Billie Joe's "dress" shirts that he always wore that iconic red tie with?

Jesse James Headrick

Hey guys.

First off, I'm new here. Try not to shoot too much flak at me if I put this in the wrong section, and feel free to move it. I look forward to becoming a part of the community. I've already read some very interesting discussions and I plan on staying far, far away from the fan girls section.

That being said, I need some assistance.

I've been trying, pretty unsuccessfully, to find a black dress shirt online that could work for this. I've taken note of Billie Joe's interesting style, and it's been growing on me. I have multiple ties at the ready, one of them even having the heart hand grenade from AI as a direct tribute to Green Day. These are slim (3" or less.) ties. My dilemma is the shirt. I have purchased a couple online just for experimenting with this, and unfortunately they don't hold up entirely to my expectations. I'm blessed with a body type similar to BJA.

Billie seemed to wear black dress shirts (patches included, and I don't know if I'll go there yet. Hmm. ) that were rather fitted to his body. Tailored, slim fit, whatever you want to call it. Black button down shirts that *claim* to be slim fit, fitted, or tailored are a common sight so I've noticed. Anybody have any idea what kind of black button down dress shirt would suit this purpose?

I appreciate anyone's time. :toocool:

Feel free to message me also... I don't mind. :)

I obviously agree wholesomely. ^.^

Also you can't say you want to stay far away from the fangirls section when you're trying to find clothing like the frontman. That's as fangirly as you can get. Also, the fangirls are some of the nicest people on this site. :thumbsup:

Also some pics of the type of shirt you want would be helpful.

I was kidding, lul. I know.

Hmmm... Let me see.

Image inserter was being glitchy. I apologize, but here's a link to the image that shows what I'm talking about.

Nevermind. The image inserter isn't working, and copy & pasting the URL does not seem to function. I'm new to this site of course, so I'm not sure of another way.

If you search "billie joe Armstrong red tie" on google images, the picture I was going to share was of the first one where he's wearing the red pants.

I was kidding, lul. I know.

Hmmm... Let me see.

Image inserter was being glitchy. I apologize, but here's a link to the image that shows what I'm talking about.

Nevermind. The image inserter isn't working, and copy & pasting the URL does not seem to function. I'm new to this site of course, so I'm not sure of another way.

If you search "billie joe Armstrong red tie" on google images, the picture I was going to share was of the first one where he's wearing the red pants.

Buy a regular black button-up shirt that's one to two sizes to small. :P

I would assume he is around a 28-30 inch waist...ever try looking at boys size clothing? Size 16 boys equals size small in mens, which would make it fitted (my boyfriend has the same slim frame).

I do wear 30x30 Levi 510's, so I am around there. My problem was with buying those kind of shirts, if I got a medium it was width-wise good, but length wise it would tend to untuck itself from the pants and bag out a little.

I do wear 30x30 Levi 510's, so I am around there. My problem was with buying those kind of shirts, if I got a medium it was width-wise good, but length wise it would tend to untuck itself from the pants and bag out a little.

He probably gets them tailored to fit like that. Or custom made.

I'm still looking for the green jacket he wears in the stay the night video

Do you mean the Nuclear Family video? He's in a black and white tshirt in Stay The Night.

Do you mean the Nuclear Family video? He's in a black and white tshirt in Stay The Night.

oh yeah haha that's right, he also wears it in Cuatro at various points

oh yeah haha that's right, he also wears it in Cuatro at various points

I love that jacket, definitely something I would wear.

It was probably custom designed for him, just like the black/white and black/red striped shirts he always wore on tour. I remember seeing a tweet from the person who designed it. :)

It was probably custom designed for him, just like the black/white and black/red striped shirts he always wore on tour. I remember seeing a tweet from the person who designed it. :)

ahhh that sucks, still i want to try and find something like it.

Archived