[Opinion] What's next for Green Day?

Sanity Loan

However, in hindsight, it is.  IT was a huge departure from what they have done in the past and alot of people had a hard time reconciling that.  Now, I think they are in a position where people are not sure what to expect because they have tried so many different things, some successful, some not.  So, I think something like Warning, if the same quality, would be better received.  

It was a good transition album, in my eyes. A well-done departure from goofy masturbation songs to serious political ideas. Unfortunately most other people did not see it this way.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good transition album, in my eyes. A well-done departure from goofy masturbation songs to serious political ideas. Unfortunately most other people did not see it this way.

Having said that Waiting and Minority fit on any setlist & the casual fans love it.

But they do now.  

Having said that Waiting and Minority fit on any setlist & the casual fans love it.

Exactly! When I had my big birthday bash for my 17th birthday (wow that was gay) I played those 2 songs and everyone loved them.

How about an album with it's very own, unique sound?  An album that leaves no room for comparison to this album or that album?  something completely new and fresh and still Green Day?    I want this album to revive Rock n Roll and to sell over 300 Million copies.   Okay, so maybe that's asking a bit much.  But I want the next album to have success, or at the very least to outsell the Trilogy albums.  As far as the content, I would love to hear their more serious side as far as lyrics.  Musically the same as well.  Harder, darker.  Not death metal but possibly a harder rock direction.     

• 4 weeks later...

If we don't get an album by August 1, 2016 it will be the longest gap between Green Day records ever.  I had to do some difficult math to get that date, it really made my head hurt.   The longest gap we've had so far was between Idiot and Breakdown, which was 4 years, 7 months and 25 days, and August 1, 2016 is when that will be the gap between Tre and ALBUM 12.    I have also done some other stupid math based on when the first 11 albums were released to get a release date.   the next album will be released on JULY 13th, 2016!!!!!!!!    That is when we will get to hear Pirate Radio, which is a possible album title.  Because any and every combination of words COULD be the name of the record.  Diarrhea Kersplash! has a nice ring to it, and a nice throwback to the label not letting them call Dookie "Liquid Dookie".  HAHA.   I'm being silly.  But seriously.   I hope that we get a new album before August 1, 2016.   They've already started working on new songs, so they could have a completed project 10 months down the line, no rushing needed.  

If we don't get an album by August 1, 2016 it will be the longest gap between Green Day records ever.  I had to do some difficult math to get that date, it really made my head hurt.   The longest gap we've had so far was between Idiot and Breakdown, which was 4 years, 7 months and 25 days, and August 1, 2016 is when that will be the gap between Tre and ALBUM 12.    I have also done some other stupid math based on when the first 11 albums were released to get a release date.   the next album will be released on JULY 13th, 2016!!!!!!!!    That is when we will get to hear Pirate Radio, which is a possible album title.  Because any and every combination of words COULD be the name of the record.  Diarrhea Kersplash! has a nice ring to it, and a nice throwback to the label not letting them call Dookie "Liquid Dookie".  HAHA.   I'm being silly.  But seriously.   I hope that we get a new album before August 1, 2016.   They've already started working on new songs, so they could have a completed project 10 months down the line, no rushing needed.  

:ermm::ermm:  :mellow:

Archived