Last live song to be played from Green Day...

midschool22

It's the song that lyrically, is a direct representation of my life right now. Also, it's Track 7 on the album.

Fair enough, the lyrics are far better than the music. Is it being track 7 important?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being optimistic, maybe they could have Jason do the rap so he'd actually be useful for once.

No offense to Jason, but having him rap those lyrics are...quite creepy. :blink:

As for the last song, I was thinking All by Myself. No wait, how about Billie singing Look for Love? :whistle Okay, no. Serious answer, I'd want to hear either Good Riddance or WMUWSE if we're going down the dramatic, emotional farewell route. (I'd also suggest No One Knows - well, if the guys still remember that song.) But better than that would be that the guys rather play that song which basically captures the essence of Green Day.

A full band version of good riddance

Because there's 4 of them in green day and not just billie, also it would sound awesome

Homecoming >>> Good Riddance

Last song played as a band, followed by last song period. Mike, Tré and the Big 3 come back out for introductions/curtain calls and one final bow to the crowd before they disappear off stage forever.

Homecoming >>> Good Riddance

Last song played as a band, followed by last song period. Mike, Tré and the Big 3 come back out for introductions/curtain calls and one final bow to the crowd before they disappear off stage forever.

that would be a good ending

if it was there last ever show they could have one massive week long tour and play and record every single green day song ever and realise all the stuff we've never seen

I'd like to see only one song played after Good Riddance: Why Do You Want Him?

It'd be bittersweet to end the show with that song in a way.

how the fuck is that an unpopular opinion? :mellow:

Cos people are silly :happy:

Rusty James with the chorus changed to "Last show in town" would be cool

Ididn't believe it before but I do now... Green Day are breaking up, and they created this thread! :o We know it's you Billie...

Fair enough, the lyrics are far better than the music. Is it being track 7 important?

I was just being a smart ass about pointing out Track 7. You were joking about which song is Stray Heart.

The last song they play should be the full band, not just billie

as good riddance is most likely the last song on every Green Day show, it would fit to just blast through basket case one last time

as good riddance is most likely the last song on every Green Day show, it would fit to just blast through basket case one last time

It would be so much more sentimental if it was just Billie though.

Now I'm curious, which would you say is? I don't think I can wade through the shit and pick a best, but "Wow! That's Loud" for all its flaws has a pretty cool riff and works well with Amy narratively speaking.

Flaws? I think it's just great head banging song with an awesome solo. Kinda like a jam session.

I also think Basket Case. It's arguably Green Days most classic song.

I don't want to drag the thread don't even further, but here's something to consider: nobody wants to think about this, but it's just as likely to happen as the proposed scenario in the original post.

What if we don't know they played their final show until it's too late? Billie always said he would play in this band until the day he dies. Can't discount the possibility that they never have a chance to give a proper farewell performance.

Flaws? I think it's just great head banging song with an awesome solo. Kinda like a jam session.

Lyrics.

I don't want to drag the thread don't even further, but here's something to consider: nobody wants to think about this, but it's just as likely to happen as the proposed scenario in the original post.

What if we don't know they played their final show until it's too late? Billie always said he would play in this band until the day he dies. Can't discount the possibility that they never have a chance to give a proper farewell performance.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Ceadog and I have already expounded at length in other threads about how we think they'll break up within the next five years.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Ceadog and I have already expounded at length in other threads about how we think they'll break up within the next five years.

Huh...I'll have to dig around for that. Which threads?

Lyrics.

That's a disgusting thought.

Lyrics.

I guess but there's songs on the trilogy with a lot poorer lyrics

There's a lot of food for thought there. Have to say I don't buy the theory that Mike and Tré are being held back though; they may defer to BJ when it comes to bigger decisions (like triple albums), but I find it very hard to believe that either of them would be content to be told what to play. Jason on the other hand, totally feasible that maybe his parts could have been molded by Billie in some way shape or form.

If you and Ceadog are right, and in the next five years they're done as a band, I will be sad. But I do still think they have good music in them. The optimist in me wants to say that rehab will be the best thing for the direction of the band as a whole.

What if they made an insane mash-up of every single song they have ever produced and it culminated into a climactic explosion of good riddance with fireworks and pyro shooting everywhere?

I promise im not on drugs.

Archived