Kerrang doing American Idiot tribute album

ColinOr

I actually thought The Blackout had packed it in after Ian Watkins killed the reputation of every Welsh band out there. Not that there was much to kill, they basically jumped on the Lostprophet's emo/nu-metal bandwagon and ran with it.

Thought that YM@S were gone too until they were announced as openers for Biffy in June. Wasn't pleased at all.

Sorry, this is literally one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. I'm not talking about this anymore.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine YM@6 covering Green Day... :huh: Not exactly their sound.

Mixed opinions about this, I really want to know the other musicians doing covers.

listen to FIR'S Gangsta Paradise cover. you'll hate FIR

Not as good as 21GDC.

21GDC and this shouldn't even be compared to each other. Your project is too fucking epic to be compared to a tribute CD featuring mostly wannabes and poseurs.

21GDC and this shouldn't even be compared to each other. Your project is too fucking epic to be compared to a tribute CD featuring mostly wannabes and poseurs.

I can't believe it's been five years since those bastards Green Day plagiarised Graham and I and had a successful album with it.

I can't believe it's been five years since those bastards Green Day plagiarised Graham and I and had a successful album with it

God tell me about it. It must be so frustrating watching them steal your idea and taking all the credit right?

God tell me about it. It must be so frustrating watching them steal your idea and taking all the credit right?

Exactly. I can't believe they bastardised DookieLukie and Kay and turned them into Christian and Gloria. Ugh.

im mostly turned off by FIR though.. im like they're gonna fuck up GD.

Literally the only thing I know about FIR is that they did Bad Girls Club and... I kinda love that song :ninja:

Can't see them doing anythinp on AI though...

And don't even get me started on Radke. What a piece of shit.

Needs All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, etc.

FOB already completely fucked up a song off one of my all time favourite albums, I don't want them anywhere near another one.

the last thing i need to know about is 5 seconds of summer covering green day. they opened up for one direction at concerts for christ sake.

Definately not going to listen to American idiot being buturched. They would have been Bette rod with other bands such as TLE or for fighter or something if anything. The original is the best. Although I loved the musical versions too

Fuck Falling in Reverse. Ronnie Radke is such a cocksucker.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Anyway, when did this become a thread for bashing any band who isn't Green Day?

Is everyone just gonna ignore the fact that Kerrang! is not only half-assing it with the bands on the CD, but they also totally half-assed the cover art? Oh, that's really "clever," you just took the original cover and made it into real-life instead of a drawing. But they didn't even get THAT right! I mean, the grenade isn't even heart-shaped!!! That heart-grenade was pretty much the focal point of the album art, and they totally screwed it up!!

Kerrang presents: Half-assed covers of a perfectly fine album.

Purchase today if you wanted a more emo version of one of the best albums of the past 10 years

Pics or it didn't happen.

Anyway, when did this become a thread for bashing any band who isn't Green Day?

This was a comment he left on a random picture of mine after a debate I don't even remember the topic of on his VpAXKGt.jpg definitely a cocksucker.

I know this is nitpicky but....the grenade being not heart shaped is bugging the fuck out of me. Its the main point of the fucking album art. The art was simple to being with, and they STILL fuckined it up. It being heart shaped had a fucking meaning to it and ugh...

anyways, i'll give the bands a chance and ill listen to it. There is a 100% chance it wont bet better than the original, but it can at least be pretty good idk. My favorite movie is nightmare before christmas and when they did a tribute album for that with covers by bands i was afraid they'd just butcher the songs but it surprised me so i'll give this a chance. Ya never know :3

I love all of the bands listed EXCEPT FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER

GET LOST PLEASE AND THANK YOU

if it's lacking in FOB I don't want it :lol:

"5 Seconds of Summer" Fuck :mad:

This. Why are they even on it?

Ewwww especially at FIR...mainly cause Radke is such a piece of fucking shit! Plus he just ruined Gangsters Paradise.......yeah why not get bands that were full on inspired by Green Day rather than just bands of the moment..lame

Archived