Misconceptions you had about Green Day as a new fan

Todd

Oops.

U2-teenagers.jpg

I'm literally going to guess just off of the hair, is it the Flock of Seagulls? lol

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm literally going to guess just off of the hair, is it the Flock of Seagulls? lol

U2.

U2.

ohh the lead singer doesn't have some dumb glasses on so I didn't recognize them. needless to say I don't like U2 haha.

Because you're 98 and you need to die pretty soon. Don't wanna be late

Child please, I've been listening to Green Day since we were both in diapers.

ohh the lead singer doesn't have some dumb glasses on so I didn't recognize them. needless to say I don't like U2 haha.

He's got Photophobia. His glasses are prescription. ;)

Child please, I've been listening to Green Day since we were both in diapers.

Wow that makes you such a great fan

Back in 2000, the first time I listened to Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking I thought Knowlegde was a Green Day song.

their older stuff is awesome though, especially The Joshua Tree album

Wow that makes you such a great fan

It actually has been scientifically proven that the longer ago you became a fan of a band, the better a fan you are. It's just a fact of life.

He's got Photophobia. His glasses are prescription. ;)

I actually had no idea about this. Thanks.

It actually has been scientifically proven that the longer ago you became a fan of a band, the better a fan you are. It's just a fact of life.

I've been listening to Green Day since my years in the womb ;)

I've been listening to Green Day since my years in the womb ;)

So what? I first listened to them when I was a glint in my dad's eye.

That Shenanigas was their newest album since I didn't found any live performance of that songs;
I've first heard Green Day with AI in 2004 and I discovered old hits in BIAB in 2005 (before I only have heard Minority and Basket Case)

After that I realised the thruth about that I thought that the band was quit since I didn't found any news after AI tour

When only had BIAB as a live show I thought this was the entire set with no song missing

The first several times i watched the american idiot music video like 9 years ago when i was nine years old i thought they were actually performing the song in the video lol

The first several times i watched the american idiot music video like 9 years ago when i was nine years old i thought they were actually performing the song in the video lol

I used to think that about every single music video at that age. And I was wondering how come they always do it exact same way, LMAO. :P

Well originally I liked them in 1994 when Dookie was released (I was in elementary school) and they were big with my school mates, who got me into them. I got the album Dookie on cassette tape and then got Insomniac on cassette tape but pretty much forgot about them after that. Fast forward to 2001 and I saw International Superhits sitting on the shelf, and at this point I didn't even realize they had any albums past Insomniac. I just started college and I saw that CD on the shelf and since I no longer owned Dookie or Insomniac because they were on cassette and had nothing to play cassette anymore, I decided to buy the International Superhits CD. And I couldn't believe what I've been missing out on! The "newer" stuff (Nimrod and Warning... the stuff I haven't heard at that point) was amazing! Specifically, it was the song "Redundant" that really hooked me. And remains, to this day, my favorite song of all time. If it wasn't for "Redundant" I might not be a big Green Day fan. And ever since they've been one of my favorite bands of all time, and for the last few years they've been my #1 favorite.

So, long story short, my misconception was that they stopped making new songs after Insomniac only be surprised I loved everything after that even more!

Well originally I liked them in 1994 when Dookie was released (I was in elementary school) and they were big with my school mates, who got me into them. I got the album Dookie on cassette tape and then got Insomniac on cassette tape but pretty much forgot about them after that. Fast forward to 2001 and I saw International Superhits sitting on the shelf, and at this point I didn't even realize they had any albums past Insomniac. I just started college and I saw that CD on the shelf and since I no longer owned Dookie or Insomniac because they were on cassette and had nothing to play cassette anymore, I decided to buy the International Superhits CD. And I couldn't believe what I've been missing out on! The "newer" stuff (Nimrod and Warning... the stuff I haven't heard at that point) was amazing! Specifically, it was the song "Redundant" that really hooked me. And remains, to this day, my favorite song of all time. If it wasn't for "Redundant" I might not be a big Green Day fan. And ever since they've been one of my favorite bands of all time, and for the last few years they've been my #1 favorite.

So, long story short, my misconception was that they stopped making new songs after Insomniac only be surprised I loved everything after that even more!

How interesting. A person ten days younger than me tells a story about the same period of time that was my most intense in terms of Green Day before 2013. :)

Thanks for sharing this.

This isn't really about the music, but when I was ten and Dookie was still fairly new I thought there was no way Billie Joe was a real name haha.

This isn't really about the music, but when I was ten and Dookie was still fairly new I thought there was no way Billie Joe was a real name haha.

A lot of people thought the same.

I used to think that about every single music video at that age. And I was wondering how come they always do it exact same way, LMAO. :P

C'mon, who didn't think that way? :P

I used to think that Ronnie Blake was actually from London.

I used to think that Ronnie Blake was actually from London.

Wait, what? My life is a lie. :cry:

Archived