Green Day Rock Band

themole

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's about all that needs to be said on the matter.

Not everyone likes The Beatles. Guess fucking what? It sold like crazy.

And I really don't give a rip if the game sells that well. I'll have it and that's all that matters to me. Why would anyone give a fuck how a game does?

thats a very good question....but to say that about a band that is having a banner year and selling out venues all over the world makes no sense to me.

They are obviously liked by more than diehards like us.

And I really don't give a rip if the game sells that well. I'll have it and that's all that matters to me. Why would anyone give a fuck how a game does?

This.

Even if they're less universally appealing than the Beatles, I don't think Green Day are any less universally appealing than Metallica, Van Halen, Aerosmith or AC/DC, and those band-exclusive games moved loads of copies. So I think this game is gonna do just fine.

Even if they're less universally appealing than the Beatles, I don't think Green Day are any less universally appealing than Metallica, Van Halen, Aerosmith or AC/DC, and those band-exclusive games moved loads of copies. So I think this game is gonna do just fine.

:wub:

well they did say on the awards rock band with OUR FAVORITE VENUES.

I wonder if the gamemakers would have to get permission from real places to recreate them in the game?

That's about all that needs to be said on the matter.

Not everyone likes The Beatles. Guess fucking what? It sold like crazy.

The beatles have a butt load of more fans and reach out to alot more people. Plus beatles rock band didnt sell that well.

The dev and the publishers gives how the game does. They're the ones making the money.

good point. especially with the likes of aerosmith, their fanbase is generally a lot older than the usual guitar hero/rockband demographic and it did well. a large chunk of green day's fans are teenagers.

true but the small clubs the beatles started in weren't vehemently diy punk and anti-capatalist.

This. The thing is, even if they do a Gilman-like venue, people are still going to bitch about it being Gilman Street.

Aside from that, what venues do they think they'll have? I'm thinking Gilman (maybe), Woodstock, Milton Keynes (obv) and I don't really know what else.

i have a feeling 2 of the venues will be gilman st and milton keynes and they may do the melbourne telstra dome cause thats where they finished the american idiot tour but thats just a thought

Even if people don't like Green Day, we all know there are people out there who will buy the game simply because it's a GAME. I have friends who own every GH/RB/BH/DJH because they like the game, not necessarily the bands that are featured/the main basis in/of the game.

The beatles have a butt load of more fans and reach out to alot more people. Plus beatles rock band didnt sell that well.

The dev and the publishers gives how the game does. They're the ones making the money.

dont think they would have made the game if they didn't think it would sell well. :ermm:

good point. especially with the likes of aerosmith, their fanbase is generally a lot older than the usual guitar hero/rockband demographic and it did well. a large chunk of green day's fans are teenagers.

Exactly. This game is gonna sell plenty of copies.

whatever you say, dude.

Total sales across all platforms in the United States was 595,000 units with revenue between $59-60 million,[63][101] and was the 2nd highest revenue-generating game behind Halo 3: ODST driven by sales of the bundled units.

AC/DC got their own game? :confused:

We are forgetting that GD has been playing for 20 years, maybe it's cause they started so young.

But the lyrics appeal to anyone, and most of us like their music taste (there's gonna be some Clash in the game for sure) so I agree with you.

This. The thing is, even if they do a Gilman-like venue, people are still going to bitch about it being Gilman Street.

Aside from that, what venues do they think they'll have? I'm thinking Gilman (maybe), Woodstock, Milton Keynes (obv) and I don't really know what else.

They also might do some music-video inspired settings.

dont think they would have made the game if they didn't think it would sell well. :ermm:

They make the games to make the money. I know it will sell alot but I know it wont sell enough.

Does it really matter how much they sell? The fans will have it, and we'll enjoy it, that's that. I don't think a poor-selling video game will put Green Day in the shitter financial-wise.

whatever you say, dude.

Total sales across all platforms in the United States was 595,000 units with revenue between $59-60 million,[63][101] and was the 2nd highest revenue-generating game behind Halo 3: ODST driven by sales of the bundled units.

It didnt sell as much as they thought it would.

i have a feeling 2 of the venues will be gilman st and milton keynes and they may do the melbourne telstra dome cause thats where they finished the american idiot tour but thats just a thought

madison square gardens? lullapalooza, maybe. oo, or the fox theatre in oakland.

They make the games to make the money. I know it will sell alot but I know it wont sell enough.

I think you need to give it a rest.

honestly WHO GIVES A SHIT?

we get it, we get to play it. life is good. :cool:

It didnt sell as much as they thought it would.

saying it's it didn't quite meet sales expectations, and saying it didn't sell well are two completely different things.

Does it really matter how much they sell? The fans will have it, and we'll enjoy it, that's that. I don't think a poor-selling video game will put Green Day in the shitter financial-wise.

It does matter how much it sells. Im not talking about money with Green Day. The Devs and the Publisher need to make the money.

AC/DC got their own game? :confused:

They got a track pack for Rock Band, which is basically the same thing. In fact, it's less appealing than a full game, and it still sold a bunch of copies.

It does matter how much it sells. Im not talking about money with Green Day. The Devs and the Publisher need to make the money.

So because this game might not sell millions and millions of copies, what's gonna happen? Are they going to stop releasing band-specific games? I highly doubt it. Give it a rest dude, we know it's not going to sell like Halo 2.

People can bitch, but if it doesn't say Gilman they can't sue. They probably can't sue either way tbqh.

They could have their performance from Live Aid in Berlin.

Archived