CALIFORNIA Green Day Side Project playing 4/10 Oakland

hawkvalentine

CALIFORNIA featuring Jason White of Green Day and Adam Pfahler of Jawbreaker are playng Thursday 4/10 at The Night Light (Green Day played a secret show there a few months ago) 9pm $7 21+ with Freddie and The Aztecs, Pre-Legendary and DJ Stand-In. The show is put on by promoter Handsome Hawk Valentine who used t book at 924 Gilman street and the other two bands feature members of dozens of seminal east bay punk bands including The Pattern, The Peechees, Nusiance and a host of Lookout Records bands. In fact Chrisopher Applegren, who is in F&TA was a co-owner of Lookout Records, former home of Green Day. More trivia: The Night Light is co-owned by another local musician, Dougie Kinsey, who was in many bands including Screw 32 and has been friends with GD for over 20 years! https://www.facebook.com/events/429333953864657

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fucking hate you JW.... im 20, can't go, b/c under 21. plus about 2500 miles away.

This is not a Green Day side project. It's a Jason White side project, just like The Frustrators is a Mike Dirnt side project and PHGP is a Billie Joe Armstrong side project.

/rant

You're so picky sometimes :P

Wait, isn't that Jason White's band?

Yes... that's why the OP says "California featuring Jason White.."

I just like things to be accurate okay!!!

You're talking to a guy who has a picture of Green Day with Jason White and John Kiffmeyer in his sig.

Yes... that's why the OP says "California featuring Jason White.."

94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

You're talking to a guy who has a picture of Green Day with Jason White and John Kiffmeyer in his sig.

AHHHHH I JUST NOTICED THAT :runaround:

When did that pic happen? And why is there no tre? John sure looks old though!

This is not a Green Day side project. It's a Jason White side project, just like The Frustrators is a Mike Dirnt side project and PHGP is a Billie Joe Armstrong side project.

/rant

This false advertising is pissing me off.

you seriously didn't realize this was photoshopped?

I'm kind of wondering where the original is. Not to be a fangirl or anything, but Billie looks hella fine.

Flo photoshopped it for me. It's a 2012 pic of Green Day, and a 2011 picture of John replaced onto Tre's body (I love Tre, don't get me wrong, but John is my fav :D )

Pretty cringeworthy that it's inaccurately getting called a Green Day side project just to get people's attention/pull the punters in.

you seriously didn't realize this was photoshopped?

No :lol: It's a pretty decent photoshop anyway. I'm pretty sure there was something recently where Billie said they'd met up with John and reminisced, so I wondered if it was from that. Though I did wonder why Tre wasn't there too!

/rant

Except Jason is also in Pinhead Gunpowder...

Except Jason is also in Pinhead Gunpowder...

Making it half of Green Day in PHGP, makin that a Green Day sideproject :P

It says Green Day played there a few months ago? Was that the Jason birthday thing?

Yeah. Tre didn't go because hopefully John's re-joining the band replacing him

No :lol: It's a pretty decent photoshop anyway. I'm pretty sure there was something recently where Billie said they'd met up with John and reminisced, so I wondered if it was from that. Though I did wonder why Tre wasn't there too!

Only Billie met up with John it seems, not sure if it was before or after the show, but if it was before then they should've played I Was There and invited him on stage and then i'd jizz everywhere

Yeah. Tre didn't go because hopefully John's re-joining the band replacing him

Why are you so obsessed with Kiffemeyer? Tré was always a far superior drummer. John had very little going for him except for a few fills, which Tré probably taught him.

For some reason, it would make me feel very warm and fuzzy inside to know that, after all these years, they still get on well enough to have a photo taken together. Except the photo is a lie :(

Archived