What general expectations do you have of a Green Day concert?

kataia

Hello fellow Green Day lovers :)

I am a German student and I want to write a research paper on great rock performances, presented on Green Day.

What I wanted to ask you is the following:

What do you expect from a Green Day concert/live performance?

I know there are topics the-like, but most of them concentrate on the Triology tour. What I would like to know is more general (as I am analysing Bullet in a Bible...).

So general comments/hopes/expectations on for example venues, setlists (not specific songs, but rather the kind of songs that you would like to be played, as "hits", "classics", new songs or "surprises"), lights, costumes, pyro, fan interaction and anything you could think of :D

I would it appreciate it a lot if you answered.

Thanks for the attention ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am expecting atleast half an hour of "heeeey- ooohs"

I am expecting atleast half an hour of "heeeey- ooohs"

ah well, I don't mind them that much :) eventually, their concerts have been about 3h long, so why not spend 1/6th of the time hey-ohing ;)

I'm expecting having one of the best days of my life.

I totally agree to that, though it's not that useful for my research :/

I totally agree to that, though it's not that useful for my research :/

Yes I know, but more seriously, I can't really help.. I don't really expect something special because I think if you're a huge fan, the content of the setlist doesn't really matter and it will always be special for you. Especially if it's the forst time :) I expect a lot of craziness, which I know is always present, a let-yourself-go ambience, with nice interactions etc.. I expect a lot from the fans too. Funny/lovely signs and that stuff. The crowd singing always bring tears to my eyes when I watch the numeorus GD lives on youtube :P

Oh god, I expect so much from them. I always thought those guys have something special thanks to how many things they give us during live performances.

Oh and don't forget: Starting a band on stage or inviting a random dude/dudette to play guitar. That shit is awesome.

What should always be expected is 4-6 songs off Dookie, usually all the single (If they skip one, they skip WTP) and Burnout, usually all the singles off American Idiot (although they did take a break from Wake Me Up for a while) and Letterbomb too.

First of all, thank you for all the answers. :)

What should always be expected is 4-6 songs off Dookie, usually all the single (If they skip one, they skip WTP) and Burnout, usually all the singles off American Idiot (although they did take a break from Wake Me Up for a while) and Letterbomb too.

I would rather like to know what YOU expect (or wish) than what SHALL be expected. ;)

Theyre going to play all the songs I want them to because they're playing just for me

I would love at least half the set to be classics that the casual fan wouldn't know. Unfortunately a majority of concert goers seem to be just casual fans.

First of all, thank you for all the answers. :)

I would rather like to know what YOU expect (or wish) than what SHALL be expected. ;)

That is what I expect :P Without being overly optimistic and hoping for something extreme like Haushinka or No One Knows, the one song I would love to see live is Disappearing Boy. My life will be complete once I see that. Next tour, I wanna drive to like 4 shows in a row and hopefully I'll see it. If I go to New York, they usually play great setlists for big cities, maybe I'll see it

I expect the boys to put on a great show, and they've never dissapointed me.

I wish concerts tailored more towards the serious fans, than the casual ones. I don't know about you, but I've noticed it's the die hard fans who wait in line all fucking day just to see them, not the casual fans.

I expect a Trillie and Bike moment :ga:

Eww.

That is what I expect :P Without being overly optimistic and hoping for something extreme like Haushinka or No One Knows, the one song I would love to see live is Disappearing Boy. My life will be complete once I see that. Next tour, I wanna drive to like 4 shows in a row and hopefully I'll see it. If I go to New York, they usually play great setlists for big cities, maybe I'll see it

I've seen Disappearing Boy at SxSW

Generally, I expect the overall experience to be fun, safe, professional, and just exciting to be a part of. Venue-wise, I've only ever seen Green Day in very large venues along with thousands of other people, although I'd kill to see them in a club setting. Since I only ever get to see them in stadiums I expect to hear their greatest hits off of American Idiot, 21CBD, Dookie, Nimrod, Warning, and the odd song off of Kerplunk and 1039SOSH. The band-crowd interaction is always superb, and its especially enjoyable if you're a casual fan and don't attend their shows very often. It's still enjoyable if you've gone to a lot of shows, but in a different way, it feels like an inside joke because you see that they do the exact same interactions/speeches/etc., every night of the tour. So you play along with it, but it feels different than it would if it were the first time you were seeing it. I loved the pyro when they had it, I wish they'd brought it back for the Trilogy tour, but it was epic and appropriate for the shows they did during the AI/21CBD eras. The lighting is always really well done, and really adds to the atmosphere and the songs they play. I always really like seeing the lighting they do for songs like "21 Guns" and "Brutal Love," it always adds to the impact of the song.

Like I said before, a Green Day show is always a really good time, and the band/road crew are true professionals, they really know how to put on a show well, and I never feel disappointed leaving a gig. It's always worth the time, money, etc., to go.

Thank you a lot, this is a perfect example of what I am looking for :D

When I go to Green Day concerts, I convince some fangirl that I'm Billie Joe using my massive knowledge of him. Then I tell her to blow me after the concert. Getting my dingus wet and getting milk out of my dangus is what I expect at a GD concert.

I've seen Disappearing Boy at SxSW

Todd is going to kill you :lol:

Is this research paper of yours official? As in, do you hand it in for a mark or is it mandatory to some sort of course?

I'll trade you seeing Disappearing Boy for Knowledge and Geek Stink Breath

Todd is going to kill you :lol:

I guess I shouldn't tell him that I tuned it out as I'm not big on the song huh lol

I guess I shouldn't tell him that I tuned it out as I'm not big on the song huh lol

Probably not. :lol:

Archived