Your Favorite Billie Joe "Rant"

Thisnamehasnoreason

So your telling me that he took speed at multiple shows, and the speed caused him to go off on the same exact rant each time?

Seems legit.

If that's the case, it's a good thing they took a break after iHeart—imagine him spouting the same Justin Bieber rant every night in the middle of "Basket Case". :P

In all seriousness, I think he's citing his twitchiness rather than the actual rant.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your telling me that he took speed at multiple shows, and the speed caused him to go off on the same exact rant each time?

Seems legit.

You're putting words in my mouth haha I'm not saying speed caused the rant but it is very clear he was on it (and I'm almost positive he's admitted to it). And if you watch it he looks absolutely insane. He is wide eyed and twitchy that doesn't just happen on its own.

Ah, here's the video of that aforementioned rant.

Also, is the way he sings "Hallelujah" the way that Jeff Buckley/Leonard Cohen song is? As in, the tune they sing it to.

I wouldn't say it was totally hypocritical.

Maybe not all of it, but bits were and it kind of made the whole thing seem a bit silly.

It's gotta be Minority on BIAB. That's such a good performance.

how you guys didn't even mention the more badass one from woodstock;

okay, you say shut the fuck up and we stop playing. 1 2 3...

SHUT THE FUCK UP

okay, we're done, good bye

and people go crazy

Why do people think that rant during Letterbomb is against technology? He's talking about the horrible things we see in the news, not how we see/hear the news.

Ooh, I love that one. :wub:

That one was at my show!

He was most definitely on speed.

You can take speed more than once.

And people aren't so twitchy when they're sober :P

And his eyes. His eyes are undeniable that he's speeding tits.

how you guys didn't even mention the more badass one from woodstock;

okay, you say shut the fuck up and we stop playing. 1 2 3...

SHUT THE FUCK UP

okay, we're done, good bye

and people go crazy

Were they at the end of their set or did he just do that halfway? :lol:

"This is a celebration. We are alive. Everybody here is alive. Young, old, in-between. We are all here and we're fucking alive!"

Billie Joe Armstrong 03/28/2013

This is my all time favorite for many obvious reasons. I posted this on my Facebook page 04/04/13 but I did not post my source to this quote but I think I was sober by then so it must be true haha! Seriously though, I'm trying to find the video now.

No he wasn't he was on speed.

Didn´t he say in an interview that he was almost always on drugs or things during the early years....?

"This is a celebration. We are alive. Everybody here is alive. Young, old, in-between. We are all here and we're fucking alive!"

Billie Joe Armstrong 03/28/2013

This is my all time favorite for many obvious reasons. I posted this on my Facebook page 04/04/13 but I did not post my source to this quote but I think I was sober by then so it must be true haha! Seriously though, I'm trying to find the video now.

Oh, yes, please, try and find the vid!

I just love this... "YOUR FUCKING UP MY VIEW OF THE BRIDGE" :lol:

I just love this... "YOUR FUCKING UP MY VIEW OF THE BRIDGE" :lol:

This concert in general was golden.

This concert in general was golden.

Pity it's no longer in the downloads section (link is dead). :( Tman?

Pity it's no longer in the downloads section (link is dead). :( Tman?

Isn't most of it on YouTube?

Isn't most of it on YouTube?

The only full version had the audio removed by Warner. Damn them.

I agree with the speech during Minority in BIAB.

In addition, not so much a rant, but an honorable mention. 'Mom! Put your clothes back on! Please mom!'

http://youtu.be/5SknWH6HKH4?t=6m38s

Also note Billie's M-I-C-K-E-Y thing before the final chorus. Which he apparently did occasionally way back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBo-fwhIesA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-IQqTiQVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8sHYXKGELQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3jMGa4q15g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0L9PgVQzeY

I laughed at the Emirates when earlier on in the gig Billie started talking about the weather, how nice it was but it'll probably start raining. Eventually it did and he was just like 'I told you so!' I can't remember what songs it was during though :lol:

Didn´t he say in an interview that he was almost always on drugs or things during the early years....?

Oh, yes, please, try and find the vid!

it was my first green day show after waiting 11 years to see them, something always came up

it was my first green day show after waiting 11 years to see them, something always came up

Great, thank you! Wow, this guy is so fucking hungry for life...

• 1 month later...

Just thought of a really great one.

"You know what. you never know what the future is going to bring. I mean, I don't have a fucking clue, I don't what the fuck I'm doing, I don't know where the fuck I"m going. I never fuckin' do. But the important thing is to....sometimes to think about the future but staying in the fucking moment at the same time...So it's about nights like this to create memories like this...It's about Franz Ferdinand playing across the street. Hallelujah. Hallelujah."

One of the most touching moments from Billie.

Oh. And when they returned to the stage after Billie Joe's rehab. Adding the "welcome back" or "Thank God I'm Alive" to "Boulavard of Broken Dreams" = amazing. They came back and were better than ever.

Just thought of a really great one.

"You know what. you never know what the future is going to bring. I mean, I don't have a fucking clue, I don't what the fuck I'm doing, I don't know where the fuck I"m going. I never fuckin' do. But the important thing is to....sometimes to think about the future but staying in the fucking moment at the same time...So it's about nights like this to create memories like this...It's about Franz Ferdinand playing across the street. Hallelujah. Hallelujah."

One of the most touching moments from Billie.

Oh. And when they returned to the stage after Billie Joe's rehab. Adding the "welcome back" or "Thank God I'm Alive" to "Boulavard of Broken Dreams" = amazing. They came back and were better than ever.

This one is my favorite. Love the Hallelujah

Archived