[Opinion] What's next for Green Day?

Sanity Loan

This isn't really me guessing what there gonna do but more hoping or what I would like to see next but I'm hoping for a dark green day a green day were it's familier but yet you go "wait that's green day?!?" When I say dark I mean songs like:

Viva la Gloria (little girl)

Restless heart syndrome (especially the ending)

Before the lobotomy (also mainly the heavy ending)

Lazy bones

And blood sex and booze

Anyone else agree?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I like when the band is in the public spotlight and doing well commercially. A quality album (dare I say like AI) will really help that and put the band back on the map.

I don't think they'll be in the spotlight again. The trilogy flopped, and they lost their cool factor in the mainstream. Sure, they'll still sell records and concert tickets, but for popularity, I think they're done.

They should just focus on putting out good music. I want more serious material.

I don't think they'll be in the spotlight again. The trilogy flopped, and they lost their cool factor in the mainstream. Sure, they'll still sell records and concert tickets, but for popularity, I think they're done.

That was the same mentality after Warning came out.

This isn't really me guessing what there gonna do but more hoping or what I would like to see next but I'm hoping for a dark green day a green day were it's familier but yet you go "wait that's green day?!?" When I say dark I mean songs like:

Lazy bones

And blood sex and booze

Anyone else agree?

I'd love something like that. A whole album of Restless Heart Syndrome/BOBD sounding stuff, or an album in the vain of Misery/Little Girl would be perfect.

I'd love something like that. A whole album of Restless Heart Syndrome/BOBD sounding stuff, or an album in the vain of Misery/Little Girl would be perfect.

vein*

vein*

*mumble mumble autocorrect*

You've won this round, Mr Dog.

*mumble mumble autocorrect*

You've won this round, Mr Dog.

*Dr. Dog

Do you all think the next one should be a "recovery album"? I think the concept has been a little played out at this point but I think Green Day could pull it off.

vein*

Your signature is taller than 700 pixels. Enjoy your ban!

I would love an album of b sides, AI, 21CB and the trilogy should have some really good b sides. I also wouldn't mind a darker album myself.

I would like new material of course but i would love it if they did a compilation of back catalogue music - stuff that we here all love but perhaps the general public hasn't heard much of - not that I am too concerned about the general public. Then I wish they would tour with this. So tour with no songs like AI, WMUWSE etc. Oh & I would love an intimate tour of OZ - like Billie suggested before rehab.

Green Day could make a song with Tokyo Hotel or Linkin Park or with The Beatles.

no thank you to the TH

Your signature is taller than 700 pixels. Enjoy your ban!

You're now more annoying than him

You're now more annoying than him

I aim only to be heard. God will know my name.

As much as I would love for Green Day to come out with a new album next year, I doubt it will happen. I'm guessing early 2016 they will release a new album and begin touring that Spring or Summer. Since there was complications last tour for the North American dates, it'd be rad to see them do 2 full leg tours of North America, like usual. If the new album had some darker elements. raw sound like Demolicious, and the power of the AI album, it would be amazing! I think it would be cool to see them revamp their live show a little bit. Don't get me wrong, Green Day is absolutely amazing live and in my opinion, one of the best live bands there is. But I'd like to see stuff like the King For A Day bit and the Shout / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Highway to Hell/ Hey Jude bit replaced by something else. Whether it be more of their own songs or just another compilation of songs, it gets repetitive and expected after awhile. I'm speculating that Green Day will just chill out for awhile, play a few secret/small shows here and there, and work on material towards future projects. Maybe we'll get new information on the American Idiot film adaptation and the Early Years Documentary. :)

I doubt they will ever produce anything that will make them go into the mainstream ever again considering the state of music today, but, I hope they would make another rock opera.

That was the same mentality after Warning came out.

Very true, but realistically do you think it'll happen again?

American Idiot was viewed as the band re-inventing itself. It's very unlikely it'll happen again, and radio has changed since 2004-06. The American Idiot run was legendary.

Even though I'd love to see it happen, it's just not going to.

Very true, but realistically do you think it'll happen again?

American Idiot was viewed as the band re-inventing itself. It's very unlikely it'll happen again, and radio has changed since 2004-06. The American Idiot run was legendary.

Even though I'd love to see it happen, it's just not going to.

HuwZjQy.jpg

Wtf is that pic?

Wtf is that pic?

someone's avy a couple posts above me.

new *~**dAnK*~* meme

powerful.

Stop the spam in here please, it's getting boring now

They might record another concept album, Idk. I'm fine with whatever they decide to release :)

Lazy bones

And blood sex and booze

Anyone else agree?

I wouldn't mind more growling/snarling from Billie. and also, more songs sang by Mike and Tre. Heck, give Jason the mike once and a while too!

But yes. A darker, more twisted Green Day would be awesome. And a "whoa, this doesn't sound like them" would be cool.

Part of me agrees with wanting the "darker and twisted" Green Day because it's so fun and refreshing to see (hear) them experiment, like some songs on 21CB (Little Girl, Restless Heart, etc).

But the other part of me wants an album full of "standard" Green Day songs. I guess it's kind of difficult to have a standard sound for the band but something like Dookie + Nimrod + American Idiot would be nice to have. Especially if they are damn catchy and give the band some success.

Archived