Misconceptions you had about Green Day as a new fan

Todd

One other thing... there was a phone number at the bottom of the screen that was scrolling by, which people were supposed to call in to if they thought they were the subject of what was being done on the television...

I did not call. I watched the show and after I felt hurt by it, the mute button went on and I got to watch him walking back and forth along a black stage while he was singing. It SUCKED. I may never know if it was a good song to cheer a person up or if it was a song to make people feel like idiots.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so it was something in that video you're after, explains why I didn't understand! Yeah I do hope it turns up one day. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much though, they were young then and we know from the huge amounts we've seen and heard from them since that they've matured now. Whatever it was they're still the same people now, better to take them for what they are and taking into account all the interviews etc we've seen of them rather than letting the memory of just one video of their younger selves skew your judgement.

One other thing... there was a phone number at the bottom of the screen that was scrolling by, which people were supposed to call in to if they thought they were the subject of what was being done on the television...

I did not call. I watched the show and after I felt hurt by it, the mute button went on and I got to watch him walking back and forth along a black stage while he was singing. It SUCKED. I may never know if it was a good song to cheer a person up or if it was a song to make people feel like idiots.

It sucked? Are you sure it was actually Green Day? :P

It sucked? Are you sure it was actually Green Day? :P

How did that happen?

I have no idea. I think somewhere in my head, I heard the name Billie Joe and thought of Billy Joel.

I have no idea. I think somewhere in my head, I heard the name Billie Joe and thought of Billy Joel.

He's not black either.

I used to think Mike was the lead singer.

I used to think Mike was the lead singer.

I still think that Mike should be the lead singer.

I still think that Mike should be the lead singer.

Silly Tom.

It should clearly be Jeff :lol:

He's not black either.

ah see but I thought he was. I was 8.

I dont know if this counts but...

I didnt know what a B-Side or whatever was so i didnt hear Shoplifter, Lights Out!, Most of their Covers, Governator or anything like that until a while after finishing listening to their stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

In the beginning, I thought Pulling Teeth was written about Mike's incident with the security guard at the end of the Woodstock '94 show, figured out shortly after that it was recorded and released before that date.

In the beginning, I thought Pulling Teeth was written about Mike's incident with the security guard at the end of the Woodstock '94 show, figured out shortly after that it was recorded and released before that date.

It's always made me a bit sad how they didn't play Pulling Teeth at Woodstock.

I thought the band was consisted of emo Canadian homosexuals who cries about walking alone.

I thought the band was consisted of emo Canadian homosexuals who cries about walking alone.

What made you think they were gay?

What made you think they were gay?

I always thought they were gay, because of the eyeliner and skinny jeans. Also, Billie's vocals in Boulevard of Broken Dreams kinda sounded gay.

I always thought they were gay, because of the eyeliner and skinny jeans. Also, Billie's vocals in Boulevard of Broken Dreams kinda sounded gay.

I've never seen any of the guys wear skinny jeans, and it's been a long time since I've seen them in jeans

Also, Billie's vocals in Boulevard of Broken Dreams kinda sounded gay.

hwat

hwat

I was a dumb child back in 2004 when AI came out. I thought all emo or goth people was gay, because I always encounter them every time I pass the Hot Topic at my mall with those weirdos wearing eyeliner and Three Days Grace shirts. Hell, I always thought my long lost and dead half brother was gay for that same reason.

I was a dumb child back in 2004 when AI came out. I thought all emo or goth people was gay, because I always encounter them every time I pass the Hot Topic at my mall with those weirdos wearing eyeliner and Three Days Grace shirts. Hell, I always thought my long lost and dead half brother was gay for that same reason.

And that is not your fault, especially since you're in freakin' Texas and aware of it now. :)

The whole emo phenomenon is more related to selling clothes and make-up than anything else, after all.

I think I assumed Billie was gay or bisexual when I first heard them with American Idiot, before I knew anything else about them other than their names, just because of "Maybe I am the faggot America". Would've been an unlikely line to come from a straight person.

Archived