Green Day's Famous FRIENDS

BCap

she gave him Kurt's copy of Landshark by Fang..

Oh, sweet! That must be a weird gift to receive, it's not like Billie was friends with Kurt

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sweet! That must be a weird gift to receive, it's not like Billie was friends with Kurt

Was actually more than Landshark

Kurt had got copies of all of Fang's discography from Tom Flynn (Fang's guitarist ) sometime in late 90/early 91

Great collection to have

I wish I was that kid who got one of Kurt's Mustang...

They're good friendswith Metallica, were friends with blink too but not that much anymore. Serena is a good friend too, so is Zuckerburg.

Courtney Love And dave Ghrol ... That must be weird for him haha

Lady Gaga, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes with Billie (I don't know if they are friends or just they like AI musical)

Lady Gaga, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes with Billie (I don't know if they are friends or just they like AI musical)

I heard that Cruise and Holmes came up to Billie after one of the performances to congratulate him, but I don't know if they are actually friends (I would kind of doubt it, seeing as how Billie Joe isn't too fond of celebrities in general [aside from other musicians, apparently]). Lady Gaga, however, might actually be friends with Billie - notably, she is one of the eight people he follows on Twitter. I'm really glad that Lady Gaga likes Green Day - she is one of my favorite musicians, and she seems to be a genuinely awesome person (my cousin went to one of her shows, and said she got more than her money's worth!)

I'd be interested in knowing if the band is friends with The Boss - there are several similarities (working class backgrounds, kickass music, looooong concerts as routine, etc.)

I heard that Cruise and Holmes came up to Billie after one of the performances to congratulate him, but I don't know if they are actually friends (I would kind of doubt it, seeing as how Billie Joe isn't too fond of celebrities in general [aside from other musicians, apparently]). Lady Gaga, however, might actually be friends with Billie - notably, she is one of the eight people he follows on Twitter. I'm really glad that Lady Gaga likes Green Day - she is one of my favorite musicians, and she seems to be a genuinely awesome person (my cousin went to one of her shows, and said she got more than her money's worth!)

I'd be interested in knowing if the band is friends with The Boss - there are several similarities (working class backgrounds, kickass music, looooong concerts as routine, etc.)

I kinda get the feeling Bruce hates green day. Just my feeling from bruce whenever they are in the same room, like at the hall of fame, grammy's etc. I do know that Stevie Van Zant of the E street band is pretty good friends with the band however.

I kinda get the feeling Bruce hates green day. Just my feeling from bruce whenever they are in the same room, like at the hall of fame, grammy's etc. I do know that Stevie Van Zant of the E street band is pretty good friends with the band however.

Huh? I've never seen or heard that anywhere. Actually, I never knew they were ever even in the same room together. I wonder what he would have against Green Day?

The only time I can really remember that they were in the same room was when billie inducted the stooges into the rock n roll hall of fame. A lot of the members in spingsteen's band were rather excited during billie's speech but Bruce just had a rather dead and indifferent expression on his face. But I don't really have any more evidence than that.

maybe we can consider paul westerberg and tommy stinson as frieds of billie

Pretty sure that Billie is friends with Chris Cheney of The Living End. Not sure about the rest of either of the bands though.

The only time I can really remember that they were in the same room was when billie inducted the stooges into the rock n roll hall of fame. A lot of the members in spingsteen's band were rather excited during billie's speech but Bruce just had a rather dead and indifferent expression on his face. But I don't really have any more evidence than that.

That's because Bruce is quite literally the greatest induction speech giver ever and Billie isn't that good at it :lol: I'd probably have a cringe face myself if I was watching him try to do some public speaking :lol: Seriously, go on youtube and watch any of the times Bruce inducted a band, he's truly the boss. (I think he inducted U2. Check that out.)

But yeah Steve Van Zandt is clearly a fan, or friend. He even did a video promoting The Boo on his radio show vlog! (Wish I could find that again)

That's because Bruce is quite literally the greatest induction speech giver ever and Billie isn't that good at it :lol: I'd probably have a cringe face myself if I was watching him try to do some public speaking :lol: Seriously, go on youtube and watch any of the times Bruce inducted a band, he's truly the boss. (I think he inducted U2. Check that out.)

But yeah Steve Van Zandt is clearly a fan, or friend. He even did a video promoting The Boo on his radio show vlog! (Wish I could find that again)

Well yeah i guess that's true but I'm pretty sure he's never been a huge fan. He might not hate them but I've never heard of him mentioning them before. Guess he could at least respect them in some way.

Well yeah i guess that's true but I'm pretty sure he's never been a huge fan. He might not hate them but I've never heard of him mentioning them before. Guess he could at least respect them in some way.

Bruce is also just VERY laid back when not on stage...

Doesn't surprise me - I've heard he's a friendly guy. Also sounds like a possible thread (for the off-topic area).

Well yeah that doesn't surprise me much either but I was just going by what I knew which wasn't a ton. I don't really listen to him or follow him much anyway. But have been to a show before which was really good. Would go again. Too bad the sound was screwed up at the show for whatever reason but was still an awesome performance even tho you couldn't always tell what song was playing or what was said on stage. He is quite the performer, which is probably an understatement.

Well yeah that doesn't surprise me much either but I was just going by what I knew which wasn't a ton. I don't really listen to him or follow him much anyway. But have been to a show before which was really good. Would go again. Too bad the sound was screwed up at the show for whatever reason but was still an awesome performance even tho you couldn't always tell what song was playing or what was said on stage. He is quite the performer, which is probably an understatement.

Damn straight! First concert I ever went to was Springsteen (fall 2009, I think - it was the first semester of my junior year of high school). He was playing in Baltimore. My dad and I had seats all the way in the back. It was STILL a kickass show - he got on stage late, and then played for AT LEAST three hours (which, as I found out later, is the normal concert length for him). I actually had to go to the bathroom during the show - didn't miss a goddamn thing, since the music was loud enough that I could hear it just as clearly over the sound of flushing.

My friend was his personal security two OZ tours ago - he picked him up from the Gold Coast airport - Bruce jumped in the front seat & shook his hand & said "Bruce please to meet you". :) My friend said he was a really nice guy the only thing he really wanted was a NY paper each day which my friend had to drive from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to collect. :)

My friend was his personal security two OZ tours ago - he picked him up from the Gold Coast airport - Bruce jumped in the front seat & shook his hand & said "Bruce please to meet you". :) My friend said he was a really nice guy the only thing he really wanted was a NY paper each day which my friend had to drive from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to collect. :)

This... actually seems completely plausible. I've seen a ton of threads on sites like Reddit about rude/dickish celebrities, and The Boss has NEVER come up (well, he was brought up once or twice, but just to show just how he was the polar opposite of the prima donna dickheads - some guy said he's the sort of guy who will look you in the eye, shake your hand, and chat with you for a good while about meaningful topics like fatherhood).

This... actually seems completely plausible. I've seen a ton of threads on sites like Reddit about rude/dickish celebrities, and The Boss has NEVER come up (well, he was brought up once or twice, but just to show just how he was the polar opposite of the prima donna dickheads - some guy said he's the sort of guy who will look you in the eye, shake your hand, and chat with you for a good while about meaningful topics like fatherhood).

My friend and I met Bruce when he came to speak at her school, and he was walking back to his car and my friend shouted "Hey Bruce, is there such thing as Central Jersey!?" (we are from Central Jersey) and he was like "Hell yeah! South Jersey and North Jersey will try to tell you Central is not a real thing, but I'm from Central Jersey, so you tell them I said it!" So there you have it from the boss's mouth :lol: But he was super chill.

I believe that

He's about the only celebrity I've heard of that's never had one bad thing to say about him that I've seen

I believe that

He's about the only celebrity I've heard of that's never had one bad thing to say about him that I've seen

I actually know a lot of people who have met famous people:

-A friend of mine has met the members of Fall Out Boy numerous times (they're cool), and she used to date Zack Merrick (the bass player in All Time Low). She also met Kanye West (as with LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER MET HIM, she said he was a dick [i'll cut him a bit of slack, though, since it's quite likely that he has Asperger's, and I know what that's like]) and Zac Efron (who was cool).

-My mom saw Art Garfunkel at an airport when she was a kid or teen (late 60s/early-mid 70s). Asshole.

-Dad met George H.W. Bush. Nice guy.

-My friend's girlfriend was at a wedding for a friend of her dad's, and one of the friends was Ryan Gosling. She got a picture with him - nice guy.

-A friend of mine has met Steve Blum several times - nice guy.

-A friend of mine got to meet the members of We the Kings recently (she posted a picture of herself with them on Instagram, and it sounded like they were pretty cool).

-A couple of my friends have met Tony Hawk - they said he was nice (although people online have said otherwise).

-A friend of mine got to meet Stephen Colbert - also a nice guy.

-I think my aunt, uncle, and cousin might have met Steven Spielberg (I think - in any case, he was nice).

-A friend of a friend saw Bill Murray and went to say hi. Murray just walked right by him. My friend's friend walked away. A few seconds later, Murray turns around, tackles him to the ground, smiles, winks, and says "no one will ever believe you!" (Bill Murray, everyone!)

-My cousin's boyfriend met Bruce Willis as a kid (he actually got to go to his house for a playdate, I think - can't remember the exact details) - said he was a nice guy (in contrast to stories from a LOT of people, including from some famous people!)

I haven't personally met anyone famous, although there are plenty of bands (and a few film directors and voice actors) that I'd love to meet (not for an autograph, but just to tell them that I enjoy their work - I am under the impression that they don't encounter a lot of fans like that).

A few celebs that I've heard nothing but good about:

-Matt Damon (haven't heard much, but all that I HAVE heard online has been good, except for one or two things which sounded like total bullshit)

-Richard Simmons

-Jaret Reddick (actually, ALL of Bowling for Soup)

-George Takei

-R. Lee Ermey (the actor/Vietnam vet/real-life drill sergeant) - if he has an autograph signing or something, the line will take FOREVER due to the fact that he likes to take the time to talk to everyone (also, watch the blooper DVD for Mail Call - when he's not swearing like the Marine he is, he just comes off as a genuinely nice guy)

-Tom Hanks

-Stephen Colbert

-Jon Stewart

Surprisingly, I've heard some not-so-good things about Bill Murray (EXTREMELY rare, though, and often very old, save for a couple, like his feud with Lucy Liu on the set of Charlie's Angels). Someone also mentioned having a bad experience with John DiMaggio (sadly, though, I don't believe DiMaggio told the fan to "bite [his] shiny metal ass"). Will Ferrell is apparently VERY hit or miss (often miss, due to people not understanding that he's being weird just because he IS weird). I've literally NEVER heard anything nice about John Cusack, and only one or two nice things about William Shatner. I never heard anything about Chevy Chase, surprisingly (although that's probably because he's just an asshole to everyone). Also surprisingly, Tom Cruise is supposed to be pretty nice.

I actually know a lot of people who have met famous people:

I know and also met a lot of em as well and it's a toss up just depends on how and where a lot of em are super nice in public but straight up assholes in private life but oh well

Kanye doesn't have Aspergers he is just an extremely private person who has a short temper and is outspoken and also for a while was into drugs and those 3 do not mix well... And I think his mom dying also kind of fucked him up cause he didn't act up until she passed...

Bill Murray is very weird and strange very moody and somewhat reclusive (as he doesn't have a cell phone and no email address and from reports no one knows where he stays... His manager has said he can't reach him unless he contacts the manager himself) I've met him twice at SXSW first time he wanted to avoid everyone second time he talked to a few took a few pics but denied all autographs

Archived