Kerrang doing American Idiot tribute album

ColinOr

I have never even heard of 5 Seconds of Summer. After looking them up its little wonder since their only claim to fame is One Direction. It also seems as though they are more popular outside Australia, even though they are from here. Not really interested in them in the slightest and it makes no sense why they are there. Not really interested in falling in reverse either, I think they will do American Idiot or St Jimmy though the two songs are the only ones on American Idiot that would suit them, unless they do one of the Dookie covers.

I am interested to see what You Me At Six do though. I have been a fan of them since I got to see them live. I believe they will be the highlight. I think they will be doing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, I can't think of a worse way for Kerrang! to celebrate American Idiot's 10th anniversary. Why did they have to pick such terrible bands?

Falling in Reverse? Excuse me while I vomit.

God, I can't think of a worse way for Kerrang! to celebrate American Idiot's 10th anniversary. Why did they have to pick such terrible bands?

exactly.

And don't even get me started on Radke. What a piece of shit.

Look at my post on the previous page about what he posted on my Instagram lol

I am interested to see what You Me At Six do though. I have been a fan of them since I got to see them live. I believe they will be the highlight. I think they will be doing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I'm interested in YM@S as well. I think that if they pick the right song their cover will easily be the best on the album.

Look at my post on the previous page about what he posted on my Instagram lol

Ha! I'm not surprised he said that to you. He's so pathetic.

Nice idea, shame about the bands. Fucking Falling In Reverse :sick:. Might be entertaining in that it's so bad it's funny though!

By the way, I wasn't sure if I should start a new topic for this or post it in the random news. Let me know if I've done wrong.

Definitely not wrong, it's better to have separate topics for new and interesting pieces of news than to have everything crammed in Random News so always feel free to make one :). Only reason to put something in there is if it's a really small/insignificant thing that you don't think would get any discussion.

the best way to celebrate the 10th birthday of AI is a at least short green day tour :)

but the tribute album could maybe sound good, too.

My Reaction:

I'll review it soon, so subscribe if you want to see me tear it apart when it comes out. ;)

I also reviewed all the studio albums a few months back if anyone is interested.

i love how they call it the "ultimate tribute"

lol @ the comparison. :lol:

ultimate tribute and FIR and 5sos shouldnt be in the same sentence.

Fuck, can't believe 5 Seconds of Summer are covering Green Day. They are literally the epitome of shitty, corporate boy bands. There are these two girls in my class who are obsessed with these guys, and it literally drives me crazy when they talk about them. And they claim that they are not a "boy band" because they play instruments. Pretty sad.

I looked them up, and it looks like they covered Boulevard of Broken Dreams at the Fillmore in San Francisco a couple days ago:

Complete shit.

Can't wait to hear Falling In Reverse cover Green Day!

Said nobody ever - Lil B

Mmmhh... okay. Thank you Kerrang! for doing something we already know about :P

Nobody should touch American Idiot. It's perfect the way it is. q9PHu2o.gif

Fuck, can't believe 5 Seconds of Summer are covering Green Day. They are literally the epitome of shitty, corporate boy bands. There are these two girls in my class who are obsessed with these guys, and it literally drives me crazy when they talk about them. And they claim that they are not a "boy band" because they play instruments. Pretty sad.

I looked them up, and it looks like they covered Boulevard of Broken Dreams at the Fillmore in San Francisco a couple days ago:

Complete shit.

ew.

Thought YM@6 were an exciting band when they first hit the scene and one of my favourite bands but past their early stuff and first album they became generic as fuck, not looking forward to hearing them cover Green Day..

Is it possible to order this in america? or do you have to have a subscription if someone in the uk buys two i would love to purchase one

I can't imagine YM@6 covering Green Day... :huh: Not exactly their sound.

Mixed opinions about this, I really want to know the other musicians doing covers.

Many people dont realize that some people cover songs BECAUSE it isnt their sound its a good challenge and sometimes works well

Many people dont realize that some people cover songs BECAUSE it isnt their sound its a good challenge and sometimes works well

Sometimes it works well. But often it's just a bit "meh" :P

Eww I'm sorry but I don't like the sound of this tribute album. I just cannot see this turning out to be remotely good at all. Sure, these bands were influenced by Green Day etc. etc. etc., and that's all good and dandy, but is this really necessary?

And after hearing that 5sos cover a few posts above, I am thoroughly convinced this album is going to be a disaster...

It would be nice if MCR reunited and recorded a song for it.

I hope you all realise that is also says Dookie on there too, so basket case, longview, when I come around, welcome to paradise, etc. could also be ruined :(

inb4 the fangirls who think they love green day because they heard the "ultimate tribute" bullshit

Archived