Green Day crossed with popular culture

Shondells

Hey everyone,

Had a random thought this morning about how GD songs could be linked to other pop culture phenomenon:

Princess Leia's personal theme song could be 'She's a Rebel'!

Mr Burns could move to 'Tight Wad Hill'

What else can we come up with? :)

Probably Panic Song would fit to some people's view of our society

American Idiot - When I am talking to americans :P

Whatsername - When I see a hot girl in the club

The Grouch - My theme song

Dominated Love Slave - My sex theme song

Black people's song could be "Minority" sometimes, especially where I live

Well yeah, any minority group of people in a given place can be described by the word minority.

None of the things people have replied with so far are really to do with pop culture though. The OP has given examples from Star Wars and The Simpsons, it's supposed to be things like that from TV, movies, music, video games, celebrities etc, pop culture. I'm too lame to be able to think of any myself :P, but still.

Lassie´s theme in "Lassie come home" could be either "2000 Lightyears away" or "Tired of waiting for you"... ;)

Some Green Day songs are already about pop culture though, right? Like American Idiot and maybe Rusty James?

Some Green Day songs are already about pop culture though, right? Like American Idiot and maybe Rusty James?

u r so dum ur like rly rly dum

That said, American Idiot is basically Fight Club minus Project Mayhem and Misery is the song version of Pulp Fiction.

Black people's song could be "Minority" sometimes, especially where I live

Actually singing "I want to be the minority" is probably the last thing black people would need to say, seeing as they already are the minority and undermined for it.

More appropriate for white liberals who want amnesty and a majority hispanic population in the US :P

wow let's keep talking about Tman's dumb "joke" and ignore the point of the thread sounds super fun

Why do you people always do this shit?

wow let's keep talking about Tman's dumb "joke" and ignore the point of the thread sounds super fun

Why do you people always do this shit?

It's called 'discussion', and is what separates list thread from threads with actual content.

It's called 'discussion', and is what separates list thread from threads with actual content.

And so far this thread is neither.

And so far this thread is neither.

Because Zack dragged you and I into a different subject.

Archived