Kerrang doing American Idiot tribute album

ColinOr

Kerrang is such a Green Day fanboy! :happy:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounded good in theory, but those bands listed have immediately revoked any interest.

Kerrang are shite.

Cool, I guess. The bands will probably all suck. Kerrang is ehhh and I don't see how it's relevant for anybody above the age of 14, but I suppose it's nice they still love Green Day so much even though their audience has probably moved on a while ago. :lol:

Nah, I prefer the Darth Praxus&Not Anyone's version of 21CB.

cool idea but I just know the songs will be butchered

Am I supposed to be familiar with any of these bands covering the tracks...?

Am I supposed to be familiar with any of these bands covering the tracks...?

only one I recognized is Frank Iero who played guitar for MCR and did a fantastic job there. The band has apparently split into one million solo projects that no one is really excited about except the Gerard Way fanatics who still thinks it's 2005.

only one I recognized is Frank Iero who played guitar for MCR and did a fantastic job there. The band has apparently split into one million solo projects that no one is really excited about except the Gerard Way fanatics who still thinks it's 2005.

Yeah, after I posted I went back and I recognized Frank's name. I double checked that he was the MCR guy and low and behold he was.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one lost with these bands.

Yeah, after I posted I went back and I recognized Frank's name. I double checked that he was the MCR guy and low and behold he was.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one lost with these bands.

seriously though, Iero is a kick ass guitar player, and I've always wanted to hear some of Green Day's songs played harder and rougher than how they do themselves.

seriously though, Iero is a kick ass guitar player, and I've always wanted to hear some of Green Day's songs played harder and rougher than how they do themselves.

Question is will he also be singing?

Question is will he also be singing?

thats a concern for another time.

5 seconds of summer? falling in reverse? fuck me. this is bullshit.

Wow, all of those, probably including Frank, totally suck. Can't wait to hear what garbage Kerrang can shit out next week!

Can't wait to hear Falling In Reverse cover Green Day!

ew. sorry.

I can't imagine YM@6 covering Green Day... :huh: Not exactly their sound.

Mixed opinions about this, I really want to know the other musicians doing covers.

There was another thread about this in which The Blackout were confirmed as the ones covering Holiday. This does nothing to improve the shitfuck that this album is gonna be.

Crosses fingers and prays that Biffy Clyro (who are massive Green Day fans) get a song

You'd hope they spent all the design budget on recording the songs.

If they didn't, fuck knows how bad it's going to be judging by that cover.

There was another thread about this in which The Blackout were confirmed as the ones covering Holiday. This does nothing to improve the shitfuck that this album is gonna be.

Crosses fingers and prays that Biffy Clyro (who are massive Green Day fans) get a song

I can't wait for this. The Blackout are one of my favourite bands, and they always put an interesting twist on their covers. It'll be good.

As for ymas, another one of my favourites, they will probably have been given something such as Are We The Waiting or Give Me Novacaine, softer sound.

You'd hope they spent all the design budget on recording the songs.

If they didn't, fuck knows how bad it's going to be judging by that cover.

looks like a twilight rip off but I suppose they had to avoid copyright stuff.

r u 12

I've actually enjoyed those bands since I was around that age, but as I've grown up so have they, and I've never grown out of them. Also, most of the fans I see at both bands' gigs are 18+ (escpecially for tbo). I honestly don't think I'll ever grow out of The Blackout especially, because they're so fantastic live. But no, to answer your ridiculous question that was actually pretty unnecessary, I'm not 12. I'm 13 I'm kidding.

I've actually enjoyed those bands since I was around that age, but as I've grown up so have they, and I've never grown out of them. Also, most of the fans I see at both bands' gigs are 18+ (escpecially for tbo). I honestly don't think I'll ever grow out of The Blackout especially, because they're so fantastic live. But no, to answer your ridiculous question that was actually pretty unnecessary, I'm not 12. I'm 13 I'm kidding.

I actually thought The Blackout had packed it in after Ian Watkins killed the reputation of every Welsh band out there. Not that there was much to kill, they basically jumped on the Lostprophet's emo/nu-metal bandwagon and ran with it.

Thought that YM@S were gone too until they were announced as openers for Biffy in June. Wasn't pleased at all.

Archived