Billie Joe to play at Acoustic 4 a cure

xXRustyJamesXx

Well this show is only 3 days away and it feels like everyone has forgotten.

Nope I remember

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously can't wait to see how this goes :)

I wonder why he might play, classics or some rarieties?

Am I the only one who is excited about his hair? :lol:

Well this show is only 3 days away and it feels like everyone has forgotten.

Nope. Just double checked the date of this this past weekend to make sure I remembered correctly that it was this coming week.

Very exciting for anything we'll get to see from this event.

Nice to hear about this. Him and the band in general do a lot of charity work but GD are not famous for it at all like U2 or others are. I'm sure they don't do it for the publicity so I guess it's cool they don't shout about it. And it's gonna be nice to have another acoustic moment to enjoy.

So Billie probably won't play anymore Replcements shows if he's coming back for this

So Billie probably won't play anymore Replcements shows if he's coming back for this

>fly to cancer thing

>do cancer thing

>fly to old band

>do old band more

>repeat in case of other cancer things

why not

Am I the only one who is excited about his hair? :lol:

I don't get the word excited in here...

:P

Nice to hear about this. Him and the band in general do a lot of charity work but GD are not famous for it at all like U2 or others are. I'm sure they don't do it for the publicity so I guess it's cool they don't shout about it. And it's gonna be nice to have another acoustic moment to enjoy.

I think artists who call the media or constantly brag about charity work are douches who are only doing it for publicity

I think artists who call the media or constantly brag about charity work are douches who are only doing it for publicity

You know how people say that an end can never justify the means? It works both ways, who gives a shit. Their means are golden.

You know how people say that an end can never justify the means? It works both ways, who gives a shit. Their means are golden.

Ok and I'm entitled to my fucking opinion...

lol calm down nigga

Don't use that word. That's a white man's word.

Don't use that word. That's a white man's word.

Actually that is a word used by donkey hats.

Will this thing be streamed or something?

In the golden age of the information superhighway, yes. Just search Youtube after it happens. Or keep checking this thread until someone posts it.

I'm looking forward to it but since I'm assuming he's just going to play WMUWSE I'm not that excited, be cool enough though and if he does other stuff it'll be a nice surprise.

Quite frankly, I just want an HQ video of his performance so that I can fully appreciate the hair :)

'Hagar, Hetfield, Armstrong & Monahan: What Happens When Aging Rock Stars Hang Out?'

Here are some of the artists playing this week's Acoustic-4-A-Cure benefit concert at the Fillmore: Sammy Hagar, Metallica's James Hetfield, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, Train's Patrick Monahan, and guitar deity Joe Satriani. It's a pretty big haul for the inaugural benefit, proceeds from which will support children's cancer research at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. And with a lineup of marquee names in Bay Area rock from the last 30 years, we couldn't help but wonder how all those tremendous egos will get along backstage at the Fillmore. What would their conversation be like? How will they decide what to play? Who will get ragged on? We have no way of knowing, of course, but that didn't stop us from imagining.

http://www.sfweekly.com/2014-05-14/music/acoustic-4-a-cure-benioff-ucsf-children-s-hospital-the-fillmore/

'Hagar, Hetfield, Armstrong & Monahan: What Happens When Aging Rock Stars Hang Out?'

Here are some of the artists playing this week's Acoustic-4-A-Cure benefit concert at the Fillmore: Sammy Hagar, Metallica's James Hetfield, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, Train's Patrick Monahan, and guitar deity Joe Satriani. It's a pretty big haul for the inaugural benefit, proceeds from which will support children's cancer research at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. And with a lineup of marquee names in Bay Area rock from the last 30 years, we couldn't help but wonder how all those tremendous egos will get along backstage at the Fillmore. What would their conversation be like? How will they decide what to play? Who will get ragged on? We have no way of knowing, of course, but that didn't stop us from imagining.

http://www.sfweekly.com/2014-05-14/music/acoustic-4-a-cure-benioff-ucsf-children-s-hospital-the-fillmore/

Damn they're straight up shitting on eachother hah.

They forgot the "Y' know" to make it more authentic

Quite frankly, I just want an HQ video of his performance so that I can fully appreciate the hair :)

haha this

10372286_10152293882678961_5007662954284

A few pics from today's rehearsal for tomorrow's big "Acoustic 4 A Cure" benefit show at the Fillmore in SF! Unfortunately, Pat Monahan and Joe Satriani had left before picture time, but it's sounding amazing and can't wait to put on a really unique show for a great cause! — with Vic Johnson.

Archived