One Direction to cover WMUWSE live?

Akshat

She may have, it might be

You a hoe

I'm a hoe

Lets go fuck each other

Honestly, its not about her songwriting. The thing is there are better songwriters and musicians than her in every corner of the globe but nobody would have noticed her until she showed that giant ass of hers.

Was just trying to make a point

And probably no one would have noticed Elvis until he showed those swinging hips of his! And Green Day might not have got as much attention if they didn't have funny coloured hair and a cool punky look. Image is a part of music and always has been.

One Direction and any of the other pop artists mentioned aren't trying to claim to do anything more than perform (and in some cases write) pop music, they're not preventing other types of music acts from existing or claiming to be better than them. They're doing what they do and anyone who likes them can listen to them and anyone who doesn't is free not to. They're harmless.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day still use their image to sell, that's why you hear all these complaints about fangirls who only want to shag Billie. Of course some of it is them choosing to look good anyway, but we'd probably see a lot more of Hobo Joe and less eyeliner and suits if image wasn't a thing. :P It's just the way the industry works.

And probably no one would have noticed Elvis until he showed those swinging hips of his! And Green Day might not have got as much attention if they didn't have funny coloured hair and a cool punky look. Image is a part of music and always has been.

One Direction and any of the other pop artists mentioned aren't trying to claim to do anything more than perform (and in some cases write) pop music, they're not preventing other types of music acts from existing or claiming to be better than them. They're doing what they do and anyone who likes them can listen to them and anyone who doesn't is free not to. They're harmless.

Exactly. People blame the artist but it's the audience who buys their music that is to blame.

Green Day still use their image to sell, that's why you hear all these complaints about fangirls who only want to shag Billie. Of course some of it is them choosing to look good anyway, but we'd probably see a lot more of Hobo Joe and less eyeliner and suits if image wasn't a thing. :P It's just the way the industry works.

I don't even think it's as bad as just being the way the industry works, it's natural to want to present yourself a certain way along with your music. Imagine how boring it would be if every music act just wore plain and boring clothes, part of the artistic side of a band is the way they look and dress, along with their music videos, effects on stage, album artwork and logo etc, lots of visual things compliment and add to the music. It's part of being a performer.

Exactly. People blame the artist but it's the audience who buys their music that is to blame.

I don't think anyone's to blame :lol:. I don't see any harm in pop music existing.

I don't even think it's as bad as just being the way the industry works, it's natural to want to present yourself a certain way along with your music. Imagine how boring it would be if every music act just wore plain and boring clothes, part of the artistic side of a band is the way they look and dress, along with their music videos, effects on stage, album artwork and logo etc, lots of visual things compliment and add to the music. It's part of being a performer.

Oh for sure, yeah. But it's also used as a marketing thing to help sell records and it works that way for everyone, not just pop artists.

(Not that you were saying it only works like that for pop artists, but yeah)

Oh for sure, yeah. But it's also used as a marketing thing to help sell records and it works that way for everyone, not just pop artists.

(Not that you were saying it did work like that for pop artists, but yeah)

Oh yeah agreed, it is used for that as well. But like you say, not just for pop artists, so it's a bit silly how it's always pop artists who get criticized for it when it happens in pretty much every music genre (and when it isn't even a particularly terrible thing!).

the songs in the videos posted in the original article aren't wmuwse at all and are actually two of one direction's own songs??? don't know why i'm surprised at people making up bullshit rumours like this at this point but this is just stupid. and also this thread is just filled with garbage. all of you should probably stop shit talking pop musicians who are far more rich and successful than you will ever be (and who are more 'successful' and certainly more relevant than green day tbh).

there will always be pop groups in the world and there is nothing we can do about it.

and green day is one of them.

Thank god. I was sick of all this bandwagon fans who only listened GD when they were mainstream. #TrueFansForever

Can't be worse than Guns n Roses covering Knocking on Heavens Door

Bitching about other bands instead doesn't make you look any better than the few people bitching about pop. :P

green day hasn't been popular since like 2005

21 guns could be considered a moderate hit tho

21 guns could be considered a moderate hit tho

it really couldn't.

it really couldn't.

I think it could

Chart positions:
Australian Singles Chart[29] 14
Austrian Singles Chart[30] 10
Belgian Singles Chart (Wallonia) 38
Canadian Hot 100[31] 15
Czech Singles Chart 12
Danish Singles Chart[32] 37
Dutch Singles Chart[32] 21
European Hot 100 4
Irish Singles Chart[33] 21
Israeli Singles Chart[34] 3
Italian Singles Chart[35] 23
Japan Hot 100[36] 12
New Zealand Singles Chart[37] 3
Polish Singles Chart[38] 1
Spanish Airplay Chart[39] 17
Swedish Singles Chart 8
Swiss Singles Chart 13
UK Singles Chart 36
US Billboard Hot 100[40] 22
US Billboard Alternative Songs[40] 3
US Billboard Adult Pop Songs 9
US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks 17
US Billboard Rock Songs[40] 5
US Billboard Pop Songs[40] 30

I think it could

Chart positions:
Canadian Hot 100[31] 15
Czech Singles Chart 12
European Hot 100 4
Japan Hot 100[36] 12
Swedish Singles Chart 8
Swiss Singles Chart 13
UK Singles Chart 36

Oooh, Number 1 in Poland. They've made it now.

I think it could

Chart positions:

Canadian Hot 100[31] 15

Czech Singles Chart 12

European Hot 100 4

Japan Hot 100[36] 12

Swedish Singles Chart 8

Swiss Singles Chart 13

UK Singles Chart 36

admittedly i didn't realize it had gotten that high on the us hot 100, but still. that's one song, and 22 isn't THAT high. no one who only listens to mainstream pop music would consider green day to be a popular band, now or around the time 21 guns came out. the last time they were truly popular within mainstream music was at the peak of american idiot.

admittedly i didn't realize it had gotten that high on the us hot 100, but still. that's one song, and 22 isn't THAT high. no one who only listens to mainstream pop music would consider green day to be a popular band, now or around the time 21 guns came out. the last time they were truly popular within mainstream music was at the peak of american idiot.

I just wanted to say that I approve your ava. :wub:

well, considering they were no longer relevant in 2009, it did pretty well.

They're still relevant to me so they're relevant to everyone else!!!11

Archived