Today is the 3rd anniversary of "Awesome As Fuck"

Fuzz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been 3 years o.O. Shit does time ever fly.

Still love "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield"

I prefered BIAB for some reason but Cigarettes and Valentines in this one is just pure awesomness.

I love Awesome as Fuck. And I would like more live-albums, because that´s when they are at their best, in my opinion.

Love it

As a concert DVD much better than BIAB (as AAF resembles an actual concert not as a movie thing like BIAB is set up)

because that´s when they are at their best, in my opinion.

I completely agree :happy:

Love it

As a concert DVD much better than BIAB (as AAF resembles an actual concert not as a movie thing like BIAB is set up)

But BIAB has King for a Day on it, and I love that one. In the end I like both, couldn´t say which one I like more. But I´m rather acritical anyway...

I like the cd, along with bonus tracks, not as much as the Bullet in a Bible, but it's amazing :)

as a DVD didn't have the epic feeling that BIAB has; but on CD has Cigarettes & Valentine and many old songs

Whaaa? Why do you say that?

For some reason, the tracks are edited in a way or another, like Billie's voice or cut songs on the middle. The dvd edition is poor. Too much cut/paste thing. The real deal with live records is that they are live, not a bunch of things that sounds perfect with studio edition.

Wow, 3 years already, could've sworn it was like a year ago.

I don't think I ever watched the whole AAF dvd, while I know BIAB by heart. So there. I like that they included Cigarettes and Valentines, though.

I think that BIAB has the better sound quality but the tracklist on AAF is better. And in BIAB there's more live-energy...

Christie Road from this album remains on my favorite playlist. I fucking love hearing that song live and current since Billie Joe's voice has changed so much. That's one of my favorite things about this album, hearing those old songs played now.

I still haven't lwatched the DVD in full, I've only seen the videos on youtube.

I quite like it, but Bullet in a Bible is one of the best things the band has ever put out.

Wow, only three years? Seems older. My favourite track is Going To Pasalacqua, it's absolutely amazing compared to other versions. Individual tracks on the record are better than some on Bullet In A Bible and it seems better mixed, but overall I prefer BIAB because it's got the continuity of being from one gig, and as such a more "epic" feel. I was happy to have a proper recording of Know Your Enemy from the gig I was at, though. JAR live is a real treat, too. I'm not particularly keen on the DVD, it feels kind of weird and claustrophobic due to being filmed indoors, and the crowd wasn't particularly good. Overall I feel it was a wasted opportunity; the 21st Century Breakdown tour was easily the best tour they've ever done, and in person it was seriously mindblowing. This album doesn't really convey that.

I still haven't lwatched the DVD in full, I've only seen the videos on youtube.

I quite like it, but Bullet in a Bible is one of the best things the band has ever put out.

The production budget on BIAB was fucking insane (helicopters flying around and hiring Sam Bayer to produce the whole thing). It's truly a fucking great concert DVD. I really hope they do it again on the next tour.

I'm glad that that joke finally died out. :P

My favorite songs from the album are definitely the classics: "Going to Pasalacqua", "Geek Stink Breath" and "She". Overall I love the setlist, but think it could've been even better—we really didn't need new versions of "American Idiot" or "Wake Me Up When September Ends", and it would've been great to have "The Static Age" or one of their covers on the CD. Also, the sounds still bothers me—it isn't mixed anywhere near as well as BIAB, and Billie's voice, while awesome on numerous songs, sounds messed with on others. Finally, the BIAB DVD is far less claustrophobic than AAF's.

Still a fantastic album though!

But BIAB has King for a Day on it, and I love that one. In the end I like both, couldn´t say which one I like more. But I´m rather acritical anyway...

Oh I like BIAB as well but if I want to watch a concert as a concert I'd pick AAF

The production budget on BIAB was fucking insane (helicopters flying around and hiring Sam Bayer to produce the whole thing). It's truly a fucking great concert DVD. I really hope they do it again on the next tour.

I'm still holding out for a "Bullet in a Bible: Complete Edition" on the twentieth anniversary of AI that features "Jaded", "Homecoming" and the other songs that were cut from the DVD.

I'm still holding out for a "Bullet in a Bible: Complete Edition" on the twentieth anniversary of AI that features "Jaded", "Homecoming" and the other songs that were cut from the DVD.

How they didn't put Homecoming and We Are The Champions on there is utterly beyond me. Jaded would be cool too, but only because the edit is so obvious and jarring.

Archived