Vintage Green Day Logo

Mega Man

So I found a picture on the internet a while ago of an old Green Day shirt, I think it said it was from the late 80s or something, and said it was made in response to other locals acts claiming they weren't punk enough (whatever the case, I think it looks sweet). Anyways, I believe the source is long since gone, so I have no idea where it came from, but here's the pic:
2vbucfl.png

Couldn't find anything on it on the internet, so I made my own version in Adobe Illustrator:
anifxe.png
The font isn't exactly the same as the one provided by GDA, but it sure as hell beats drawing it out myself. What do you guys think?

You did good and that's actually a sweet logo, that would make a great tattoo!

Pretty cool shirt! I doubt it's actually from the 80s, it was probably fan made, but really sweet nonetheless.

Pretty cool shirt! I doubt it's actually from the 80s, it was probably fan made, but really sweet nonetheless.

They were hand-making their own t-shirts and selling them at their shows in the early days, so that's probably what this is. It's probably from like '90 or '91.

They were hand-making their own t-shirts and selling them at their shows in the early days, so that's probably what this is. It's probably from like '90 or '91.

I imagine one of those shirts would be hellllla ratty, the one in the picture looks like it's in pretty good condition. It also looks a lot better than how I would imagine Green Day would make their own shirt in 1990/91. But I mean who knows, it could've just been hidden all this time. :lol:

Wow, awesome! It's a great logo and you did a good job! Thanks for sharing it :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! I'm sure it's from the early days, whether is was bootlegged or official. If anyone wants, I could try to share the vector file. Just don't go selling 'RARE GREEN DAY SHIRTS" on eBay.

Just don't go selling 'RARE GREEN DAY SHIRTS" on eBay.

I see people do stuff like that all the time once I saw "RARE Green Day bootleg" and the cover art was from GreenDayBootlegs2010. :dry:

Thanks everyone! I'm sure it's from the early days, whether is was bootlegged or official. If anyone wants, I could try to share the vector file. Just don't go selling 'RARE GREEN DAY SHIRTS" on eBay.

Yeah, I'd love bigger version, thanks!

Hey man, I contacted a few administrators, but didn't get a reply back on how to upload photos to the gallery (not even sure it would support the format anyways). So I've uploaded it to DeviantArt, which fortunately does support vector art, and you can download the original file.

http://slashmanexe.deviantart.com/art/Green-Day-Skull-444734203

Sweet :cool:

Come to think of it, it kinda reminds me of Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking
Green_Day_Al_Bowling_Bowling_Bowling_Par

Never knew who that guy was

Archived