Green Day on Howard Stern (Re-Broadcast from 1997)

Jet Taman

It's a replay from 1997 as they were promoting "Nimrod". It's so funny to hear them talk about how crazy they used to get before shows to get all amped up. Mike is talking about his new daughter Estelle.

Howard is making them play "Basketcase" and it sounds phenomenal. They're about to play a "new" song. I wonder what song they used to promote for Nimrod on Stern. I don't think they went the "Good Riddance" route.

Man, I love Jason White and all, but I really do miss when it was just the three of them.

You could mention in the title that it's a re-broadcast, so nobody - like me - will have a mini heart attack^^

Can't find a free/easy live stream for it :-/

When talking about "Hitchin a Ride" and how it's about drinking, MIke just said, "Im not an alcoholic, alchoholics go to meetings"

...and then they just played "Hitchin a RIde"

I had a recording of this at one point I've listened to over and over. I can still hear Mike saying "I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings" in my head

edit: I remember howard admiring billies tattoos but saying he's too much of a pussy to get any

edit2: I believe this is it http://youtu.be/D6GxI_Ct408

Recordings (or links if available) please. Pretty please. Need to watch this.

EDIT: Never mind.

If they PLAYED "Hitchin' a Ride", it's not that thing we already know. If they played the track - it's the one we have.

Cool, my mom was telling me about how she heard them on Sirius on the way to work this morning. I figured it was an old show.

Bad quality, but it's the whole Green Day segment

1:45:45 to 2:13:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvdCAQJVq6g

Archived