[Opinion] What's next for Green Day?

Sanity Loan

Wonder how that works for the half of this year's inductees who are 6 feet under.

You do know what "posthumous" means right?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not going to break up.

Is this coming from an inside source or from personal opinion?

Is this coming from an inside source or from personal opinion?

This is coming from someone who has been a fan for 15 years and hears these theories every single time they take a break. Each time they have the same exact reasons and the same exact "feelings" about why it's more plausible that time.

I've been a fan for 15 years, too, but this is the first time I've ever felt this :P

Nothing is new. You're hanging out some cynical bastards though, so...

Wonder how that works for the half of this year's inductees who are 6 feet under.

Who are the dead members being inducted?

Who are the dead members being inducted?

The Mike Dirnt we know and love is actually a robot. The real Mike Dirnt died in a teleporter accident in 1997.

Isn't there always rumors of Green Day splitting up when they are on a break though?

Yeah but previously Billie didn't unfollow Mike and Tre on Instagram.

He's not the only one who decides if the band stays together, though. As much as his ego has taken over the group Mike and Tre still get to walk away if they want to.

Yes I understand that but it's just my feeling - I also think all things aside - if Britt stays healthy she loves Mike in GD - I don't no that for a fact of course.

He's become more and more the face of the band in the last decade and Mike and Tre have been pushed further and further back.

Disagree with this - when billie was back touring Mike took a fair bit of the limelight - he did all the radio interviews & everything to do with the guys coming here for soundwave.

Like Billie Joe said, the band will regroup this year and see what's going on. If they are all up for it, they will begin work on Album 12. This will probably be the very end of 2015, due to the current issues band members are facing. Usually with Green Day, things go like this: They write songs, then enter the studio. Several months after they've started we get news about a new album. Then nothing for a while. Then some kind of teaser, and a release date which is incredibly far away. Then we wait for the lead single, which for us fans is still too far away. I'm guessing they regroup at the very end of 2015 and the new album will be released in late 2016. As for what sound/type of music, I don't know. I would love to see Green Day single-handedly bring Rock n Roll back into the mainstream, as it seems that folk-rock and EDM have taken over the world. Maybe I'm just getting old, but today's new artists really are awful.

I hope they make another concept album.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but today's new artists really are awful.

I agree, but I'm not even old.

Hysterical nonsense in this thread :P. There's nothing that indicates they're going to break up.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but today's new artists really are awful.

I agree, but I'm not even old.

What you mean is "The stuff I hear on the radio is awful". And that phrase has never not been true. It has never been easier to discover new music, and there's no shortage of incredible bands making much better music than GD have been putting out in the past few years. Saying "I hate music these days, all the bands are shit" just shows that you're too lazy to actually go find the incredible bands that are only a few clicks away.

Actually, fuck it, if you want some recommendations, just PM me.

Honestly (and I don't really know why I feel this way) but for some reason I can't imagine them creating another album. After the trilogy it's like...where do they go from there? I feel like the trilogy was just thrown together and I feel they don't really have that fire anymore with their music. I don't necessarily think they are going to break up, I just don't see their new music being better than the trilogy, unfortunately. I hate to sound like such a pessimist but I hope i'm wrong.

Honestly (and I don't really know why I feel this way) but for some reason I can't imagine them creating another album. After the trilogy it's like...where do they go from there? I feel like the trilogy was just thrown together and I feel they don't really have that fire anymore with their music. I don't necessarily think they are going to break up, I just don't see their new music being better than the trilogy, unfortunately. I hate to sound like such a pessimist but I hope i'm wrong.

I disagree - love it or hate it - to me it looked like they enjoyed the process of the trilogy - I love cuatro.

Have you seen Cuatro? They come across as totally inspired about making music and loving it in it, and they couldn't wait to get the songs out there by debuting them live at secret shows which was a new and challenging thing for them. From that and from every interview with them I've seen before/during/after the trilogy albums came out I get the impression they're still very much fired up about music and positive about the future of the band, even in interviews around the time of Billie's rehab they were that way. So I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

Have you seen Cuatro? They come across as totally inspired about making music and loving it in it, and they couldn't wait to get the songs out there by debuting them live at secret shows which was a new and challenging thing for them. From that and from every interview with them I've seen before/during/after the trilogy albums came out I get the impression they're still very much fired up about music and positive about the future of the band, even in interviews around the time of Billie's rehab they were that way. So I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

Mind reader - beat you this time

All I remember from Cuatro is a scene with hookers and cocaine in a hotel room, Tré hiding in a bush, and Billie Joe being an arsehole.

All I remember from Cuatro is a scene with hookers and cocaine in a hotel room, Tré hiding in a bush, and Billie Joe being an arsehole.

Don't you remember Jason's cat

Archived