Not really a serious thread here, but often times, Billie will change lyrics to songs, either with intention, or just because he flubbed the lyrics. Sometimes, he's just having fun at a live performance. What are some of the lyric changes that Billie Joe has made?
Off the top of my head:
- Changes "I'm taking heed" to "I'm taking speed" in "She"
- Changes "she" to "he" in "Basket Case." Billie said he did this when they recorded Dookie intentionally.
- At the end of "When I Come Around", the recording on the "Stuck With Me" single, Billie goes crazy at the end. Some of it I heard as "so I'm a corporate whore" before going into gibberish.
- The end of "Give Me Novacaine" is usually changed to "...so give me [current city]"
- "21st Century Breakdown's" lyrics were given a full-on change.
- At the end of "American Eulogy," Mike's lyrics were originally "I'm not a daydreamer and I'm not disengaged."
- "Haukshinka" was originally "a big hat and floppy curls" instead of "a cheap hat and cigarettes"