How would you introduce Green Day to your friends/family?

Todd

If you had to introduce Green Day to a friend or family member that had never heard of them before, how would you do it? (Not introducing the band in person, but introducing their music and shit)

What picture of the band would you show them? What songs would you play them? Any live performances you would show them?

I think this is a fun idea, because seeing what you'd show them reflects on your personality as well. For example, I'd probably use this picture

f8b27a67-ca0d-4bd5-8a3e-b86bd1b21edf.jpg

I'd play Basket Case and Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and I'd show this live performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJic9FWBZgQ

But someone else might show a picture of Billie Joe with 500 pounds of eyeliner, play 21 Guns and The Forgotten, and show a video of Billie playing St. Jimmy on Broadway.

It really reflects what you love most about Green Day, and what you think other people will love too. So how would you introduce Green Day?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem would be finding somebody I know who was unfamiliar with them, given my general Green Day nevershuttingthefuckuptitude. :)

But a more recent photo, with the Dookie version of Welcome to Paradise and maybe the Hitchin' a Ride video.

I introduced them via "American Idiot" and got them banned for my troubles. :lol:

I'd play them Jesus Of Suburbia, When I Come Around, 21st Century Breakdown and this:

I most certainly would not play them Basket Case, as that was the first Green Day song I heard, about two years before I got into them, and I hated it.

Most of my family know who green day are anyway :lol: I was surprised when I got American idiot and it had a little flyer with all the previous albums on it. I asked my mum if she'd heard of them and she said yes, turned out she'd liked them since dookie/basket case came out but sorta forgot about them :P

Yeah basket case or maybe a slower song like time of your life/wmuwse would be what I'd choose, or maybe platypus just to take the piss!

That reminded me when I bought bullet in a bible my mum and step dad watched it first to make sure it was 'okay'! it makes me cringe to think they seen hitchin a ride tbh, that wouldn't be my live performance of choice, that's for sure :lol:

i'd make them watch BIAB and make sure their eyes never left the screen.

Nightlife. I'd totally play that. Totally

Play Nightlife, then When It's Time, then Take Back :P

Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends were on the list I think. Also 21 Guns. Mum likes those songs. The rest is "a bloody racket"

I think this is a fun idea, because seeing what you'd show them reflects on your personality as well. For example, I'd probably use this picture

I really hope that doesn't!

Not sure if that counts but...
The first time my mother saw Green Day I was watching Bullet in a Bible and she came to the living room when Billie was showing his but, so I kinda of introduced Green Day to my mother for the background. The second time she came to the living room (She has a perfect timing :P ) Tré was doing his thing and she actually seat in the couch for watching the video (because aparently Tre was "hot". Yes, she said HOT). When Billie started to humping the floor she was like "what are you watching??" :lol:
And I introduced Green Day for my best friend with 21 Guns because I needed to go really slowly, she only hears church hymns so I couldn't scare her. A couple of years later...now she already heard all the Green Day songs (only with me because she still have the "only hymns" thing) and she prefers the Nimroad album (I'm so proud of her :happy: )

I have no idea :ga:

Not the two songs in your username?

I'd just show people a collaboration of Hitchin A Ride live.

I'd probably show them a recent picture and play When I Come Around and BOBD.

Not the two songs in your username?

Ok well I guess I could do that :D

Including the masturbation simulation? Scary.

I'd pick three songs that are total opposites of each other so they can see all the different sides of Green Day and then I'd show them Bullet in a Bible.

Nightlife. I'd totally play that. Totally

Thats how I introduced my friends to Green Day... it went well :shifty:

Including the masturbation simulation? Scary.

Yep. If they can't handle it they aren't meant to be an Idiot.

Last Ride In, Espionage, and Fuck Time, followed by the entirety of their iHeart Radio performance, and I'd top it all off with this picture of Billie (because it's really just the Billie Joe Show at this point)/

green-day-sm87.jpg

then I'd tell them to fuck off because no one I know is allowed to like Green Day except me.

If someone did like Green Day after that I wouldn't be comfortable associating with them.

I've said this before but my song of choice would be When I Come Around, by far their poppiest and most accessible melody.

I'd show them this performance

maybe Good Riddance BIAB too.

Last Ride In, Espionage, and Fuck Time, followed by the entirety of their iHeart Radio performance, and I'd top it all off with this picture of Billie (because it's really just the Billie Joe Show at this point)/

green-day-sm87.jpg

then I'd tell them to fuck off because no one I know is allowed to like Green Day except me.

Kay, I think you just won the thread

Archived