CALIFORNIA Green Day Side Project playing 4/10 Oakland

hawkvalentine

Why are you so obsessed with Kiffemeyer? Tré was always a far superior drummer. John had very little going for him except for a few fills, which Tré probably taught him.

Why do you think Tre taught John anything? Tre was drummer after John, and John was in the band Isocracy too, which has close ties to other sweet Eat Bay bands Crimpshrine, Fifteen, Operation Ivy, and a bunch of other great bands. Why do you have to talk him down like he's shit? You know as much about John as I know about your "almighty Biffy". I don't make a big deal out of you liking him, so don't go prying into my concerns man.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you think Tre taught John anything? Tre was drummer after John, and John was in the band Isocracy too, which has close ties to other sweet Eat Bay bands Crimpshrine, Fifteen, Operation Ivy, and a bunch of other great bands. Why do you have to talk him down like he's shit? You know as much about John as I know about your "almighty Biffy". I don't make a big deal out of you liking him, so don't go prying into my concerns man.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tré teach John for a while before eventually joining Green Day? I know he was in Isocracy, their stuff is nothing special either. It just strikes me as a very odd obsession is all.

Pretty cringeworthy that it's inaccurately getting called a Green Day side project just to get people's attention/pull the punters in.

miami-punter-flop.gif

^This^ is a punter (Oscar-worthy performance there, btw). What are you Brits referring to?

miami-punter-flop.gif

^This^ is a punter (Oscar-worthy performance there, btw). What are you Brits referring to?

When people attend horse/dog races or whatever they would often put a bet on, which was also referred to as a punt. As time went on the term punter became a common term for anyone who attended a race, and then it simply expanded to any and all sporting events.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tré teach John for a while before eventually joining Green Day? I know he was in Isocracy, their stuff is nothing special either. It just strikes me as a very odd obsession is all.

Tre was in the Lookouts since 1986 or so, and Isocracy started in 86, it'd be weird to have a 14 year old teach a 17 year old how to play drums :lol: I don't think I've heard that one, but logic tells me no. And I like my obsession, it separartes me from the thousands obsessed with Billie, Mike, or Tre.

When people attend horse/dog races or whatever they would often put a bet on, which was also referred to as a punt. As time went on the term punter became a common term for anyone who attended a race, and then it simply expanded to any and all sporting events.

I don't know about in Ireland but in Britain it's expanded further than that to just mean "customer" as well, in this case people buying tickets to a show.

i wish i could go though so i can hang with Jason.

You mean touch him inappropriately, right? /joking/

You mean touch him inappropriately, right? /joking/

lol... i don't think Janna would allow that :lol:

lol... i don't think Janna would allow that :lol:

You're right, she might feel left out. Touch both of them! :ga:

Jesse Townley
"California , standing in for The Criminals, with DJ Stand-In & everyone else, right now!" — at The Night Light.
April 10, 2014

1510664_10152226790283961_47390722163197

This is not a Green Day side project. It's a Jason White side project, just like The Frustrators is a Mike Dirnt side project and PHGP is a Billie Joe Armstrong side project.

/rant

Unsure if angry or trolling, but not merit to act as much. OP just got something a little bit wrong...

Sounds far too exciting for Jason. He'd probably need to go have cold shower and a lie down.

Poor lamb... no touchy.

Jesse Townley

"California , standing in for The Criminals, with DJ Stand-In & everyone else, right now!" — at The Night Light.

April 10, 2014

1510664_10152226790283961_47390722163197

*cries* look how cool Jason looks :')

*cries* look how cool Jason looks :')

The missing Winchester. The cousin they don't talk about because he became a musician instead of a hunter.

Pretty cringeworthy that it's inaccurately getting called a Green Day side project just to get people's attention/pull the punters in.

Not angry or trolling, just offering a well-merited correction after seeing this billed as a Green Day side project several times here and on other social media forums!

That's why they were sly bastards and tried to pass off the band as a mere Chino Horde/The Moons collaboration. ;)

20140318f.png

That's why they were sly bastards and tried to pass off the band as a mere Chino Horde/The Moons collaboration. ;)

That's more like it!

weird as this is no GD side project

"Project featuring a member of Green Day which he does in his spare time while not in that band"

better?

Not sure why people are complaining about this, it should be about the music. :S

"Project featuring a member of Green Day which he does in his spare time while not in that band"

better?

Not sure why people are complaining about this, it should be about the music. :S

Because if it was just about the music venues/articles etc wouldn't call it a Green Day side project when it clearly has nothing to do with Green Day, isn't an accurate or natural way to describe this band, and is only done to get people's attention and try to sell tickets. If it was any other member of Green Day they'd just say their name or at least, "Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day's new project", the only reason to call it a Green Day side project and then quietly mention Jason White later instead of just calling it Jason White's new project is to deceive. The band themselves aren't tackily using Green Day's name so to see others doing it is lame.

better?

mostly because its misleading. I thought at first Green Day was doing another side project like FHT or The Network.

I personally think that, if 3/4 of Green Day or even 1/2 of GD was in it then it technically would be a Green Day side project. Since it is Jason's band, it should be mentioned as JW's band. It's almost like Jason and The Big Cats.

Archived