Something Hilarious ~American Idiot~

Antonium2200

Recognize that? That's the American Idiot music video released like ten years ago. Why is it relevant? Well, I discovered a funny function with YouTube.

If you go to the little "gear" on the bottom right hand corner of the video(next to the "Fullscreen" button), you'll see a few settings, like the quality of the video, and the speed.

I come to you today, to say, listen to the song at "0.5" or "1.5". It sounds hilarious and awesome.

*You need to be on YouTube itself to see the speed option*

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What speed button?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you need to go to the YouTube site itself to actually see the speed option.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you need to go to the YouTube site itself to actually see the speed option.

no? just click the icon on the video

no? just click the icon on the video

I don't see the settings icon on GDC's YouTube player. That's why I mentioned having to go to YouTube to see it.

I like pickles.

Soon.

I don't see the settings icon on GDC's YouTube player. That's why I mentioned having to go to YouTube to see it.

you have to click on play then it appears

you have to click on play then it appears

Oh oh oh oh.

Stupid Firefox -.- works with chrome

Hahahaha poser <3 :wub:

Is this particular song more funny than any other when played at a different speed though?

Eh, I just thought it'd be worth sharing this song in particular on a Green Day forum. The song "Akbar" sounds hilarious at different speeds.

Eh, I just thought it'd be worth sharing this song in particular on a Green Day forum. The song "Akbar" sounds hilarious at different speeds.

Fair enough, I was just wondering if I was missing something in particular.

Isn't Akbar the Pakistani national anthem or something? Or maybe I'm mixing it up with something else :P

Fair enough, I was just wondering if I was missing something in particular.

Isn't Akbar the Pakistani national anthem or something? Or maybe I'm mixing it up with something else :P

I actually don't know what Pakistan's national anthem is. XD I was referring to this song.

I actually don't know what Pakistan's national anthem is. XD I was referring to this song.

Pakistan seriously need to adopt that song as their national anthem.

I always like messing with the speed on the vinyl players on the station.

Two door cinema club always side like chipmunks when you speed them up.

This is still the funniest AI video for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txalsgU_5sk

Every now and then when I'm in a crackheaded kinda mood I like to toy around with this kinda stuff. I used to have a winamp plugin to do it. Take some of their more straight punk songs and speed em up just a little but lower the pitch to match and it's like cranking it up to 11.

Recognize that? That's the American Idiot music video released like ten years ago. Why is it relevant? Well, I discovered a funny function with YouTube.

If you go to the little "gear" on the bottom right hand corner of the video(next to the "Fullscreen" button), you'll see a few settings, like the quality of the video, and the speed.

I come to you today, to say, listen to the song at "0.5" or "1.5". It sounds hilarious and awesome.

*You need to be on YouTube itself to see the speed option*

I wish there was also a rewind button.

Let's do this with ALL THE GREEN DAY SONGS :woot:

:P

YES

I've made a Chipmunks remix of Green Day songs before I was very very bored

Lol I'm already a fan of doing this. Not really interesting in listening to songs sped up but I love listening to songs on a slower speed :lol:, creepy and interesting. Plus you can really study the music video and catch things about it you might've missed.

Archived