Billie Joe playing with The Replacements

5) Billie Joe Armstrong is a sneaky son of a b*tch
No, but really, he is. The Green Day frontman joined The Replacements on stage Sunday night and at first, no one in the crowd knew he was there. Keeping things low-key, he blended flawlessly with the band and had everyone thinking he was just a lookalike. Which can only mean one thing: He agreed (offered?) to be a surprise guest solely because he loves the band and loves playing music. Mad props.

http://www.dose.ca/2014/08/04/top-5-lessons-we-learned-osheaga-2014

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it would be messy to have a new thread for every time he does this, I've lost track since this is all in one thread. What dates has he performed with the replacements so far?

10584729_587586698028550_627195426_n.jpg

makal1138

19 hours ago

Last but not least, the remains of #thereplacements set list at #osheaga2014 beaten and torn to shit but damn, #billiejoe used this for reference. Good enough for me!!

10542734_1509983225902686_1938793954_n.j

susanmossphotography

27 minutes ago

Billy Joe Armstrong with The Replacements The Replacements #osheaga @osheaga #evenko @evenko #thereplacements #mtlmoments #osheaga2014 #montreal

I really hope Billie plays with the Replacements at Bumbershoot on the 31st! That would be so amazing!

Does anyone have a full list of The Replacements' tour dates? All the ones I find through Google seem to be missing some.

Not that I can go to any of them, I just want to know when I can get excited about seeing them play together again :lol:

10513973_588275881281646_1576389184_n.jp

Does anyone have a full list of The Replacements' tour dates? All the ones I find through Google seem to be missing some.

Not that I can go to any of them, I just want to know when I can get excited about seeing them play together again :lol:

31 AUGUST 2014
Bumbershoot Festival
Seattle, WA
07 SEPTEMBER 2014
Boston Calling
Boston, MA
13 SEPTEMBER 2014
Midway Stadium
St. Paul, MN
19 SEPTEMBER 2014
Forest Hills Stadium
New York, NY
27 SEPTEMBER 2014
Summer Ends Music Festival
Tempe, AZ
05 OCTOBER 2014
Austin City Limits Festival
Austin, TX
12 OCTOBER 2014
Austin City Limits Festival
Austin, TX

10598608_1453545054906555_43444724_n.jpg

ohsoboheme

21 hours ago · Osheaga 2014

Can't believe I saw Billie Joe Armstrong performe w/ The Replacements at Osheaga #BillieJoeArmstrong #TheReplacements #osheaga #music #festival #mtl #montreal

The 10 biggest moments at Montreal's Osheaga festival

Billie Joe Armstrong likes to stay anonymous. Even by the end of performance by punk and alt-rock pioneers The Replacements, it seemed that most in the crowd were blissfully unaware that the black-clad guitarist hanging back near the drums was none other than Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong (and at no point did anyone onstage mention it was him). Confidant and cheerfully contemptuous (at one point singer Paul Westerberg asked drolly "So who's on next?"), they blasted through all the hits, taking their sweet time between songs and looking like they were genuinely enjoying themselves regardless of whatever anyone else thought. One for the ages.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2014-08/08/osheaga-music-arts-festival-canada-review-best-acts

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what bars/places Billie Joe goes to when he's in New York? I know he may not hang around a lot this time (hoping he's there with The Replacements), but just in case :P I'd apreciate a reply or a PM from anybody here :)

Does anyone know what bars/places Billie Joe goes to when he's in New York? I know he may not hang around a lot this time (hoping he's there with The Replacements), but just in case :P I'd apreciate a reply or a PM from anybody here :)

why New York? the next show is in Seattle..

Maybe she lives in NY and not close to Seattle?

I'm going to see The Replacements tomorrow at Bumbershoot!:D I'm super excited! I highly doubt Billie will make an appearance there, but just the smallest chance that he might is kind of exciting. I'll take pictures either way and post them in my art thread here later when I get back.:)

I'm going to the show in NY on the 19th. Just planning things in advance haha.

Posted on Green Day Live on Tour's Facebook:

fyi, The Replacements are sound-checking right now and no sign of Billie Joe there at Bumbershoot. I will keep an eye out just in case. *photo via ghent_er ~ #soundcheck #bumbershoot #mostlyworksomeplay Aug 31 2014 #thereplacements

(And then there's a photo I don't know how to post).

This would kill me :cry:

Posted on Green Day Live on Tour's Facebook:

fyi, The Replacements are sound-checking right now and no sign of Billie Joe there at Bumbershoot. I will keep an eye out just in case. *photo via ghent_er ~ #soundcheck #bumbershoot #mostlyworksomeplay Aug 31 2014 #thereplacements

(And then there's a photo I don't know how to post).

This would kill me :cry:

Are you going out to New York specifically for The Replacements ~~and to hope Billie is there~~??

I was going to do that but then I talked myself out of it, but The Replacements are my second favourite band and it would be perfect.

Are you going out to New York specifically for The Replacements ~~and to hope Billie is there~~??

I was going to do that but then I talked myself out of it, but The Replacements are my second favourite band and it would be perfect.

He's not there :cry: :cry: :cry: I don't know how to post photos from instagram, but if you enter #thereplacements you can see photos and a short video of taking a ride, and he's not there.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, I thought it was a big opportunity. Also I've never been to the US and it wasn't too expensive to g to NY (though hotels are crazy expensive!!!). I'm very sorry you couldn't go too, but well, most certainly no Billie Joe, so you can have some peace of mind :lol: I'm very disappointed to be honest. I knew there was a big chance he wasn't going to be there, but he made me so excited with those #iminthereplacements instgram hashtags and the photos and the fact he wasn't a speial guest but just another musician in the band like th other guitar player and the drummer (they didn't even introduce him when they last played)... But oh well, I'm still seeing one of my favourite bands and NYC. It's like a pizza with no cheese :lol:

Archived