California? new Green Day side project?

It seems nobody here knows The Influents or The Big Cats records..... I want to listen to something from "California".

I'm with you too! I have all The Influents and Big Cats albums. Also some Chino Horde tracks, though that is hard to come by.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you too! I have all The Influents and Big Cats albums. Also some Chino Horde tracks, though that is hard to come by.

Chino horde is on spotify for some odd reason.

i know Big Cats and influents... but i really don't count b/c i love Jason :wub:

Haha same! Always nice to meet another Jason fangirl :D

i have a degree in the Big Cats and a PHD in JW

He's adorable :)

He's adorable :)

He really is. I've heard all the guys in the band are really nice. :happy:

I need to get some Big Cats records.

same.

Are you talking actual records, because Max Recordings have those. The Big Cats also have a bandcamp where you can buy the albums digitally or on cd/vinyl http://thebigcats.bandcamp.com/

Are you talking actual records, because Max Recordings have those. The Big Cats also have a bandcamp where you can buy the albums digitally or on cd/vinyl http://thebigcats.bandcamp.com/

anything Big Cats... but due to me spending on Evanescence, i have non existant money atm. :lol:

sorry jason

I made it but didn't take any photos or video.

They were the middle band of three with a nice crowd of about 50, presumably many friends of the bands. They played about 10 songs of widely varying tempo, some more yearning and soulful and some more punk. On average, I'd say they were slower tempo than even the Influents. They were good to see, but anyone attending shouldn't be expecting the pace of other side projects.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekstinkbreath/13555686253/

I made it but didn't take any photos or video.

They were teh middle band of three with a nice crowd of about 50, presumably many friends of teh bands. They played about 10 songs of widely varying tempo, some more yearning and soulful and some more punk. On average, I'd say they were slower tempo than even teh Influents. They were good to see, but anyone attending shouldn't be expecting teh pace of other side projects.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekstinkbreath/13555686253/

Sounds cool! Thanks for the recap.

• 1 year later...

Really need to check this band out. Jason is always in great bands. The Influents were cool and Pinhead Gunpowder are actually my favourite band...Green Day don't suck either :P

• 2 months later...

Really need to check this band out. Jason is always in great bands. The Influents were cool and Pinhead Gunpowder are actually my favourite band...Green Day don't suck either :P

You really should! I saw them last week at 1-2-3-4 Go Records and they were awesome! I was able to meet Jason and hes such a nice guy! If I knew how I'd post the photos I have from the show but im still trying to figure this site out :P

• 3 weeks later...

It seems nobody here knows The Influents or The Big Cats records..... I want to listen to something from "California".

Fuck yeah The Influents. "Life and Life Only" bring out the waterworks EVERY TIME. I'm so stoked for this new project. 

Set to break our record of shows played in one week, CALIFORNIA has four scheduled this week! We're looking forward to getting back down south again, as well as playing with Mr. LOU BARLOW here at home. We'll also be getting a little help from our friend RACHEL HADEN on a few tunes at our LA shows! Don't miss this! Details below...

Please come out and catch one if you can. This will be our last hurrah for a while.

Tuesday, September 22nd @ Bottom of the Hill
San Francisco, California
Doors 8:30 ~ 21+ ~ $15
* This will be a special, more pared-down/quieter set opening for LOU BARLOW. Also with WE ARSONS.)

Friday, September 25th @ The Echo
Los Angeles, California
Doors 8:30 ~ 18+ ~ $11-17
* Opening for RAINER MARIA. Also with THE BODY and DEVON WILLIAMS

Saturday, September 26th @ Kensington Club (aka Ken Club)
San Diego, California
Doors 9:00
* with CRUZ RADICAL, CHAGRIN and BESIDE MYSELF

Sunday, September 27th @ Grand Star Jazz Club
Los Angeles, California
Doors 2:00 ~ All Ages ~ $12adv/$15dos ~ Kids under 12 FREE
* We're back for SAVE MUSIC IN CHINATOWN! A benefit for music education at Castelar Elementary. With SEAN WHEELER & ZANDER SCHLOSS and UPSET. Special sets by RACHEL HADEN and STEVE SOTO. Plus DJ ATOMIC NANCY. Tix at Eventbrite.

Archived