demolicious vs the trilogy

peppermint butler

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering Demolicious is a mix of Trilogy songs, I'll go with The Trilogy, as a whole, over the individual albums.

Considering we got 37 songs which, contrary to popular belief, actually are good, the Trilogy gets my vote !

None ? :D

Seriously though, Demolicious. As I don't really like the trilogy, I think one album instead of three could be good enough and that's all.

I'd like to have DRB on it though...

The only thing I truly like about Demolicious is the track list, which consists of many of my favorite songs from the Trilogy.

It is nice to see how the original version of some of these songs would have been and could have been, but I think that overall, they made the right decisions with taking some of the extra riffs out of songs, adding some new elements to the structure of the songs, tweaking some sound settings and vocal ranges, and more.

Even though it is a demo, it just sort of felt sloppy to me. Not to mention, that acoustic version of Stay The Night. Yuck.

I've only just realized now being that there all next to one another, the titles for the albums are the worst thing about them! Uno Dos Tre is a great idea on paper but really no! And Demolicious..... what the fuck were they thinking. Surly someone involved in it should have stood up and said something!

But yeah the Trilogy wins by a million miles here! Demolicious is nice as a little something extra, but if GD had released that as the album, im certain people would have bitched more than they did with the Trilogy its self! I also really like the Trilogy!

The Trilogy because some of my favourite songs from it weren't on Demolicious. And I am one of those people who has liked the trilogy from the start anyway... Also the songs don't sound that different.

Demolicious. Its production is much better. There are some songs that I miss in Demolicious, like SWTRLF or Kill the DJ, but the songs that are actually in sound so much better!

I haven't heard all of Demolicious, but what I have heard I like!! =)

The Trilogy wins out in my opinion purely because Demolicious doesn't have a handful of songs that I would love to hear raw takes of. Also, not every demo on Demolicious is better than its studio counterpart (Oh Love, Makeout Party, Little Boy Named Train, Stay The Night, and Let Yourself Go come to mind).

Oh my god, do we need ANOTHER thread bashing the trilogy?

Omg you're right they're a bit numerous :P...

but we love you guys

even if the trilogy is shit

Kidding, I don't hate it at this point...

it's not bashing, it's sharing of opinions. I voted for Dos because thats what I liked best. I like Demolicious because of the sounds, but it's not Dos.

In 5 years, I'll be interested in revisiting this poll and have everyone re-vote. I'm assuming Demolicious is winning because it's new.

not for me. i mean, not because it's new. Just because the songs are not done fully, you can here imperfections and their voices at the end. That's why I like it.

Well, Demolicious has minimal shit from Dos so I guess that works in its favor.

I listened to Rusty James and Carpe Diem and sometimes less produced shit sounds cool but Billie is singing like he is bored as hell, his vocals are so flat.

As said above, having a poll directly after one album is just released is going to effect the result massively. Demolicious is great, it's brilliant to hear other versions of the trilogy and yes 1 or 2 of the demos are better than the originals but as a complete album id pick any of the trilogy album above this Demolicious. Demolicious is just a little bonus for us.

The Trilogy wins out in my opinion purely because Demolicious doesn't have a handful of songs that I would love to hear raw takes of. Also, not every demo on Demolicious is better than its studio counterpart (Oh Love, Makeout Party, Little Boy Named Train, Stay The Night, and Let Yourself Go come to mind).

If everything on Demolicious was better than its trilogy counterpart, someone at Warner would need to be fired.

No, but oh baby do we want one.

Archived