Last live song to be played from Green Day...

midschool22

Random question.

If Green Day were to stop playing live and they had one last show in your town, what would be the FINAL song of their set be that you want played?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Riddance (Time of you life). :wub: I like when a show finish with that song. It would be a good end...

While there are many here who claim to hate it, I don't think anyone would deny that Good Riddance is the only choice. I'd be sobbing my eyes out. The lyrics are so simple but so beautiful and bittersweet. It'd be the most heartfelt goodbye on both sides' behalf imaginable. Honestly, if I had to choose the most perfect song Green Day ever wrote—not the best, not my favorite, but the most perfect—it'd be Good Riddance.

As cliché as it is and as much as people would deny that they don't think its the best song for Green Day to end shows on, probably because there so 'cool' and they 'like Green Day more than you' and 'think the B-sides and lesser known songs are better' all of which of course makes them a better fan. Good Riddance is the perfect song Green Day can end on.

While there are many here who claim to hate it, I don't think anyone would deny that Good Riddance is the only choice. I'd be sobbing my eyes out. The lyrics are so simple but so beautiful and bittersweet. It'd be the most heartfelt goodbye on both sides' behalf imaginable. Honestly, if I had to choose the most perfect song Green Day ever wrote--not the best, not my favorite, but the most perfect--it'd be Good Riddance.

Nailed it. How could it ever be anything else?

Anything but Good Riddance would sort of be a disservice to us fans. That's the song you expect them to end a show with. Although if I had to pick another song I guess maybe Dirty Rotten Bastards because that song sort of shows off each band member's talent.

While there are many here who claim to hate it, I don't think anyone would deny that Good Riddance is the only choice. I'd be sobbing my eyes out. The lyrics are so simple but so beautiful and bittersweet. It'd be the most heartfelt goodbye on both sides' behalf imaginable. Honestly, if I had to choose the most perfect song Green Day ever wrote—not the best, not my favorite, but the most perfect-—t'd be Good Riddance.

Who hates good riddance?

That's literally the perfect closing song for ANY event.

With our luck, it will be Dirty Rotten Bastards.

While there are many here who claim to hate it, I don't think anyone would deny that Good Riddance is the only choice. I'd be sobbing my eyes out. The lyrics are so simple but so beautiful and bittersweet. It'd be the most heartfelt goodbye on both sides' behalf imaginable. Honestly, if I had to choose the most perfect song Green Day ever wrote—not the best, not my favorite, but the most perfect-—t'd be Good Riddance.

It's too bad that graduations and dances and everything else made this song a bit cliche. It's honestly one of the most beautiful songs ever written. I forgot who said this, but they were some composer who was commenting on how amazing the melody of that song is.

Good Riddance or Wake Me Up, for sure.

I like the version he does of Good Riddance in AAF, with the fast strum. That guitar (Gibson, I think) just has legendary sound. I love it. In some other shows after the song ends he sings the WMUWSE bit, and that also seems fitting. It's one of the biggest hits.

But in all honesty I'd like them to come back on the stage after Good Riddance and play a proper version of Lazy Bones. I wanna see that live so bad. The clip from Cuatro will never be enough.

I like the version he does of Good Riddance in AAF, with the fast strum. That guitar (Gibson, I think) just has legendary sound. I love it. In some other shows after the song ends he sings the WMUWSE bit, and that also seems fitting. It's one of the biggest hits.

But in all honesty I'd like them to come back on the stage after Good Riddance and play a proper version of Lazy Bones. I wanna see that live so bad. The clip from Cuatro will never be enough.

Lazy Bones as their last song ever though?

Homecoming.

A fitting song since they all play a bigger part, but still doesn't have that Good Riddance vibe.

Lazy Bones as their last song ever though?

It's my favorite song, what can I say :P

Kind of a depressing send-off...

Fortunately for all involved, I don't think Billie will ever want to play that one live.

Homecoming.

While it's nice that each of the guys has their part doing that one, I don't think it'd be fitting as a conclusion—not intimate enough, not quite enough finality, and too pessimistic overall. As the second-to-last song, though, it'd kick ass.

Kind of a depressing send-off...

a bitter love song that was supposed to act as a "fuck you" to a chick moving to another country isn't exactly a joyful wave goodbye either.

a bitter love song that was supposed to act as a "fuck you" to a chick moving to another country isn't exactly a joyful wave goodbye either.

I think that while it was originally written that way, it's morphed into something much more, for both the fans and the band.

Although Jesus Of Suburbia is my favorite Green Day song, if it was their last show Homecoming would be a more fiting closer. I would say Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life), but I would want more than just Billie present for their final onstage moments.

I would say Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life), but I would want more than just Billie present for their final onstage moments.

Not to worry—we'll have Mike play the violin and Tre just stand there awkwardly. And Jason stand there even more awkwardly.

Hello.

Nightlife

If they ever did Nightlife they'd probably get bottled off, so I can see that actually being their last ever song.

Archived