Billie Joe to play at Acoustic 4 a cure

xXRustyJamesXx

Maybe he'll play Stay the Night, since an acoustic version will be on Demolicious.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so why would he only play one song if there are only 7 people, wouldn't they have at least a small set each? like 3,4 songs? so it would actually gather interest and raise money! lol

Not gonna lie, I want Billie to have a duet with someone.

This seems like a great thing to go to and it supports a great cause.

Maybe he'll play Stay the Night, since an acoustic version will be on Demolicious.

I thought about that! Let's hope so :D

link to website

http://www.acousticforacure.org/

"Acoustic-4-A-Cure" was created by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame musician and Bay Area resident Sammy Hagar, an on-going supporter of UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital through his Hagar Family Foundation:

Tickets are priced as follows: $125 each for General Admission. A very limited amount of VIP will be available at $500 each. VIP tickets include access to the VIP balcony, passed food and drink tickets, and more. Tickets will not be available at The Fillmore box office, charge by phone or outlets. There is a two-ticket limit per customer. Funds raised through ticket sales will go to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, one of the nation's leading children's medical facilities.

The star-studded lineup will include (in alphabetical order):

• Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day)
  • Sammy Hagar
  • James Hetfield (of Metallica)
  • Scott Mathews
  • Pat Monahan (of Train)
  • Joe Satriani
  • Nancy Wilson (of Heart)
  • and more!

... performing acoustic sets – with some once-in-a-lifetime duets and jam sessions expected!

maybe State of Shock :runaround:

but I don't think so...

This is a charity event, not to promote their record :P

link to website

http://www.acousticforacure.org/

"Acoustic-4-A-Cure" was created by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame musician and Bay Area resident Sammy Hagar, an on-going supporter of UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital through his Hagar Family Foundation:

Tickets are priced as follows: $125 each for General Admission. A very limited amount of VIP will be available at $500 each. VIP tickets include access to the VIP balcony, passed food and drink tickets, and more. Tickets will not be available at The Fillmore box office, charge by phone or outlets. There is a two-ticket limit per customer. Funds raised through ticket sales will go to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, one of the nation's leading children's medical facilities.

The star-studded lineup will include (in alphabetical order):

• Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day)
  • Sammy Hagar
  • James Hetfield (of Metallica)
  • Scott Mathews
  • Pat Monahan (of Train)
  • Joe Satriani
  • Nancy Wilson (of Heart)
  • and more!

... performing acoustic sets – with some once-in-a-lifetime duets and jam sessions expected!

Are you planning to go?

i doubt he'll play stay the night in the circonstances. wake me up would be the more accurate and billie will maybe get sensitive on this one

i doubt he'll play stay the night in the circonstances. wake me up would be the more accurate and billie will maybe get sensitive on this one

Maybe something more emotional, something from "the rehab album" :lol:

Maybe something more emotional, something from "the rehab album" :lol:

not gonna happen :P

Well anyways, We better get a really good recording of this. Billie Joe solo, and acoustic, plus duets and jams? Billie plays rare shit when he goes solo acoustic.

This is a charity event, not to promote their record :P

Are you planning to go?

Yes I am planning on going.

Yes I am planning on going.

You should have a list of all the shows you've been to in your sig, I'm curious to know

Just because it's a charity benefit doesn't mean it'll be all serious. That Dreamforce concert was a benefit and they played an awesome set there.

Damn I live in the wrong country :(

This is really cool though and for a wonderful cause. If he plays a few songs that would be epic.

desertrose, please, remember every single little detail. This sounds like a very special performance and the possibilities of due3ts among the participants...just....asdtasdfgv45lp6o!

We'll probably get a good bootleg, since these other artists are playing and their fanbases will be recording too

I'd love to hear him play Hold On or Deadbeat Holiday. Probably never going to happen though :(

Archived