[Opinion] What's next for Green Day?

Sanity Loan

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone bashes the trilogy because the lyrcis weren't that great and the guitar tones and the simplicity of it but no one seems to understand is that it was basically PURPOSLY made it like that. They wanted to have fun with it and be random and spontanous. Billie said it himself the last 2 albums were so dark that they wanted something light and fun and that's exactly what the trilogy is. It's 4 guys in a room jamming and then recorded. Were they the best batch of songs? No but who cares the whole point was to just "shoot from the hip". As for green days next album who knows when it will be out? You would think after 21st century breakdown they would sit back and text before going back to it but they relesed 37 songs 3 years later. So an album could be here in 2016 or 2018, shit it could even be in the works right now and be recorded after the American idiot anniversary and relesed in 2015. Time will tell.

Rest *

Everyone bashes the trilogy because the lyrcis weren't that great and the guitar tones and the simplicity of it but no one seems to understand is that it was basically PURPOSLY made it like that. They wanted to have fun with it and be random and spontanous. Billie said it himself the last 2 albums were so dark that they wanted something light and fun and that's exactly what the trilogy is. It's 4 guys in a room jamming and then recorded. Were they the best batch of songs? No but who cares the whole point was to just "shoot from the hip". As for green days next album who knows when it will be out? You would think after 21st century breakdown they would sit back and text before going back to it but they relesed 37 songs 3 years later. So an album could be here in 2016 or 2018, shit it could even be in the works right now and be recorded after the American idiot anniversary and relesed in 2015. Time will tell.

Rest *

i think most people know it wasn't create to be a masterpiece. even though, the albums personally don't appeal that much to me and i'm not a fan of the general sound. even if there are few songs i really like, the entire trilogy will never be in my top favorite albums and i'm not going to take in consideration if it was made on purpose to be average or not.

I'd prefer a new FBHT album instead of a GD one in the next few years, but since that's not very likely I didn't even mention it :P

After Billie's stint in rehab I'd rather not see them do Tubbies stuff anymore, ever. It was great fun and we have a cool album to enjoy but they don't need to do it again.

A new album.

And maybe a dvd of all their 99 Revolutions Tour adventures. But that's only on my wildest dreams...

I think we will see another album from The Network.

This is about what's next for Green Day, dude.

Four words:

Greatest Hits, Vol. 2

1.I Fought the Law
2.Shoplifter
3.American Idiot
4.Boulevard of the Broken Dreams
5.Holiday
6.Wake Me up When September Ends
7.Jesus of Suburbia
8.The Saints Are Coming
9.Working Class Hero
10.The Simpsons Theme Song
11.Know Your Enemy
12.21 Guns
13.East Jesus Nowhere
14.21st Century Breakdown
15.Last of the American Girls
16.21 Guns (featuring american idiot cast)
17. When It’s Time
18. Oh Love
19. Kill the DJ
20. Let Yourself Go
21.Stray Heart
22.The Forgotten
23.X-Kid
Plus maybe a new song or b-side. This would have to be a two-disc-er, seeing as without a bonus, this runs about an hour and 34 minutes. So....12 on each, and we're good.
Of course, I'd rather have something new. B-sides would be better to me than a hits album. Live album, eeeh. They are the best live band ever, but how many live albums to we really need? I'd wait on that until the setlist changed a bit more... Who knows what we as fans will get? But I know what we want, and that's NEW SONGS. We want them NOW, but to be realistic....probably start hearing studio news the end of next year, and the album will come out mid-to-late 2016. If they torture us with anticipation until 2017, they could do a HUGE 30 year celebration/ release. It would be incredible for a band to have the biggest album of their career 30 years in. Not sure if anyone has done that. Johnny Cash maybe...there's probably a few that have, and I know Green Day can do it.

After Billie's stint in rehab I'd rather not see them do Tubbies stuff anymore, ever. It was great fun and we have a cool album to enjoy but they don't need to do it again.

agreed. we don't want rehab part 2.

they don't need alcohol to put out garage rock records goddamn why would you even think that

Didn't they just do a FBHT show, too? Do you guys think so little of Billie or even just recovering addicts in general that you think he can't possibly control himself?

lol @

i was asking what you meant but ok

lol @

ok seriously stop being annoying

ok seriously stop being annoying

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you :cry:

i was asking what you meant but ok

well i meant that most of the best hits since international superhits were on american idiot

If there's one thing I've learned about Green Day, it's never to try to predict what comes next...

If there's one thing I've learned about Green Day, it's never to try to predict what comes next...

I learned that about the future in general. Sometimes I think that's knowledge everyone has but then I remember the powerball and threads like these exist and people participate in both.

Maybe they'll play on the moon.

I learned that about the future in general. Sometimes I think that's knowledge everyone has but then I remember the powerball and threads like these exist and people participate in both.

Maybe they'll play on the moon.

I dunno man, Alan Abramowitz predicted the 2012 US Presidential race to .06% of the general population vote. Maybe he can predict Green Day's next move.

I don't know what to think anymore.

they don't need alcohol to put out garage rock records goddamn why would you even think that

Didn't they just do a FBHT show, too? Do you guys think so little of Billie or even just recovering addicts in general that you think he can't possibly control himself?

This!!!!

Archived