Billie Joe to play at Acoustic 4 a cure

xXRustyJamesXx

I wasn't that sure about the hair the first few...times I saw it but it's actually growing on me.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 Revs sounds amazing, didn't expect that. We need a full video of this! They all sound pretty good.

I know Billie played Holiday, 99 Revolutions, American Idiot, Bastards of Young and with James on Turn the Page. Does anyone know the setlists for all the other performances, or if Billie played on any other songs?

I know Billie played Holiday, 99 Revolutions, American Idiot, Bastards of Young and with James on Turn the Page. Does anyone know the setlists for all the other performances, or if Billie played on any other songs?

dude, come here. See in the photo album description I compiled all the good stuff that awaits you. :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152295798433961.1073741902.223058598960&type=1

And Billie Joe was a-strummin in the finale all-star jam, Bob Dylan cover of Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.

Hee, I made that still. ♥

Green Day doing Hybrid Moments for Metallica, then him and James cutting up in interviews for this show, and then THIS SHOW, it really makes me want a Green Day/Metallica collaboration. They could do anything, but I can definitley imagine a metallica-style song, with Billie singing on the chorus or verses. I think his voice would fit better with harder music versus James on Green Day-style music, although I could be wrong. It's just easier for me to imagine for some reason.....I might go make some mash ups now.

Green Day doing Hybrid Moments for Metallica, then him and James cutting up in interviews for this show, and then THIS SHOW, it really makes me want a Green Day/Metallica collaboration. They could do anything, but I can definitley imagine a metallica-style song, with Billie singing on the chorus or verses. I think his voice would fit better with harder music versus James on Green Day-style music, although I could be wrong. It's just easier for me to imagine for some reason.....I might go make some mash ups now.

What interviews for this show did they do? I didn't see any. Unless you're referring to the SF Weekly thing but I do hope you realized that was FICTIONAL :lol:

Billie's story about Ride the Lightening - what a freakin' cutie he can be sometimes. :wub:

TURN THE PAGE. YAS. :dance:

I feel like I've never seen Billie so relaxed in his speaking as he is at the end of that Holiday video. He's speaking honestly, clearly, and without calculation. He's not worried about presenting himself or being a showman like at Green Day shows. As a result, he is actually way more poignant and coherent :lol: Like he's just having a regular conversation with the audience. I know he's like that more often at small club shows or secret shows in general, but even compared to those types of clips this just feels even more natural for him. Glad to see him looking happy and having a good time for a good cause.

Billie sounds great, his singing, during the 99 tour he sounded a little off (rightfully so) but I'm happy to hear he sounds back. God I love him.

I feel like I've never seen Billie so relaxed in his speaking as he is at the end of that Holiday video. He's speaking honestly, clearly, and without calculation. He's not worried about presenting himself or being a showman like at Green Day shows. As a result, he is actually way more poignant and coherent :lol: Like he's just having a regular conversation with the audience. I know he's like that more often at small club shows or secret shows in general, but even compared to those types of clips this just feels even more natural for him. Glad to see him looking happy and having a good time for a good cause.

Yeah, Its nice to see him use his normal voice and not that yelling voice he usually uses on stage.

I swear he's one of my favorite people on the planet when he's like this. He has such a dorky sense of humor and he's so animated with his storytelling, and he just comes off so sweet and unassuming. This side of him has come out in interviews in more recent years (the interview regarding Broadway come to mind), and I love it when that guy makes an appearance. Showman Billie is awesome, but I'd take this guy over him any day. :)

this sounds amazing, want to see a 99 Revolutions video soon :)

Jason's solo during holiday sound so cool and relaxed

Billie Joe Armstrong is trending on the book of Faces because of the benefit. :ga:

Billie Joe Armstrong is trending on the book of Faces because of the benefit. :ga:

Awesome!

Just catching up with this, wow what a lot of great stuff! Was just expecting WMUWSE so a very nice surprise. Brilliant to see him just enjoying being on stage in such a natural state!

Archived