Green Day Rock Band

themole

I might have just played for 7 and a half hour-ish. Oops?

You're not alone with that. I might've even played longer than that xD Oops :whistle

This game is addicting, haha.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not alone with that. I might've even played longer than that xD Oops :whistle

This game is addicting, haha.

Haha, it definitely is. And especially with the Dookie things, every time a song from it comes up that isn't a single I'm like "yay never get to hear that :woot" even though I already knew it was coming.

Now I really just have to get a mix. and drums. and people to play with... it's actually kinda unfair, a fair amount of the accomplishments are things that are "do this or that with a band of at least 2 players/4 players" or something like that....for that you need to buy all the instruments and also find people and all.

I also love that in the screen right after you finished a song, the grey-ish thing, there are like tiny bugs crawling around :lol: or it's actually just black dots, but anyway.

I finally got gold stars in a song! Well, I got them playing 100% on Expert on bass, for Warning and BOBD. I near keep trying She, I love that song. Chump is a bitch though.

Now I really just have to get a mix. and drums. and people to play with... it's actually kinda unfair, a fair amount of the accomplishments are things that are "do this or that with a band of at least 2 players/4 players" or something like that....for that you need to buy all the instruments and also find people and all.

Haha yes I was thinking about that too :lol:

I'm so addicted to this game :ninja:

I'm so addicted to this game :ninja:

Me too :ninja: That's why I hate the fact I can't play it that much, cause my younger brother has the Wii..

Awesome! My PSN name is "steelthorne" send me a friend request! wehats your PSN?

hey sorry for taking so long to respond =/

i sent you my request, mines grkgrls4 :)

I have one as well, I'll add you next time I'm online, my PSN is 'potsandpansrobot'. (I got the name from an episode of Family Guy :lol: )

If anyone plays on PS3 hit me up!

PSN - Drauka_

i added both of you too! hope you dont mind!

Can someone who has PS3 play with me online?My PSN is : basketcase3496

I can play guitar or bass on expert. Add me please.

WTF why is Brain Stew so difficult to sing? Before this game I thought it was pretty easy but obviously I've been singing the wrong notes all along. I have gold stars singing on all the other songs but I fear I will NEVER get gold stars on Brain Stew/Jaded.

I might have just played for 7 and a half hour-ish. Oops?

Yay I'm glad you got it! You're definitely not the only person who's done that :D

Now the topic's on Brain Stew/Jaded.....they said it was the hardest song on guitar, but I don't find it all that hard :huh: Maybe it's because I play on hard and not on expert and that makes a lot of difference, but I don't think it's that hard at all. I guess it's the level thing, though.

Now the topic's on Brain Stew/Jaded.....they said it was the hardest song on guitar, but I don't find it all that hard :huh: Maybe it's because I play on hard and not on expert and that makes a lot of difference, but I don't think it's that hard at all. I guess it's the level thing, though.

Jaded is really fast on expert guitar. But because it has the much easier Brain Stew joined on to it, it averages out being not that difficult to get a decent score on. Same goes for Are We The Waiting/St Jimmy, and the easy first part and hard second part of 21st Century Breakdown. If they'd put Jaded and St Jimmy on their own they'd be very very difficult.

I think they lie about the difficulty just to make things fit better though. It says Homecoming is as hard as you can get on every instrument which it certainly isn't, but it's a really long epic song so they just say that.

WTF why is Brain Stew so difficult to sing? Before this game I thought it was pretty easy but obviously I've been singing the wrong notes all along. I have gold stars singing on all the other songs but I fear I will NEVER get gold stars on Brain Stew/Jaded.

You know, I have the same thing! I got 100% and/or gold stars on almost every song, but it seems I can't even beat my own scores for Brain Stew. It keeps saying 'great' and stuff like that. It's going better now.. but it's annoying cause I have to sing differently than I used to do! Other songs that I seem to have trouble with are In The End, NGFL and the IDC part of Jesus Of Suburbia.. weird.

Jaded is really fast on expert guitar. But because it has the much easier Brain Stew joined on to it, it averages out being not that difficult to get a decent score on. Same goes for Are We The Waiting/St Jimmy, and the easy first part and hard second part of 21st Century Breakdown. If they'd put Jaded and St Jimmy on their own they'd be very very difficult.

I think they lie about the difficulty just to make things fit better though. It says Homecoming is as hard as you can get on every instrument which it certainly isn't, but it's a really long epic song so they just say that.

Hmm okay. That kind of sucks, because speed is where I always fail. That's why I'm stuck on hard, I can do the five button thing fine, but on expert it just goes too fast for me on some songs. :lol:

All of you play on Hard or Expert. Now I feel bad xD I always play drums on medium. I mean, I always get scores in the high 90s (and I got a 100 on Warning today) so I guess I could graduate to hard... but I want to get 5 stars to unlock everything first.

I tried singing today. For some reason, the game does not like how I sing Letterbomb xD I don't know what I'm doing wrong either!

And since Letterbomb didn't go so well, I'm scared to try Brain Stew because of what you guys have said =/

I like singing to songs with harmonies the best though. 21st Century Breakdown is definitely one of my favorites.

All of you play on Hard or Expert. Now I feel bad xD I always play drums on medium. I mean, I always get scores in the high 90s (and I got a 100 on Warning today) so I guess I could graduate to hard... but I want to get 5 stars to unlock everything first.

I play guitar on medium xD I'm trying to play some songs on hard but I really suck at it :lol:

I play guitar on medium xD I'm trying to play some songs on hard but I really suck at it :lol:

I play on medium for that as well, playing with 4 buttons is ok, but 5 is a bit hard for me :lol:

It took me forever to transition from medium to hard. My fingers kept on getting messed up because of the orange button. :lol:

I only played Homecoming on expert guitar but there is one part were I have alot of trouble but the rest is easy.

UltimateGuitar has posted their review

Here.

Green Day Rock Band Review

Green Day Rock Band

Release Date: Jun 8, 2010

Game Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii

As we anticipate our chance to wield both guitar and keyboard controllers in Rock Band 3, Green Day has arrived to serenade us during our wait.

Game Experience: 8

Extras: 8

Impression: 8

Overall rating:

Featured review by: UG Team, on june 25, 2010

Game Experience: Before waves of Rock Band fans have the opportunity to wield their trusty axe-shaped controllers – not to mention keyboards – on the game’s 3rd edition later this year, Harmonix has delivered Green Day: Rock Band to satiate them a little while longer. Whenever you have a band-specific edition for an activity like Rock Band, your perception of the game play will correlate to how much you enjoy tracks like “F.O.D.” “Welcome To Paradise” and "¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl).” Of course, those are three fairly distinctive tracks from three separate eras in Green Day’s career, which is almost essential if you want to reach a wide audience. Let’s not go as far as to make the outlandish statement that Billie Joe Armstrong’s songwriting is as genre-defying as the multiple musical periods of The Beatles (whose own game worked amazingly well for Rock Band’s franchise last year), but Green Day: Rock Band should have at least a little something for most tastes.

It’s hard to warm up to the game immediately if you’re not a monster fan of Green Day, but the good news is that it does eventually become infectious. The bass parts are surprisingly more challenging than past Rock Band offerings, while there are some songs available that allow you to utilize the vocal harmonies gameplay that was introduced with The Beatles’ edition. Featuring 47 songs (with the complete albums of Dookie and American Idiot), Green Day: Rock Band does stick to the tried-and-true Rock Band formula. The makers wisely don’t present the songs chronologically as you “tour” the city of Milton Keynes, Oakland’s Fox Theater or The Warehouse. So if you aren’t a fan of one particular time period in Green Day’s career, you aren’t bombarded with a given year’s material all at once.

The visuals, much like the gameplay, are standard. The wardrobe changes coordinate with a new venue, so don’t expect a whole lot of options in that area. You might get a bit annoyed with seeing the same type of stage setup over and over again, but again, this particular edition is more focused on the soundtrack. There’s nothing really groundbreaking this time around, but the songs do offer a greater challenge than The Beatles’ material and do cover all of Green Day’s hits. Included in the sets are “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams,” “Chump,” “Geek Stink Breath,” and good chunk of the band’s opus 21st Century Breakdown. // 8

Extras: In many ways the extras do become as much of a selling point as the gameplay itself. While the photographs that are automatically unlocked in Career “meta-mode” (after completing songs with a certain number of stars) are impressive and of top-notch quality, the videos unlocked via the Challenges serve more of a purpose for Green Day fans. There are some gems in the bunch, with everything from a 1994 interview on the band’s tour bus – which is actually a bookmobile – to a performance of “Chump” on MTV’s 120 Minutes. // 8

Impression: Green Day has a wide enough appeal by this point that Harmonix made a logical choice in selecting the band as the focus on the latest Rock Band. That being said, the band still isn’t quite as beloved as, say, The Beatles, and the soundtrack is often hit or miss. The saving grace is that the makers of Rock Band ensured that the game itself is an excellent challenge, specifically on Expert level, with the bass parts finally coming across as entertaining as the guitar. Once all the Challenges are checked off the list, fans obtain a good deal of video footage that is essentially just as worthwhile as a band-released DVD. Green Day: Rock Band might not seem a perfect fit for every gamer, but it’s addictive enough that even most 21st Century Breakdown haters out there will be entertained for at least a little while. // 8

UltimateGuitar has posted their review

Here.

“F.O.D.” “Welcome To Paradise” and "¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl).” Of course, those are three fairly distinctive tracks from three separate eras in Green Day’s career,

Wut?

“F.O.D.” “Welcome To Paradise” and "¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl).” Of course, those are three fairly distinctive tracks from three separate eras in Green Day’s career,

Wut?

lol

The bass parts are surprisingly more challenging than past Rock Band offerings, while there are some songs available that allow you to utilize the vocal harmonies gameplay that was introduced with The Beatles’ edition.

Surprisingly more challenging? In most of the music I hear today, I can't even hear the bass parts. The bass in Green Day's songs, on the other hand, is very audible. So I don't agree with the surprisingly part.

I got it yesterday. I didn't have any of the instruments, so i had to spend £45 on those too, along with £40 for the game. I also ended up buying Rockband1 I decided to buy it on PS3, because the Wii seems limited online and i don't have live on my 360.

I love it so much! I have just been playing random songs. I brought the track packs a few hours ago also. I like playing as lead vocals, because i'm not used to the other two yet. I can only play drums on easy and guitar on medium.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN my username is rebhop04

Archived