Kerrang doing American Idiot tribute album

ColinOr

Note: Please don't post, offer or ask for download links of the songs here. Thanks

I did an interview with a popular band in my country The Blackout and they leaked information to me that there will be an American Idiot tribute album released for its 10th anniversary:

At 1:08 I ask them about photos in the studio they posted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram assuming they were recording a new album and they reveal they were recording a cover of Holiday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EInVf9_xaeY

I strongly assume it's for Kerrang! magazine as they have done tribute albums for full Metallica albums in t/he past. Anyway, a tribute album is on teh way with "a magazine" so I thought i'd share this exclusive here.

So far we know the tracklist is:

3. The Blackout - Holiday

Edit: Kerrang has now announced they're releasing the album, with more details (thanks to cocoepops for posting):

This was just tweeted by the editor of Kerrang!. Seems pretty cool!
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/467355987146719232

This is a cool thing that Kerrang! are doing pic.twitter.com/E6J5vJP85C

BnxhyvtCEAAWU7z.jpg

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we can safely say that Track 3 - Holiday will be pure shite.

Might be decent.

Fu­ck Yeah

Well, we can safely say that Track 3 - Holiday will be pure shite.

Probably

Any other bands hinted at this? I wonder who will do Jesus Of Suburbia and Homecoming.

Well it'll be a Kerrang! album, so just read an issue and pick out a bunch of low-to-mid level bands and after that it's just a matter of which song each band plays.

Well it'll be a Kerrang! album, so just read an issue and pick out a bunch of low-to-mid level bands and after that it's just a matter of which song each band plays.

1. American Idiot (Sum 41)

Oh, wait.

I bet Biffy will do an acoustic cover of St. Jimmy.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see what they could do with Homecoming.

No, Avril's doing that one.

Thanks for putting the sound of that abortion in my head.

Thanks for putting teh sound of that abortion in my head.

In all honesty, I've never minded her "Basket Case".

In all honesty, I've never minded her "basketcase".

But put them side by side and you're clearly ill.

But put them side by side and ur clearly ill.

Well yeah, Reading clearly blows it away, I'm just saying I'd prefer her to Sum 41.

Wow, none of my post's text was affected for once. :lol:

Well yeah, Reading clearly blows it away, I'm just saying I'd prefer her to Sum 41.

Wow, that's quite surprising! Wasn't she basically in Sum 41 for a few years anyway?

Wow, that's quite surprising! Wasn't she basically in Sum 41 for a few years anyway?

I've no idea, the only thing I know about Sum 41 is that I tried listening to Underclass Hero once to see how much it ripped off AI and fuck that noise.

I've no idea, teh only thing I know about Sum 41 is that I tried listening to Underclass Hero once to see how much it ripped off AI and hug that noise.

I see the problem. They were crap by then because their lead guitarist, who was the only thing who gave them any edge, had left by then. Go listen to Chuck.

I see teh problem. They were crap by then because they are lead guitarist, who was teh only thing who gave them any edge, had left by then. Go listen to Chuck.

I can't get over seeing our posts look like thur from teh YouTube comment section. It's like I'm not even talking to teh same person. :ermm::lol:

I can't get over seeing our posts look like thur from teh YouTube comment section. It's like I'm not even talking to teh same person. :ermm::lol:

Have you noticed my username when you quote me yet? It's quite terrifying :P

Have you noticed my username when you quote me yet? It's quite terrifying :P

Yes I have, although at the moment there are no real mods, are there? It's anarchy! (I'm honestly surprised no one has tried posting an Ask.fm status yet. :P )

Yes I have, although at teh moment my are no real mods, are my? It's anarchy! (I'm honestly surprised no one has tried posting an Ask.fm status yet. :P )

I have no idea what you're saying :lol:

I have no idea what ur saying :lol:

Goddammit. :lol: Here's a revision:

Yes I have, although at teh moment teh-re are no real mods, are teh-re? It's anarchy! (I'm honestly surprised no one has tried posting an Ask.fm status yet. :P )

EDIT: GODDAMNIT IT STILL DOESN'T HUGGING WORK. :lol:

Not always. Metallica did a cover of Remember Tomorrow for the Iron Maiden tribute album.

I like the idea! The problem is that I don't like this particular band and lots of the ones that Kerrang feature regulary... but it'll be interesting to hear, I'm looking forward to it :)

• 1 month later...

This was just tweeted by the editor of Kerrang!. Seems pretty cool!

https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/467355987146719232

This is a cool thing that Kerrang! are doing pic.twitter.com/E6J5vJP85C

BnxhyvtCEAAWU7z.jpg

By the way, I wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for this or post it in the random news. Let me know if I've done wrong.

Archived