In 1992, Green Day only made $100 a night

Crimpshrine

All-around swell guy and relentlessly creative soul Derek Hess posted some photos of his booking calendar from back in the day when he was bringing bands to play the Euclid Tavern. The shot below, from 1992, has a few interesting tidbits, including Green Day's Wednesday-night show where the group pulled a sweet $100 for stopping by the venerable Cleveland institution. Just fabulous.

640.jpg

If I made 100 dollars a night I would be the happiest man alive

not bad at all in the early 90', in my opinion. Thats more than I make in 2 days.

I wonder if that would have been considered good earnings for them in those days?

$100 a night but that's $33 a person and they probably needed that money for gas :lol: So yeah, you could survive an afternoon on it!

Anyone know how much the boys earn for one arena show nowadays? (I mean actually earn, like after they pay all the other people and fees).

Now Emily's Army makes more money per show than them.

Now Emily's Army makes more money per show than them.

Baseclly Emily's Army are already rich. sooo..

$100 a night but that's $33 a person and they probably needed that money for gas :lol: So yeah, you could survive an afternoon on it!

Anyone know how much the boys earn for one arena show nowadays? (I mean actually earn, like after they pay all the other people and fees).

i read my chemical romance did 40k per show so green day must be higher than 50k. and during the 21st CB tour they did 8,8 millions from the tour so.

that's quite a lot.

$100 a night for a band in their position in the early 90s was pretty good going by general standards!

This was after Kerplunk though, remember Kerplunk sold out when it was released. Big record labels were already looking at Green Day. They were getting pretty big at this point y'know.

My mother makes 100 dollars a night too :)

Oh aye?

Anyway...

Oh aye?

Anyway...

What you gonna do today ?

My mother makes 100 dollars a night too :)

Sounds like she's got a good job! What does she do?

That's a cool picture :)

And that money is not bad when you look at the rest of the list, although those Botch guys must be really big now if they deserved that much back then!

That's a cool picture :)

And that money is not bad when you look at the rest of the list, although those Botch guys must be really big now if they deserved that much back then!

Yeah . haha

500$ what the....?

Hmm Interesting but for a band on an indie label in the early 90's it could have been a lot worse I suppose.

i read my chemical romance did 40k per show so green day must be higher than 50k. and during the 21st CB tour they did 8,8 millions from the tour so.

that's quite a lot.

I would be interested to know the breakdown of costs for an arena show - if they play an 11,000 capacity arena are they only making like $4 or $5 per ticket. Does that seem right. Maths is not my strong point sorry.

Sounds like she's got a good job! What does she do?

She is a dancer. :)

Archived