Tre Cool nominated for 2014 Artist Awards

Ross_19

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for the Coolest drummer on planet earth

I still don't get how Green Day has a stigma of being a Punk band I mean sure that's were their roots lie but they've evolved into a rock band for quite sometime now. But I digress a nomination is still a nomination.

I'll vote non-stop 9O8aeyM.gif ¡¡YAY, GO oVhbcmO.jpg!! 9O8aeyM.gif

Too bad we find out about this just now and not since April 1st...

Edit: WAIT. Only 1 vote per person??? They can't do that! nduNsDa.gif

Voted for Tre Cool & Dave Grohl for alternative.

and every drummer who had the most unique name in their section. :toocool: Go Pedrito Go!

It's the best way to prevent displays of butthurt like what we saw when the Tokio Hotel fandom out-cheated the Green Day fandom :P

Yeah, I guess that's true.

I still remember when Billie did some promotion :')

YrDQhoJ.jpg <love3

Also hit up Green Day brother/replacement Replacement/overall boss Josh Freese for Drummer of the Year. :thumbsup:

Are people really arguing that he isn't a punk drummer? My goodness. Voted!

how cool!

Tres cool :ga:

lol@Tré being original.

Surely most decent drummers are going to be original to an extent, just in that they have their own specific combination of certain things they tend to do that makes them sound different to the next drummer? And those things are going to be very apparent to someone who works with them on a daily basis and makes music with them. I don't know anything about the technical side of drumming myself but I know he sounds good and his drumming is more noticeable than with a lot of bands, I'm sure he has a certain unique flair.

If you can name one original thing he's done I'll happily take it back.

It also depends on what you consider "original", right?

He climbed the Universal Globe at Universal Studios. They said he has been the only person to ever do so. Now, I have no way to confirm he still is, but you have to admit that was pretty cool :P I have a gifset around here...

BUT if it's as for drumming, I'm not an expert so don't expect to say something about drumming techniques, 'cause he rocks :toocool:

Surely most decent drummers are going to be original to an extent, just in that they have their own specific combination of certain things they tend to do that makes them sound different to the next drummer? And those things are going to be very apparent to someone who works with them on a daily basis and makes music with them. I don't know anything about the technical side of drumming myself but I know he sounds good and his drumming is more noticeable than with a lot of bands, I'm sure he has a certain unique flair.

It also depends on what you consider "original", right?

He climbed the Universal Globe at Universal Studios. They said he has been the only person to ever do so. Now, I have no way to confirm he still is, but you have to admit that was pretty cool :P I have a gifset around here...

BUT if it's as for drumming, I'm not an expert so don't expect to say something about drumming techniques, 'cause he rocks :toocool:

In terms of drumming he's pretty solid, but doesn't do anything your average 14 year old Youtube kid who does a cover every week couldn't do. I suppose you could call some of his cymbal work sorta unique, even if it's not that creative, but no one even notices that unless you're a Green Day obsessed drummer.

The drums being noticeable is 90% good production, I'm afraid :P

Archived