Green Day lyrics about recovery

BrutalLove

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your favourite Green Day lyric about recovery?

Recovery of what? ;)

Fuck Time is my favorite recovery song, erectile dysfunction wasn't treating Billie kindly.

Well today I say sweet things,
But tomorrow,
I'll be making up excuses,
For my actions cause it's been so long,
Since I've been in love.
That special kind of feeling.
Guess my best excuse.
I'm on the wagon again.

I got a new start on a dead end road.
Peaked, peaked out on reaching new lows.
Owe, I paid off all my debts to myself.
Perfect picture of bad health, another notch scratched on my belt.
The future's in my living room.

I got a new start on a dead end road.

Peaked, peaked out on reaching new lows.

Owe, I paid off all my debts to myself.

Perfect picture of bad health, another notch scratched on my belt.

The future's in my living room.

It was regarding nimrod that Billie said he would never go into the studio without lyrics again, wasn't it? I feel like that album has some of his best lyrical work.

It was regarding nimrod that Billie said he would never go into the studio without lyrics again, wasn't it? I feel like that album has some of his best lyrical work.

Without a doubt. Agree 100%

Yeah, I know, right? Weird. I bet he was referring to songs like All the Time, Jinx, and Take Back, ones they never play, probably because he doesn't like them.

Yeah, I know, right? Weird. I bet he was referring to songs like All the Time, Jinx, and Take Back, ones they never play, probably because he doesn't like them.

Yeah you're probably right. It's too bad they don't play Uptight. Simple song, but I love the imagery in the lyrics. I was thinking more along the lines of that, Hitchin' a Ride, Prosthetic Head, Scattered...

None of these lyrics are about recovery. One is about the exact opposite, so I guess that's close.

Top notch thread.

None of these lyrics are about recovery. One is about the exact opposite, so I guess that's close.

Top notch thread.

Songs can be about whatever you want them to be. It's up to the listener to determine what the song means to them.

This time
I've gotta put my guard down
Pick myself up off the ground
Take the pain

It'll pass
The swelling never really lasts
But the scar remains remind me
That I'm still living

Well it's not too late
Oh, it's really not worth the fight
No one's right
Well it's time to walk away

This time

I've gotta put my guard down

Pick myself up off the ground

Take the pain

It'll pass

The swelling never really lasts

But the scar remains remind me

That I'm still living

Well it's not too late

Oh, it's really not worth the fight

No one's right

Well it's time to walk away

Not criticizing, but I got the impression that - assuming it's more or less the same song as C&V's Walk Away - this was about the turmoil that existed during the Warning sessions.

Not criticizing, but I got the impression that - assuming it's more or less the same song as C&V's Walk Away - this was about the turmoil that existed during the Warning sessions.

What happened during the Warning sessions ??

Songs can be about whatever you want them to be. It's up to the listener to determine what the song means to them.

Not really, honestly. I mean yeah there is interpretations and I think it's great when people do that, but that doesn't mean everybody is always right. If you think American Idiot is about seal clubbing, for instance, you are totally wrong. Starting a topic like this is such a specific thing that it's crazy if you just want to post songs that helped you recover through something at all? That's way too broad, that is literally anything and most likely a huge chunk of all their songs for us here on GDC.

Not really, honestly. I mean yeah there is interpretations and I think it's great when people do that, but that doesn't mean everybody is always right. If you think American Idiot is about seal clubbing, for instance, you are totally wrong. Starting a topic like this is such a specific thing that it's crazy if you just want to post songs that helped you recover through something at all? That's way too broad, that is literally anything and most likely a huge chunk of all their songs for us here on GDC.

Alright, well if you'd rather not talk about Green Day songs on Green Day Community, be my guest ;)

What happened during the Warning sessions ??

The band almost broke up because Billie was being bossy and didn't want to listen to Mike and Tre's ideas

That's a great interpretation! I didn't think of that!

Alright, well if you'd rather not talk about Green Day songs on Green Day Community, be my guest ;)

Oh my god because that's totally the same as questioning a much too broad topic (that has been made countless times before) that has no general direction, right?

I dont know why, but I read this as "Green Day Lyrics about Money." Does Green Day have any lyrics about money?

I always thought walk away was about regret for all the stuff ups in Dos. But in general I think that's what Tre is about.

I dont know why, but I read this as "Green Day Lyrics about Money." Does Green Day have any lyrics about money?

Money Money 2020

Love And Money :P

Archived