Letterbomb: 2013 Recap Zine now available for pre-order

Fuzz

The last few months we've been working on a zine to recap all the news and and events that happened with Green Day and our community of fans in 2013. We're very excited to finally share what we've been working on with all of you. The end result is a 57 page zine titled 'Letterbomb' which will have a limited run of prints made and is available for pre-order today for $5. A nice physical memento to read through and look back on.

041414_letterbomb.jpg

The zine features a month by month recap of the news alongside stories and memories shared by other fans. We have editorials for some of Green Day's largest shows in 2013 including Reading Festival, Emirates Stadium and the dysfunctionally entertaining show at Dreamforce when a rainstorm caused Green Day to lose much of their mics and amps mid-show.

The zine is mostly black and white, but there are several color pages in the center featuring some really great artwork sent in by Green Day fans around the world.

Here's a preview of the news recap and some artwork.

041414_news-preview-th.jpg 041414_artworkpreview-th.jpg xfpajRF.jpg

We're doing a limited run of this zine based on pre-orders. Meaning if you want a copy you should pre-order, we won't have too many extras afterward. This item will begin shipping by the end of April.

Pre-order yours today.

In this issue:

Month by month news recap written by Joey

"What's coming in 2014"

Green Day Community Stats

@GDCNN

Tour Memories

-- "Partying with the Crew" by Agni

-- "My Green Day Birthday" by Eileen Pretzel (Pretzone)

-- "Rocking A Leather Thong" by Sarah

-- "The Ultimate Healing Power" by Jeni

Fan Artwork (inthehallwaynow, mies, JDookie,Natasha)

Green Day Comix by Arielle Phillips

Green Day Memories

-- "A Turning Point" (by Tom a.k.a Not Anyone.)

-- "Then There Were Three" by AlissaGoesRAWR

-- "It Has Begun" by James

-- "Green Day Radio Show" by Andy Jardy

Show Recaps

-- "Wet Punk Dream At Dream Force" by J'net

-- ""When Green Day Rules Emirates" by Bryony

Spazzy (Florence, etty, various artists)

Words I Might Have Ate

-- Crossword

-- Wordsearch

PRE-ORDER NOW

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the trial after Billie sues us for using his face on the cover of something will be entertaining. pre ordered

the trial after Billie sues us for using his face on the cover of something will be entertaining. pre ordered

The BJA took my baby away

This looks awesome, def going to pre order :happy: did you design it by hand like old zines or digitally? love the style.

What exactly does it mean by "Green Day Community Stats"?

We have a page summarzing stats here for 2013 (stuff like "total posts this year", "new members" "most rep", etc.)

This looks awesome, def going to pre order :happy: did you design it by hand like old zines or digitally? love the style.

Digitally (designed by BeachBum), but we wanted something that felt like a traditional zine. I'm actually really really happy with the design of it. It looks so damn cool.

I hope to god we sell enough to cover our legal expenses.

Well that's a nice thing for the fanies, bless 'em. What software did you guys use?

Oh I forgot. Andres, please contact my agent to discuss commission. We have a number of options and payment plans with "low" interest rates are available. Thanks.

Oh I forgot. Andres, please contact my agent to discuss commission. We have a number of options and payment plans with "low" interest rates are available. Thanks.

Our legal team has contacted them. I believe right now we're at a standoff. We're arguing that your use of our name without proper licensing is payment enough.

Well that's a nice thing for the fanies, bless 'em. What software did you guys use?

most of the time when you're designing something like this you use InDesign, and maybe make layout styles in Illustrator.

most of the time when you're designing something like this you use InDesign, and maybe make layout styles in Illustrator.

Yeah I know, I teach InDesign at my college. I was just curious whether it had been that or something else. There are some solid layouts, by the looks of things. :)

Yeah I know, I teach InDesign at my college. I was just curious whether it had been that or something else. There are some solid layouts, by the looks of things. :)

Bum knows what shes doing in that department, and both programs are really easy to work with, especially Illustrator. I've made pamphlets for companies and gotten paid based on no education in the software whatsoever.

Bum knows what shes doing in that department, and both programs are really easy to work with, especially Illustrator. I've made pamphlets for companies and gotten paid based on no education in the software whatsoever.

That's what I like about Adobe software. Easy to use. You can make good looking stuff without too much effort. I know a guy who gets £22k a year just to layout a monthly magazine with 120 pages. Ridiculous job. :P

Archived