Billie Joe's Best Vocal Performances

DookieLukie

This is one of my favorites. Green Day performing 80 in 1991 -- even though the recording isn't the best quality, Billie's voice is absolutely spot on the entire time. Performance starts at around 1:15.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and pretty much everything on Foreverly.

I was just going to post this! I always seem to re-realize how amazing his vocals really are when I hear him sing with other people, like here or on Foreverly.

21 Guns live in Japan.

I love his voice in this, really emotional in my opinion.

Also, the not-video version from AAF is even more amazing. The quiet, piano-only interlude before the final chorus is beautiful.

Skip to 3:40

"Did I ever maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake it through"

Green Day needs more songs that involve Billie straight up wailing. send the memo

Definitely one of Billie´s best vocal performances, I can remember when I sent that video to a friend back in 2006 just after it found it´s way online and meant that his voice sounds so fresh in that one

Luke

Darth Praxus posted this in the rants section yesterday. It's a great vocal performance of Viva La Gloria, but go to about 0:50 - 1:00 to be completely blown away and get chills.

Skip to 3:40

"Did I ever maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake it through"

I particularly love this performance, he just drop dead gorgeous through out the entire video.

I've always liked their performance of Going to Pasalacqua in Chicago, even if Billie's head kept twitching every other second. I don't know, I just like the live version of this song more than the album one - playing it half a step down (?) just gives the song a rather epic feel to me.

That entire show is just fabulous. Basket Case has never excited me at all ever since I first saw this version. Nothing can top it.

How could I forget about that video,It's just amazing, if the first one blows my mind,then this one thrills me to death! :lol:

Great choice!

At the end where he sings "Nobody Likes You" while Mike and Jason are still doing the "Modern World" backing vocals...chills.

At the end where he sings "Nobody Likes You" while Mike and Jason are still doing the "Modern World" backing vocals...chills.

Best pop punk harmony section ever. The only thing that can touch it is the end of Feeling This by Blink 182. The fact the parts are in two different keys but it still works is just bizarre. I must say, though, I prefer this version, even with the bizarre crowd activity.

Best pop punk harmony section ever. The only thing that can touch it is the end of Feeling This by Blink 182. The fact the parts are in two different keys but it still works is just bizarre. I must say, though, I prefer this version, even with the bizarre crowd activity.

That was good, and I like the lyric change on Mike's part, but...what the fuck is the crowd doing? :lol:

That was good, and I like the lyric change on Mike's part, but...what the fuck is the crowd doing? :lol:

Following orders! Billie tells them "come on down" at 3:12.

Following orders! Billie tells them "come on down" at 3:12.

Ahhh--I skipped to the end after a while, so I missed that part and just saw the end result. :lol:

• 3 months later...

This thread has long been dead, but here's another one I recently re-discovered.

Archived