Billie Joe to play at Acoustic 4 a cure

xXRustyJamesXx

[image]

A few pics from today's rehearsal for tomorrow's big "Acoustic 4 A Cure" benefit show at the Fillmore in SF! Unfortunately, Pat Monahan and Joe Satriani had left before picture time, but it's sounding amazing and can't wait to put on a really unique show for a great cause! — with Vic Johnson.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I WANT BILLIE'S WARDROBE!!!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few pics from today's rehearsal for tomorrow's big "Acoustic 4 A Cure" benefit show at the Fillmore in SF! Unfortunately, Pat Monahan and Joe Satriani had left before picture time, but it's sounding amazing and can't wait to put on a really unique show for a great cause! — with Vic Johnson.

OMG he's wearing his shirt from the first Foxboro shows in 2008 that he also wore to the following year's Grammys to announce Green Day's comeback with 21st CB. He really loves that shirt :lol:

therev.jpg

He is the cutest rockstar ever.

I hope he will keep the bandana

But....they will play all together or...??

I wondered why everyone kept going on about Billie Joe's barnet, and then I saw that picture a few posts above...

He's modelled himself on Adrienne! :lol:

soundbitestv

a brief interview clip with #billiejoearmstrong about his favorite city to devour on tour! #viaitalia #greenday #interview #soundbites #italian #getinmybelly #backstage #happyday @shakykneesfest

Video: http://instagram.com/p/oAEZlvh5NF/

In the golden age of the information superhighway, yes. Just search Youtube after it happens. Or keep checking this thread until someone posts it.

yeah I know,but no live streaming,right?

Oh, yeah, I don't know about that.

Today's Music Picks: Why Sammy Hagar and Metallica's James Hetfield are uniting

http://www.mercurynews.com/music/ci_25760442/todays-music-picks-sammy-hagar-metallicas-james-hetfield

The show is sold out, but fans can still follow the action live at twitter.com/jimthecritic.

Nice article on #Marin's @SammyHagar and James Hetffeild .. follow the concert tonight @jimthecritic

That shirt from Russia!

1725254_1379165752349896_187791621_n.jpg

soundbitestv

a brief interview clip with #billiejoearmstrong about his favorite city to devour on tour! #viaitalia #greenday #interview #soundbites #italian #getinmybelly #backstage #happyday @shakykneesfest

Video: http://instagram.com/p/oAEZlvh5NF/

That was from before/ after the Replacements show, wrong thread :P

I was about to say "jeez, nothing about this yet?" But then I realized it hasn't even started yet :lol:

Photo via irenesegu THE FILLMORE SAN FRANCISCO - THEY READY!
via Beth Wieman @shesarebel twitter~
@BJAofficial comes on at 940pm. #fillmore

10308435_10152295522693961_3507336439701

When is it happening anyway? I saw something saying 7:00 but it's already 7:00 here and it didn't mention a time zone.

Plus I live in Arizona, which means mine is double wack. I don't even know if it's daylight savings time right now.

When is it happening anyway? I saw something saying 7:00 but it's already 7:00 here and it didn't mention a time zone.

Plus I live in Arizona, which means mine is double wack. I don't even know if it's daylight savings time right now.

Considering it's San Francisco, it's safe to assume 7pm PT

10296817_1507183509505425_1805376147_n.j

itsnotkate

24 minutes ago · The Fillmore

SO I JUST MET ADRIENNE ARMSTRONG AND BILLIE JOE SAID HI TO ME AND TRIED TO SIGN BUT ASSHOLE SECURITY PUSHED ME AWAY BUT IT'S OK IM HAPPY

10366133_10152295528383961_7143648799874

charmishgirl

You can't see it but it's Billie Joe Armstrong!!!!!!!!!

Why does Billie have a music stand, I thought he couldn't read music? :P

This looked awesome, had no idea the lead singer of train was there too!

Why does Billie have a music stand, I thought he couldn't read music? :P

This looked awesome, had no idea the lead singer of train was there too!

He took lessons in vocals, guitar, and piano. If he never used it for vox or guitar he used it for piano, he can definitely read music.

It isn't necessarily music anyway, though, it could be chords or lyrics. He's playing guitar and no one really uses sheet music for guitar, it's pretty impractical.

If that is Billie's set I'd love to hear Holiday and AI acoustically...and 99 too just to hear how it sounds

Archived