Broadway Idiot

Little Boy Named Booze

Rhyl?! they could have at least done Llandudno the useless bastards..

They were going to but Billie had a tantrum upon finding out he's not fucking Jason Derulo, motherfucker.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were going to but Billie had a tantrum upon finding out he's not fucking Jason Derulo, motherfucker.

they do have rather strict time schedules in Llandudno, maybe it's for the best. Rhyl is much more flexible.

Anyway, you can stay alert at my channel because I gonna upload a lot of green day movie that I have on my computer.

I can't put Broadway Idiot again, because my channel gonna be deleted if I do that lol

This musical lacked the dialogue and character development necessary to reach its potential, I think. Musicals aren't really my cup of tea, but this documentary is fascinating. It really does show you just how incredible of a writer Billie Joe Armstrong is. The people creating the musical really utilized the fantastic lyrics/melodies that those songs possess. I don't think I really would ever listen to any of the musical versions for fun, but some of the arrangements are ingenious. The part with Last Night On Earth comes to mind.

The one thing I think that can be drawn from this movie, whether you like the musical or not is that it certainly shows just how incredible of an album AI is. And how much it connected with the members of the show exemplifies that.

Haven't watched it yet but that's what I'll be watching it for too. Don't like musicals, but do like Billie :D, Billie's creative work, and the album. Glad to hear it's good.

Haven't watched it yet but that's what I'll be watching it for too. Don't like musicals, but do like Billie :D, Billie's creative work, and the album. Glad to hear it's good.

Have you had the opportunity to see the musical at all? I'm not one for musicals, either but this one is special and I feel like it would make your fangirl's heart happy :P

This doc made me wanna see the musical for real, omg, stupid location of mine :cry:

Have you had the opportunity to see the musical at all? I'm not one for musicals, either but this one is special and I feel like it would make your fangirl's heart happy :P

Haven't seen it in full but I've heard it in full and seen tons from it, enough to know I don't like it. Just isn't my thing. Still glad they did it though, good for them to be creative and all that.

Haven't seen it in full but I've heard it in full and seen tons from it, enough to know I don't like it. Just isn't my thing. Still glad they did it though, good for them to be creative and all that.

mmmm seeing it in the theatre is a whole different experience. It looks corny and stupid on videos and the album deprives you of the dialogue/acting/staging. It's really powerful seeing it performed as it's meant to be performed.

Of course, you may still hate it if you see it, but I'm just sitting here trying to wrap my head around the fact that you don't like something Green Day did :lol:

mmmm seeing it in the theatre is a whole different experience. It looks corny and stupid on videos and the album deprives you of the dialogue/acting/staging. It's really powerful seeing it performed as it's meant to be performed.

Of course, you may still hate it if you see it, but I'm just sitting here trying to wrap my head around the fact that you don't like something Green Day did :lol:

I'm sure you're right that it'd be better seeing it live, but it still doesn't appeal to me enough to want to see it. Don't worry though after 4 years or whatever it is I'm at peace with not liking it :lol:

I'm sure you're right that it'd be better seeing it live, but it still doesn't appeal to me enough to want to see it. Don't worry though after 4 years or whatever it is I'm at peace with not liking it :lol:

It may take me 4 years to adjust to the fact that I'm going to have to defend the musical without your help!

It may take me 4 years to adjust to the fact that I'm going to have to defend the musical without your help!

I dunno, I still think it's a totally good thing that they did it, my not happening to personally enjoy it is no reason for me not to defend it :D

There's no emoticon that could express the infinite sadness I feel for being too late to download it...

I swear I tried download it from other places but something always goes wrong and I thought youtube was my only hope from now on. There's something that won't let me watch, have, download or buy this ever, apparently. And it fucking breaks my heart. I fucking hate this.

Oh, and

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I enjoyed watching this! Still personally can't stand the musical style songs/singing but good on them all, very talented people. Really interesting to hear and see how the whole thing evolved and how fulfilling it was for Billie and the band, and all the cool little clips of them rehearsing and stuff. It was crazy watching the bit where the cast sang Last Night On Earth (right) in front of the band for the first time. Although for me the atmosphere was broken when Billie did a totally awkward fake mouthed "oh" two full lines into the song as if he only realized what song it was then when he clearly must have already known by that point :lol:. Cool to watch, would recommend even if you'e not really into the musical.

I enjoyed watching this! Still personally can't stand the musical style songs/singing but good on them all, very talented people. Really interesting to hear and see how the whole thing evolved and how fulfilling it was for Billie and the band, and all the cool little clips of them rehearsing and stuff. It was crazy watching the bit where the cast sang Last Night On Earth (right) in front of the band for the first time. Although for me the atmosphere was broken when Billie did a totally awkward fake mouthed "oh" two full lines into the song as if he only realized what song it was then when he clearly must have already known by that point :lol:. Cool to watch, would recommend even if you'e not really into the musical.

thats exactly what I thought - how did it take him so long to realize it was that song - he wrote the thing :lol:

thats exactly what I thought - how did it take him so long to realize it was that song - he wrote the thing :lol:

I think it was because of how they were going "you'll know it when you hear it", he was going "ohhhh so it's THIS song" for their benefit but waited too long to do it :lol:

I think it was because of how they were going "you'll know it when you hear it", he was going "ohhhh so it's THIS song" for their benefit but waited too long to do it :lol:

I felt for Billie in that situation. Like...what if he actually didn't like it. I would feel like a dick telling all those people who worked hard on it and are hoping to have a job with my music that I'm not on board.

I felt for Billie in that situation. Like...what if he actually didn't like it. I would feel like a dick telling all those people who worked hard on it and are hoping to have a job with my music that I'm not on board.

I agree, that's why it was so tense to watch! Luckily they all obviously genuinely loved it, but even with that it was still an awkward situation with them standing a few feet in front of them singing it, the band knowing that the director and actors must have desperately wanted them to like it (as evidenced by Billie's awkwardness haha). Really interesting scene.

Ooh I loved it, what a wonderful documentary! Still so sad I never got to see the musical, this just reinforced that, haha. Watched it with my parents (who are pretty into musicals) and they really liked it as well :happy:

My only criticism would be that there was fairly little new material.

My only criticism would be that there was fairly little new material.

Fairly little new material? Where did you see the footage before?

Fairly little new material? Where did you see the footage before?

Well BIAB is the obvious one, and the Grammy's, but for example parts of the combined recording of 21 Guns had been released before, some of the musical footage was already in promotional stuff (though it also had some new parts, that made me really happy) and I also seem to recall seeing some of the practising stuff (like with the scaffold/bus) before.

There was also plenty of new footage, I'm definitely not complaining, but enough old footage to make me think "hey, this is another bit of old video..." while watching, several times.

• 11 months later...

Archived