DoodleBob

Twenty One Pilots

DoodleBob

There seems to be no thread for these dudes so I figured I'd make one. Feel free to delete if my searching skills suck and there actually is a thread for Twenty One Pilots.

Anyways: Twenty One Pilots aka Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. They've been around for a while but only recently have they started to get popular. Don't ask me what genre they are because I have no clue. :lol: I discovered them through a friend, and when I first listened to them I didn't really get the appeal. But recently after giving them a second try they are all I can listen to. The best thing about them is that they are so unique, they really aren't like any other band out there.

So yeah. Is there anyone else on here that likes them? I've heard that they are amazing live.

Some music for people who have never heard of them:

Screen

Kitchen Sink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVinQEvrU9Y

Holding On To You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopePv7Kh3I

Taxi Cab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopePv7Kh3I

• Like 2

Trotsky

My favorite is Car Radio. Seeing them live is on my bucket list.

Their lyrics are somewhat comforting to me when I'm depressed and alone in my room.

• Like 1

Makingyourmascarableed

I saw Twenty One Pilots live when they opened for Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy in September and they were amazing. Their set was cut short unfortunately because their equipment had a meltdown but, they were still great live for the brief time I saw them. I would love to see them again and to finally hear "Car Radio" live.

DoodleBob

My favorite is Car Radio. Seeing them live is on my bucket list.

Their lyrics are somewhat comforting to me when I'm depressed and alone in my room.

It's funny, that song used to be my least favorite (along with Kitchen Sink). Now those 2 are the ones I listen to the most. Seeing them live is on my bucket list also...I'm hoping they'll come to Florida soon!

Emilie

I was just thinking about making this thread! Figured no one would post in it though :lol:

Yeah car radio used to be my least favourite, mostly just 'cause of the way he sang/spoke the lyrics. But damn, it's good live.

This is hard for me 'cause they're one of those bands where I like everything they do. So I can't really decide on a favourite song. Migraine is amazing though.

lizziebix

House of Gold is one of my favorite songs. They recently played not too far from our house but we didn't find out until the day before and of course the show was sold out. Maybe next time. Hubby and I really like them a lot.

• Like 1

Funky Kong

I generally don't go for modern pop stuff but I had never heard of them gave the songs a listen posted in OP and they aren't to bad I might have to look into some other stuff by them.

DoodleBob

I'm so mad. I was looking forward to seeing them live in September but it turns out I won't be able to go because I have marching band practice. :(

Z J

I've just found one of my new favorite bands, I think.

DoodleBob

I've just found one of my new favorite bands, I think.

Yay!!! What's your favorite song?

Z J

Yay!!! What's your favorite song?

Can't get enough of Ode to Sleep. It's so diverse and interesting to listen to. Car Radio is lyrically the most accurate/relatable song I've heard in a while. And House of Gold is up there as well.

But right now gotta be Ode To Sleep

Emilie

I'm getting more into their self-titled album lately. The Pantaloon, Addict with a Pen, Taxi Cab. All really good. And I love the way Implicit Demand for Proof starts

DoodleBob

Can't get enough of Ode to Sleep. It's so diverse and interesting to listen to. Car Radio is lyrically the most accurate/relatable song I've heard in a while. And House of Gold is up there as well.

But right now gotta be Ode To Sleep

Yeah, the other day I was driving and Car Radio came on and when the "I could pull the steering wheel" lyric happened and I was like "woah". For some reason that lyric came to me in a completely different light. It was magical :lol:

I'm getting more into their self-titled album lately. The Pantaloon, Addict with a Pen, Taxi Cab. All really good. And I love the way Implicit Demand for Proof starts

Taxi Cab and Addict With A Pen are amazing. Both of the rap verses in those songs are some of my favorites!

Z J

So everyone's listened to this a million times, right?? Well I heard it for the first time 2 hours ago, a dozen times since :P I like it, a lot. Apparently the rest of the album is going to sound different, but this is a great start.

DoodleBob

Not going to lie, I'm not crazy about this new song. However, I'm sure that after a few more listens I'll dig it more.

Emilie

It's so different to their older songs, I don't know what to think.

But hey, they're playing LA on a day i might be there. It'd be really cool to go (esp since american concert tickets are so cheap), but I think i might just wait until next time they come to Aus.

Z J

I've seen a lot of people say that today

Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear anything particularly different. Dubstep backing, rap, pop-hook, all stuff they've done before.

It's probably just because I'm a relatively new fan, but what are you (and seemingly everyone else) hearing that's changed? I'm honestly curious cuz :confused:

Emilie

It's probably just because I'm a relatively new fan, but what are you (and seemingly everyone else) hearing that's changed? I'm honestly curious cuz :confused:

It sounds darker. I always thought songs from Vessel, lyrics aside, were quite upbeat. But this new song doesn't have that same kinda poppy vibe.

Not that it's bad. I mean, it's still similar enough that you know it's 21P. It's just a change I wasn't expecting.

Z J

It sounds darker. I always thought songs from Vessel, lyrics aside, were quite upbeat. But this new song doesn't have that same kinda poppy vibe.

Not that it's bad. I mean, it's still similar enough that you know it's 21P. It's just a change I wasn't expecting.

Ahh yeah it does. I actually did notice that but I guess because the themes are always dark I didn't think that was it. It reminds me of the synth section of Ode To Joy, I've always found that dark, I suppose.

DoodleBob

Yeah, for me the only difference is that it's darker. While I like the darker sound, I've always liked how they've masked their somber lyrics with a happy sound.

But hey, they're playing LA on a day i might be there. It'd be really cool to go (esp since american concert tickets are so cheap), but I think i might just wait until next time they come to Aus.

You should go!!!!!

lizziebix

Hubby heard the new song on the radio yesterday. Asked me if I liked it (him knowing I always hear new music first thanks to GDC mostly! ! ). Sadly we're both in agreement that we don't. Hoping for some other better songs from them doon.

DoodleBob

Hubby heard the new song on the radio yesterday. Asked me if I liked it (him knowing I always hear new music first thanks to GDC mostly! ! ). Sadly we're both in agreement that we don't. Hoping for some other better songs from them doon.

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately. But that's exciting that it's on the radio already! :D

lizziebix

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately. But that's exciting that it's on the radio already! :D

True. I love that they're still getting played even for something I consider not their best work.

JardyOfSuburbia

My ex-girlfriend was really into them and introduced them to me. Some of their stuff I don't really care for (Car Radio just isn't up my alley) and I'm not the biggest fan of the new song Fairly Local. Sometimes it's hard for me to listen to them because it makes me think of her, but they are really talented.

Ode To Sleep, Holding On To You, House of Gold, Semi-Automatic, The Run And Go, Trees and Tear In My Heart are all great.

I also found the vinyl in the shape of Ohio on Record Store Day!

qZYo0YCh.jpg

• Like 1

jetpackblues

So I can't stop listening to the three new songs...