The Alternate Lyrics

Mega Man

and I fell For Snoo! I was SOOO hoping they would say that on Demolicious. Then we would for sure that Green Day and the Network have nothing to do with each other. Haha.

Mike already confirmed they were the network during billie's rehab

Mike sometimes changes the lyrics of American Eulogy from "With money to burn on a minimum wage, I don't give a shit about the modern age," to "I'm not a daysleeper and I'm not disengaged, I don't give a shit about the modern age." I know they were the original lyrics but it's good to hear him do them live, since they're far better lyrics than those that ended up on Breakdown.

when else did he sing that besides the first performances?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered the best one! When Tre alters the line "Oh yeah did I mention" hehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVL5ku9jKc

Just remembered the best one! When Tre alters the line "Oh yeah did I mention" hehe:

actually, I think that's the original lyrics, dating back to 1992.

actually, I think that's the original lyrics, dating back to 1992.

I had no idea the song even existed then! Is there a recording of it?

Did anyone notice the line "You're fucking lonely" from Longview is actually "You're fucking breaking" on the lyrics book from Dookie ? It's weird :P

Did anyone notice the line "You're fucking lonely" from Longview is actually "You're fucking breaking" on the lyrics book from Dookie ? It's weird :P

The lyrics changed a ton and we still don't even know if it's "trippin' away" or "slippin' away" to paradise, so I'm not surprised.

The lyrics changed a ton and we still don't even know if it's "trippin' away" or "slippin' away" to paradise, so I'm not surprised.

Yes it's true, I didn't think about it ^^ But what does "you're fucking breaking" mean anyway ? English is not my native language and I can't figure out this line.

Yes it's true, I didn't think about it ^^ But what does "you're fucking breaking" mean anyway ? English is not my native language and I can't figure out this line.

Do you know what a mental breakdown is? Something like that, but he's using hyperbole as well.

Do you know what a mental breakdown is? Something like that, but he's using hyperbole as well.

Ooh okay :P I didn't see it that way but now it just makes sense, thanks ^^

I had no idea the song even existed then! Is there a recording of it?

Wfmu 1992 was the first recording I believe

Wfmu 1992 was the first recording I believe

Just listened to it, how cool! He said oh yeah did I mention though :P

Just listened to it, how cool! He said oh yeah did I mention though :P

They were playing on the radio- they censored all of their songs there. That wasn't a good example lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a version of Good Riddance in Colorado (I believe Comfort Dental Amphitheater August 28th 2010) where he says "so take the photographs and still frames and your luck hang it on a self and you're awesome as fuck" I don't know if they did that at other shows. I know they were recording that show for the album but I don't know if any of it was used. also at the end he end with "wake me up when September ends" and the accompanying riff which was the previous song.

then during Murder City he says "the clock strikes and lets go Rockies." then stated "take me higher mile high" he also said "...and I just want a marijuana cigarette" instead of the usual.

There is a version of Good Riddance in Colorado (I believe Comfort Dental Amphitheater August 28th 2010) where he says "so take the photographs and still frames and your luck hang it on a self and you're awesome as fuck" I don't know if they did that at other shows. I know they were recording that show for the album but I don't know if any of it was used. also at the end he end with "wake me up when September ends" and the accompanying riff which was the previous song.

That'll be because a load of fans were holding up signs that said "awesome as fuck" on them during the song :D. Someone on here had the idea after fans in Europe had held up signs that said "thank you", and people did it, and the band liked it so much they ended up naming their live album after it.

that is because its weird to say that masturbation loses its fun when youre lonely. Or maybe Billie liked group masturbation. And they did not wanna get banned for praising the dirty act of group masturbation so they changed it. Simple as that.

that is because its weird to say that masturbation loses its fun when youre lonely. Or maybe Billie liked group masturbation. And they did not wanna get banned for praising the dirty act of group masturbation so they changed it. Simple as that.

Group masturbation is fun though :(

1. He's making an exaggeratory statement, that at the point even masturbation isn't fun you're extremely lonely.

2. That isn't simple at all.

Group masturbation is fun though :(

3. Ew

4. Get off my lawn

That'll be because a load of fans were holding up signs that said "awesome as fuck" on them during the song :D. Someone on here had the idea after fans in Europe had held up signs that said "thank you", and people did it, and the band liked it so much they ended up naming their live album after it.

I never knew that. Y'know, I always thought it was an absolutely crap name for an album but that's actually pretty cool.

Anyone wanna figure out the alternate lyrics that are on Demolicious?

So many gems from When I Come Around. My personal favourite is "How now brown cow" :D, heard often in the last chorus during Dookie times:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=WPPeG6RiqvQ

Also, "So go do what you like, I'm having sex with Mike"

When it used to be "Fucking myself through the night" instead of "Take me away to paradise"? :lol: That was an interesting line. I think there's a version where he sang "I'm feeling like a cat in heat" as well.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I remember the first time I saw the Woodstock performance on TV back in '96, I went: "WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT DID HE SAY?"

Thank you so much. :)

Is that second one skipping in one place, in the middle of the first chorus?

And LOL, I always laugh when I see the 1992 Billie Joe dressed like 1990 John Frusciante. XD

Modern edit for the first verse of longview :P

I sit around and watch youtube

but nothings on

I watch cat video's for an hour or two

Go on tumblr just for a bit

I'm sick of all the same old shit

In a house with unlocked doors

and I'm fucking lazy

I like the lyrics changes in the demo of 21st century breakdown.

"From Mexico to the Berlin Wall"

Don't understand why they changed it too

"Videogames till the towers fall" its not any less offensive :P

I never knew that. Y'know, I always thought it was an absolutely crap name for an album but that's actually pretty cool.

Yeah I'd say Green Day naming their album after an idea that originated on GDC as a tribute to fans is pretty cool! There's actually a picture of the crowd holding up the signs during Good Riddance in the CD booklet as well.

I can't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure there was a line changed in Little Girl.

Archived