[Opinion] What's next for Green Day?

Sanity Loan

you cannot compare Green day's music with all that shit load- ( One Direction, Niki Minaj, Adele, Taylor swift).. and the marketing they do with their albums!!

The marketing has been comparable with those artists you mentioned in the past, at least with American Idiot and Breakdown.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The marketing has been comparable with those artists you mentioned in the past, at least with American Idiot and Breakdown.

marketing has been compared but not the music..... Green day's music is EPIC!

We wont see anything from them for years until they play the opening show of the USA olympics in 2040 and that will be the last we see of them.

Honestly, I'm craving any sort of Green Day news I can get right now, although I doubt we'll get anything albumor tour-wise for a long, long time.

Like, I'd do anything for even a glimmer of hope for a tour in the next two years, but I just don't see how it'd even be possible... especially with everything going on with Mike and his wife.

Green Day are going their seperate ways??

Yes, they're breaking up. Didn't you hear? :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Genuinely beginning to think they're going to break up. I think that the HOF is going to be their last live gig, a few weeks or months later we'll get the news that they're splitting and that's that.

Yeah, I'll be disappointed to never have seen them live but honestly I don't much care about it one way or the other at this point.

Finally people are starting to realize what I've been saying for months.

We realized it before you, thanks very much, you just made it obnoxious and no one wanted to associate themselves with you by taking the position. :P

We realized it before you, thanks very much, you just made it obnoxious and no one wanted to associate themselves with you by taking the position. :P

People don't like to hear what they don't want to accept.

People don't like to hear what they don't want to accept.

Not when it has nothing to do with the thread they're posting in, they don't. And as said, we all were blowing that horn long before you, it's not as if we hadn't accepted it.

Not when it has nothing to do with the thread they're posting in, they don't. And as said, we all were blowing that horn long before you, it's not as if we hadn't accepted it.

Considering all the angry replies with "evidence" against it, I don't think everyone had accepted it.

Genuinely beginning to think they're going to break up. I think that the HOF is going to be their last live gig, a few weeks or months later we'll get the news that they're splitting and that's that.

Im not sure why you would think that after billies interview about being inducted - to me I think he already has music written & is waiting for everyone's personal life to settle.

Im not sure why you would think that after billies interview about being inducted - to me I think he already has music written & is waiting for everyone's personal life to settle.

He's not the only one who decides if the band stays together, though. As much as his ego has taken over the group Mike and Tre still get to walk away if they want to.

You're just saying that because you want to be able to say you were at their last show :P

Yeah, I'll be disappointed to never have seen them live but honestly I don't much care about it one way or the other at this point.

Eh I'm still inclined to disagree

I know you think Billie is an egomaniac but I still take what he said in the interview as pretty clear evidence they plan on working on stuff as soon as everyones healthy again. Say what you will about Billie but that interview is the bands most recent press, and it is evidence against a break up.

I'm not saying it as some fangirl in denial (although we all know that I am at heart :P). I'm just looking at the evidence in front of us and I'm not going to take any leaps with my own conjecture or speculation.

What kind of bullshit statement is that?

He's become more and more the face of the band in the last decade and Mike and Tre have been pushed further and further back.

What evidence is there that billie's ego is that bad? Mike and Billie have been friends for over 30 years. I would imagine Mike would no problems telling him he's being an ass. Or he could at least easily beat the crap out him and move on.

He's become more and more the face of the band in the last decade and Mike and Tre have been pushed further and further back.

He is the face of the band. All front men are.

I think there's gonna be a tour or at least a new album. I would like to see one where they ACTUALLY go back to their roots. Heck, I think a rock opera would be interesting to see, but I would rather not have that.

Them being inducted has gotta mean SOMETHING new is going to come.

Them being inducted has gotta mean SOMETHING new is going to come.

Wonder how that works for the half of this year's inductees who are 6 feet under.

He's the front man. When they re-branded themselves for AI, Billie was the face of it. The died hair, eye-liner, black suit/red tie, etc. All of it was marketing. That re-branding gave them an extra 10 years on to their careers. Yes Billie's importance increased, but it really wasn't his doing, and it has benefited the band

In the last decade nothing much has changed. It's been pretty much the same since before American Idiot came out.

I hope they don't break up. I hope they tour and put out another album.

I think if anything, being inducted in the Hall of Fame will make them more proud and excited to be in the band. Hopefully it'll motivate them to start writing again.

Archived