Boulevard of Happy Dreams - Green Day vs Pharrell Williams mashup

DJ Poulpi

Hey Green Day fans,

I'm a mashup producer from Belgium.

I've just made a mashup using the instrumental of Green Day - "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and the acapella of "Happy" by Pharrell. I hope you don't mind me messing with your favorite band !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0oeY94iv4

https://soundcloud.com/dj-poulpi/boulevard-of-happy-dreams

EDIT April 5 : New version !

I think it's great, but I would have cut the chorus out of the solo, then brought it back after. Otherwise, it's a very good job :D

I love Green Day mashups, but I can't stand Happy. I'd love to hear any other song mashed up with Green Day though :D

This is pretty terrible imo, you don't add Green Day with Pharrell Williams, he is the same damn man who sang in Thrift Shop ffs.

Love this! Love both songs and it's really cool to have the contrast of such a serious/sad song with such a cheerful song :happy:

I love Green Day mashups, but I can't stand Happy. I'd love to hear any other song mashed up with Green Day though :D

You have no soul!

This is pretty terrible imo, you don't add Green Day with Pharrell Williams, he is the same damn man who sang in Thrift Shop ffs.

No he isn't. He is a multi-talented producer, writer, singer and musician, and among his many projects frontman of a guitar based rock/funk/hip hop band though.

Just for once couldn't we have a thread involving a hip hop/RnB artist on GDC that isn't filled with ignorance? :(

i wasn't expecting this! they actually fit really well together good job.

Er, no he's not. Thrift Shop was Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz. That steaming pile of crap had nothing to do with Pharrell, who is fantastic and incredibly talented. Either way, if that's your only reason for disliking it then calling it "pretty terrible" is ignorant and disrespectful to the thread starter.

Anyway. I don't like Happy, but this is pretty damn good!

Er, no he's not. Thrift Shop was Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz. That steaming pile of crap had nothing to do with Pharrell, who is fantastic and incredibly talented. Either way, if that's your only reason for disliking it then calling it "pretty terrible" is ignorant and disrespectful to the thread starter.

Anyway. I don't like Happy, but this is pretty damn good!

I never criticized this guys skills, he seems pretty talented, I just said they didn't mix well together imo.

I never criticized this guys skills, he seems pretty talented, I just said they didn't mix well together imo.

He isn't on the song you mentioned though :P. And fair enough if you just don't think these songs mix well, but Pharrell has a history of experimenting with rock music, collaborating with rock bands, and being in a rock band, and just generally being involved with lots of different music genres, so I don't think he's out of place with Green Day.

I think it's great, but I would have cut the chorus out of the solo, then brought it back after. Otherwise, it's a very good job :D

Thanks ! :) I like your idea of cutting the vocals during the solo. I may do a second version of the mashup, I will keep this in mind.

Oh god no, why would you do this?

Also, "Happy" is fantastic and anyone who doesn't agree is probably lacking a soul.

I can't stand that diglett-wearing mong.

Happy and BOBD are some of my favourite songs, and they sound wicked together! Great job :D

Just for once couldn't we have a thread involving a hip hop/RnB artist on GDC that isn't filled with ignorance? :(

Probably not :P

Also, listening to this made me wonder if anyone's ever done a mash-up of "Radioactive" and BOBD?

Radioactive by who? (I don't know of any mash-ups of BOBD with a song called Radioactive but just wondering)

Radioactive by who? (I don't know of any mash-ups of BOBD with a song called Radioactive but just wondering)

Imagine Dragons (I think)

By Imagine Dragons.... I should have clarified, but the song has been so big for so long that I figured everyone would just know what I was on about :lol:

I still can't believe Pharrell is 40? He looks about 12.

By Imagine Dragons.... I should have clarified, but the song has been so big for so long that I figured everyone would just know what I was on about :lol:

Ahh I actually didn't know that song (and judging by the number of views on the youtube video of it I just watched I'm the only person on the planet who didn't :lol:). I was thinking of a Rita Ora song called Radioactive that I always have stuck in my head.

I still can't believe Pharrell is 40? He looks about 12.

He doesn't age:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbIxClRIUAAkc-Q.jpg:large

There are a lot of live mashups of BOBD and Radioactive, but it's mainly just people playing the music to BOBD and singing Radioactive over it. No studio versions using the original songs as far as I can tell. It's amazing how well they fit together though.

Also, listening to this made me wonder if anyone's ever done a mash-up of "Radioactive" and BOBD?

I'm not sure. I kind of really want to hear that.

Archived