Wait, what? My life is a lie. :cry:

I know. Also, England isn't the official home of Green Day from now on. :(

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. Also, England isn't the official home of Green Day from now on. :(

Why do they do this to us?!

Well, you couldn't very well have the guys living in converted barns in Wiltshire and sipping tea out of china mugs and having butlers called Tiffin, could you?

I know. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you :/

Well, you couldn't very well have the guys living in converted barns in Wiltshire and sipping tea out of china mugs and having butlers called Tiffin, could you?

Why not, would they go soft?

Oh.

But they would've gone soft an album earlier. Picture 21CBD with Trilogy lyrics and production.

day16.gif

I thought that WMUWSE was about going back to school in the fall.

me too! "Wake me up when September ends" was on my msn messenger line for like the whole month. Summer has gone and passed... Haha

I once genuinely believed that The Network weren't Green Day and got all defensive about it to other fans. I was only 12...

(Now awaiting the "but they aren't the same band!" jokes :P )

For a long time, before it ever listened or bought Shenanigans, I read online the track list and it said stuff like:

10. "Sick of Me" (from "Hitchin' a Ride", 1997)

11. "Rotting" (from "Good Riddance", 1997)

12. "Do Da Da" (from "Brain Stew/Jaded", 1996)

13. "On the Wagon" (from "Longview", 1994)

I had no clue what it meant by "From Longview" and how some singles had extra bonus songs, so I assumed parts of the singles were used in these sings like the instrumental and thought the songs were just the same thing with different lyrics.mi don't know why but now that I think of it, it was kinda foolish of me :/

I once genuinely believed that The Network weren't Green Day and got all defensive about it to other fans. I was only 12...

(Now awaiting the "but they aren't the same band!" jokes :P )

But Maria, they aren't the same band!

When i listen to a band, i download all of their albums at once, listen to them, and delete the ones i hate. Because of this, and i didn't do much research, i thought "99 Revolutions" was on 21st Century Breakdown. Don't judge me i didn't know when 21st Century Breakdown came out. :P

When i listen to a band, i download all of their albums at once, listen to them, and delete the ones i hate. Because of this, and i didn't do much research, i thought "99 Revolutions" was on 21st Century Breakdown. Don't judge me i didn't know when 21st Century Breakdown came out. :P

You must be new.

The first time I saw them play on TV, I thought Billie Joe was Mike and couldn't understand why he was the one singing.

Saw them live in '98, and thought he was totally serious about running for mayor of Boston. To be young and naive again...

Very understandable! 99 Revolutions is the least "Uno Dos and Tre-like" song on those albums, with that title and those lyrics it sounds much more like a 21st Century Breakdown or American Idiot era song.

• 1 month later...

I used to think Don't Wanna Fall in Love was a cover because it's nothing like any other Green Day song

I thought Lagwagon's cover of Brown Eyed Girl was Green Day for a while.

Fucking Limewire.

Wait wait wait. The Network is not Green Day, and Ronnie Blake is actually from Connecticut. Billie said so at the 2005 show I went to, and he would never lie.

Please don't judge me because of this hahaha.

When I downloaded American Idiot, the songs weren't in order and didn't have their names, so for example, I thought Give Me Novacaine was Jesus of Suburbia.

I thought Green Day's first album was American Idiot, and their second 21stCB, and I thought they were like 25 in 2009.

Waiting and Macy's Dy Parade were bonus tracks of International Superhits.

I didn't know what a b-side was so I assumed Shenanigans was a studio album.

I thought the story about the fan who killed his parents in Kerplunk was actually real.

I used to say there were 100 million people at the BIAB concert (I was 10 years old).

I used to think the whole of Homecoming and American Eulogy were sung by Billie, who did weird things with his voice.

Billie's natural hair color was blonde.

For some reason I thought Blue was Billie's inheritance when his father died.

I had a lot of misconceptions because I was a very imaginative kid, you know :lol:

When I first got into them I thought they were all eyeliner and anti-America. I'm neither of those things but I liked the music. Years of maturing and looking into the music has taught me Green Day is a little more than that.

I thought Billie Joe Armstrong was cruel and that Mike and Tré laughing was rubbing it in. Then when I heard that song off of Dookie, I was disappointed that they had written it because I actually liked the song.

I thought Billie Joe Armstrong was cruel and that Mike and Tré laughing was rubbing it in. Then when I heard that song off of Dookie, I was disappointed that they had written it because I actually liked the song.

Which song?

Archived