Broadway Idiot

Little Boy Named Booze

I saw the musical twice and loved it both times. Open your horizons dude

My horizons are firmly open. Musicals are still wank, along with 99% of country music and mainstream rap.

While musicals are not wank ( :mad:), the AI musical is cringe-inducingly awful. And the person saying this is someone whose two primary musical genres are rock and musical numbers, so my horizons are far from closed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My horizons are firmly open. Musicals are still wank, along with 99% of country music and mainstream rap.

Yeah, but you have to feel exactly the same as NimrodJimrod about everything or you're not a valid human, don't you know that?

A lot of old country music is good. The pop country on the radio is shit though.

While musicals are not wank ( :mad:), the AI musical is cringe-inducingly awful. And the person saying this is someone whose two primary musical genres are rock and musical numbers, so my horizons are far from closed.

Aside from the initial cringe of hearing other people sing my favorite band's songs, I really got into it and loved it. At first there was a bit of cringe, but I warmed up to it like getting in a cold pool.

Yeah, but you have to feel exactly the same as NimrodJimrod about everything or you're not a valid human, don't you know that?

I agree with you ;) Kinda ruins that statement, doesn't it?

Aside from the initial cringe of hearing other people sing my favorite band's songs, I really got into it and loved it. At first there was a bit of cringe, but I warmed up to it like getting in a cold pool.

Or maybe it's like the old analogy and you're the frog who didn't realize he was boiling until he was dead. :P

Untitled_zps07b17b8c.png

:)

I just watched that scene from South Park again and laughed so hard.

This is the end, Graham. We can no longer be friends.

Someone save me from Billie's horrible tan jfc

HELP I'M LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES IN AND I'M CRYING FUCK YOU GREEN DAY.

This musical lacked the dialogue and character development necessary to reach its potential, I think. Musicals aren't really my cup of tea, but this documentary is fascinating. It really does show you just how incredible of a writer Billie Joe Armstrong is. The people creating the musical really utilized the fantastic lyrics/melodies that those songs possess. I don't think I really would ever listen to any of the musical versions for fun, but some of the arrangements are ingenious. The part with Last Night On Earth comes to mind.

The one thing I think that can be drawn from this movie, whether you like the musical or not is that it certainly shows just how incredible of an album AI is. And how much it connected with the members of the show exemplifies that.

For those who didn't see Broadway Idiot yet, I put the movie on youtube in HD!

Quick, before the movie get the fuck out of youtube for copyright!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFQYuHwXlHw&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french canadian!!

Thank you so much! I live in Québec too and I could not buy it! :D I'll be able to listen to it when I'll have free time... I can't wait to have the real DVD!

By the way, I think that you English is fine, but I'm french canadian too, so maybe I'm not the better person to tell you that!

I literally wept my way through that. It made me love the musical even more than I already did (didn't think that was possible :P ) Dunno why I waited so long but that's got to be one of my favorite things ever. EVER. :wub:

It was so interesting to watch it and connect Billie's theatrical antics onstage at a Green Day show to the antics of the cast onstage performing the musical and just UGH there were so many things I loved about it and thank you OP for finally getting me to watch it.

Thankyou so much for this!,

So pleased I've finally been able to see it. Wish there had been a bit more about Billie's rehearsals/ time in the show, but apart from that I loved it, very interesting. And the bit with him singing as a kid, so sweet!

Loved Billie talking during the credits about all the times he got told off! :wub:

This was much appreciated. I never really gave the doc a second thought, but I've always been meaning to watch it. I thought it was very well done, and I finally understand that specific line from Wake me up

I think the video has been deleted. Fuck!

I liked seeing Billie nervous during the rehearsals for the St Jimmy performance. I didn't think it could be that stressful for someone who's on stage for years.

Also yes, the video has been removed....

I have a link to download tho, feel free to pm ;)

i saw this at both of the BFI screenings, sadly the first time i was too drunk to remember it, the second time i was too hungover to pay attention :lol: i'm still 'patiently' awaiting a worldwide release, though. the wankers.

i saw this at both of the BFI screenings, sadly the first time i was too drunk to remember it, the second time i was too hungover to pay attention :lol: i'm still 'patiently' awaiting a worldwide release, though. the wankers.

Don't worry, it's set to be released exclusively in Rhyl on smoke signal via Instagram for the 27th anniversary of Kerplunk.

Don't worry, it's set to be released exclusively in Rhyl on smoke signal via Instagram for the 27th anniversary of Kerplunk.

Rhyl?! they could have at least done Llandudno the useless bastards..

Archived