Green Day Rock Band

themole

Ahh, such a weird n00b. How the Hell do you get gold stars on songs? Vocals are so easy, well, I done a lot of them last week on Expert at my friends house. I'm so pissed though that I have to buy Rock Band 2 and Wii points to get the rest of the 21CB record.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I wanna know about the gold stars too. On Guitar Hero you only get gold stars for hitting 100% of the notes in a song perfectly. But on this Rockband, sometimes I'll miss several notes and still be given gold stars. And sometimes I'll get 100% but not get gold stars!

What's the deal with the gold stars?

^I wanna know about the gold stars too. On Guitar Hero you only get gold stars for hitting 100% of the notes in a song perfectly. But on this Rockband, sometimes I'll miss several notes and still be given gold stars. And sometimes I'll get 100% but not get gold stars!

Gold stars are like a 6th star that you can get.

If think you're going to want Gold Stars on a song, only use the overdrive (star power) when they are a lot of notes coming at you.

I have the exact same thing. I think you get gold stars when you sing everything right obviously, and always have that 4x awesome thing or so, anyway, I mean that you won't get 'okay' or 'great'. It's kinda weird though, because like you said, I have 100% on solo vocals most of the time, but some times I don't get gold stars.. weird.

Gold stars are like a 6th star that you can get.

If think you're going to want Gold Stars on a song, only use the overdrive (star power) when they are a lot of notes coming at you.

Ahh I see, so it's just doing a certain amount better than 5 stars. Pity, I'd prefer to have it as a reward for doing a song perfectly, not just quite well :P

like ive said before, gold stars dont matter if you get 100%, its just a certain number of points you have to hit in a specific song to gold star. you can get 100% and not gold star, or get 96% and gold star, just be conscious when to use your overdrive

like ive said before, gold stars dont matter if you get 100%, its just a certain number of points you have to hit in a specific song to gold star. you can get 100% and not gold star, or get 96% and gold star, just be conscious when to use your overdrive

Oh, that makes sense. :)

I haven't been able to play yet, I don't own a system and can't afford it right now.

I wish I knew someone in my area who owned it. I think I'll be waiting until February next year.

It sucks, I really want it, but i'm completely out of money.

I went to Download Festival last weekend, and i just saw Green Day at Wembley Stadium.

darn it, i'll just keep playing the demo over and over.

I finally Gold Starred all of Dookie as a solo vocalist. Longview gave me the toughest time with the bit where it goes "and i smell like shiiiiiiiiiiii" then the pitch suddenly rises when it gets to the bridge section. i found a way so that my voice could work around that part, and so i could finally 100% the song. what a relief. now to work on Gold Starring American Idiot.

good luck with homecoming, fucking always mess up at tre's part thanks to mike's high pitch. i dont like to go to a lower octave, its weird

good luck with homecoming, fucking always mess up at tre's part thanks to mike's high pitch. i dont like to go to a lower octave, its weird

It was quite easy for me to gold star Homecoming, I'm actually having a hard time getting higher scores for JOS :lol: Idk, I fuck up the I don't care part for some reason.

It was quite easy for me to gold star Homecoming, I'm actually having a hard time getting higher scores for JOS :lol: Idk, I fuck up the I don't care part for some reason.

damnit, it always just fuck up at tre's part and get an okay, i just quit :pinch:

Apparently I'm getting this for my birthday. Just cause my mum wants it too. :lol:

But my birthday isn't till September... so I might buy before then. :)

I'm excited for tomorrow :happy: finally going to buy it.

Well, if I can find it.

Green Day's Facebook page posted this article about reviews of the game. "The reviews are in and Green Day: Rock Band is a hit!"

Freaking good reviews, it's a hit, really!

GamePro

9/10

IGN

8.3/10

GameFocus

8.3/10

Gamervision

8.0/10

GameSpot

7.5/10

Game Revolution

7.5/10

Destructoid

7.5/10

For some reason I'm on a roll right now just beating all my previous scores on songs and getting gold stars on everything. Hooray!

I'm almost done getting 5 stars on all the songs on guitar. Next I have to do it on drums and bass, then somehow get a microphone. I still need to buy the previous 2 DLC packs so I can play full 21CB album. I wish this game and a way to get to the Rock Band store.

This has probably been asked before but do Guitar Hero guitars work with the game for Wii?

This has probably been asked before but do Guitar Hero guitars work with the game for Wii?

yes, gh controllers will work for any system.

Damnit I can't figure out how to gold star basket case.

I can't get it :( my parents are way strict on video games. I've never played one before, but i'm saving up to buy it when i move out

I rank #1 on Christian's Inferno on expert vocals :D

Awesome! I don't have that song yet, only bought 21 Guns. Atm I'm #1 on expert vocals for VLG (Little Girl), RHS and 21 Guns :D

I'm angry because I can't do the guitar solo for BOBD on Expert. It's not even that hard! The highest I've ever got on the solo is 96%. :mad:

Archived