demolicious vs the trilogy

peppermint butler

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duh?

Believe it or not, there are actually people who would say that candidly and free of irony. As if Green Day owes them something personally.

Does anyone else think sex drugs and violence works better with a clean guitar tone?

The demo sessions cause they have more energy than the Trilogy .

And they record them with the OldSchooll way... :D

I haven't listened to the whole thing properly yet, only random songs on YouTube. Though i do think that the demo version of Missing You is better than the trilogy version.The other songs so far I think I'd probably just rather the trilogy.

My vote goes to Demolicious. It has the most of my favorite songs from the trilogy, except Dirty Rotten Bastards, but after all it's better working concept. I'd replace Makeout Party and Ashley with Dirty Rotten Bastards and Brutal Love or X-Kid and it would be perfect collection from the Uno, Dos and Tré.

If they had just released Demolicious instead of the whole trilogy it would have been a whole lot better. They chose the right songs and they're better in their raw form. The rest of the trilogy was completely useless

too early for me.

For me, it are really demo's. i like the rough sound of it, but it's personal i think.

Not stuff for on the radio, or something like that.

State of Shock, and oh love, Let yourself go. Are sounding reallty bad. i think. like the demo tape of dookie.

But these songs, are replacing the original ones, in my opinion:

. 99 Revolutions

. Angel blue

. Carpe diem (which on one sounds realllly bad!)

. Stay the night.

. Nuclear Family.

. Baby eyes (really like the intro, bad ass!)

. Missing you (no autotune shit. sounds roughly like at Rock am Ring)

The idea, they just play and record it. that's what i really like about it.

Also i think 21st century breakdown, has more sound details than the whole trilogy.

OK finally finished giving it a proper listen. Solid demo album overall. Only one track comes to mind that was worse than the one on the trilogy. That is Oh Love. Starts to pick up towards the bridge but then it seems like Billie didn't have lyrics to it yet. It sounds like he says the same thing over and over again. Tracks that were much better than on the trilogy: Let Yourself Go, Angel Blue, Carpe Diem (though expected too much at first, first thought it was way too slow, but much more punch and better drumming puts it over the top), Makeout Party, Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, LBNT, Sex Drugs and Violence, Fell for You, Ashley, Baby Eyes, and Missing you. And ones just about the same in quality were 99 Revolutions, Stray Heart, and Rusty James. State of Shock is solid but seems a little short. Needs a few more, "I'm goin into a state of shock" 's and a longer more audible solo, but definitely a welcome addition to the green day catalog. Stay the Night acoustic is intimate like a live version which is nice but vocals are a little odd, but definitely a fitting end to a demo album. Overall 8.0/10

I really like Demolicious, but nothing can beat my love for the trilogy (except American Idiot, maybe lol) :P

too early for me.

For me, it are really demo's. i like the rough sound of it, but it's personal i think.

Not stuff for on the radio, or something like that.

State of Shock, and oh love, Let yourself go. Are sounding reallty bad. i think. like the demo tape of dookie.

But these songs, are replacing the original ones, in my opinion:

. 99 Revolutions

. Angel blue

. Carpe diem (which on one sounds realllly bad!)

. Stay the night.

. Nuclear Family.

. Baby eyes (really like the intro, bad ass!)

. Missing you (no autotune shit. sounds roughly like at Rock am Ring)

The idea, they just play and record it. that's what i really like about it.

Also i think 21st century breakdown, has more sound details than the whole trilogy.

There's no auto tune on any version of Missing You...

You're joking, right? This is a joke.

[sARCASM=AnxiousShrink]Nope. Totally serial.[/sARCASM]

Now now maybe he's never have heard another cd except for Dos in his life...

nah I listen to lots of CDs I just really like Dos but only if it had that demolicious mix...or lack of mix I should say

nah I listen to lots of CDs I just really like Dos but only if it had that demolicious mix...or lack of mix I should say

Oh I know I was just messin with ya

21st Century Breakdown > Demolicious

*runs and hides under the bed while awaiting the impending shitstorm about to hit*

Duh. 21st Century Breakdown is amazing.

Also, can we just take a minute to appreciate the demo version of Baby Eyes? Seriously. I don't understand why they changed a thing.

For me Demolicious is all of my fave songs from the trilogy (apart from a few from DOS which are more FBHT hence why I'm not including them.) and the faster/harder sound is one that I prefer, so for me its an obvious win for demolicious.

As Mike said a couple of months ago in a instagram hashtag. Its like they recorded the trilogy in the early 90's. :D

This meme hurts so puch, look at this innocent little penguin :cry:

I'm that innocent penguin whenever I compliment the Trilogy :P

demolicious. These songs aren't that bad after all... I always thought Trilogy would be bad no matter what production it would have but the demos sound good. It´s a pity they ruined them on the actual album. Trilogy could have been great.

Where's the 21st Century love?

Nobody going hard and just saying '39 smooth or nothing?!

For me at this point it's Tre > Demolicious > Uno >>>>>>> Dos.

I love Demolicious so far but I'm waiting for the novelty to wear off. I don't know if I'm enjoying it so much because it's great or simply because it's full of better versions of poor songs. I'm loving the 99 Revs on Demolicious though, it blows the Tre version out of the water. I kind of wish all of Dos had been released as demos because I'm intrigued to know if it might be more listenable.

I don't understand the question. It's Demolicious VS the Trilogy, but then it has the Trilogy listed apart from the three albums? This poll makes no sense. It should either be Demolicious VS each album, or Demolicious VS Trilogy.

I go with Trilogy.

I don't understand the question. It's Demolicious VS the Trilogy, but then it has the Trilogy listed apart from the three albums? This poll makes no sense. It should either be Demolicious VS each album, or Demolicious VS Trilogy.

I go with Trilogy.

And another thing....What if I like the Trilogy better than Demolicious, but Tre is my favorite of the three? What the crap do I vote for, Trilogy or Tre? This poll really makes me angry. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

It's like saying "who is your favorite president?" and the choices are:

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

Abe Lincoln

Barack and Abe Lincoln

Sort of.

Archived