Billie Joe + Norah Jones New Video for Kentucky

DirtyRottenForgotten

Green Day just posted this on their Facebook. Billie Joe and Norah Jones have a video for Kentucky.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would release a video with Billie and Norah actually in it. Even it's just a video from the recording studio.

I agree. I wish they were both in the music video and it doesn't really make sense to me why they are surfing but oh well. Decent video though.

It's pretty. Besides that... yeah, I'm confused about why they chose that song for a surfing video. It's a nice chill song, but considering it mentions Kentucky in every verse, kinda takes away from the setting.

Who do you think that prevailed in the choose of the video theme? Billie or Norah?
Surfing is a Billie thing right?
Sorry I'm trying to understand that video. :lol::lol:

This video confuses me. :huh: But I like how soothing both the song and video is.

Did anyone else just get a craving for fried chicken?

Yes fried chicken with salad and tomatoes.

I first saw the little video Bj posted on instagram and thought it was the beginning of Cuatro lol

There is a small interview to the girl on that site too..is she a professional surfer?

This video makes no sense to me whatsoever. :confused: Makes me want to try surfing though!

I first saw the little video Bj posted on instagram and thought it was the beginning of Cuatro lol

They could literally just have taken that footage and played it over and over again. At least Billie would be in it!

And you know Billie in a wet suit is quite a sight to see.

:whistle

There's a really good explanation about the video by one of the surfers in it here (from this post on greenday.com):

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/surfing-kentucky_107366/

I quite like it, just a video of the Kentucky scenery or whatever would be very predictable whereas this gives another angle to the song. Would be way better with Billie and Norah in it though, it's just always better when the artists are in the video and part of the visual representation of the song as well as the musical.

There's a really good explanation about the video by one of the surfers in it here (from this post on greenday.com):

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/surfing-kentucky_107366/

I quite like it, just a video of the Kentucky scenery or whatever would be very predictable whereas this gives another angle to the song. Would be way better with Billie and Norah in it though, it's just always better when the artists are in the video and part of the visual representation of the song as well as the musical.

That's a really nice read. Nice to have some insight on the music video.

I agree that It would have been better with them in It.Not a fan of this kind of vid.At all.

The melody is appropriate for a surfing video, so to make it work every time Billie said "Kentuckyyyyyyy" I just imagined him saying "Miamiiiiiiiii" and everything worked out great.

Cognitive dissonance I believe is what they call that. Or denial. This video makes no sense, there aren't even like, lakes in Kentucky :P

The melody is appropriate for a surfing video, so to make it work every time Billie said "Kentuckyyyyyyy" I just imagined him saying "Miamiiiiiiiii" and everything worked out great.

Cognitive dissonance I believe is what they call that. Or denial. This video makes no sense, there aren't even like, lakes in Kentucky :P

There's probably a small pond somewhere, or maybe a puddle?

I like when the brain is getting confused (pity, I can´t see the vid in Germany due to some rights...).

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Chris Frantz, former drummer of Talking Heads posted this on his Facebook and has posted about GD before/is a fan. :)

I'd say either the director/surf company came to Billie Joe about this or maybe the record label had in the contract for there to be a few promo videos. I think it's just a fun, laidback summer project done for the love of it rather than any hopes for serious promo. I'm pretty meh about it, I mean it's pretty but obviously wouldn't be regarded as a proper classic GD video or anything. For those who think it really doesn't go, I think it does musically/melodically. And we now all know Billie Joe's love of surf so I'm sure he was happy to agree. :)

I wish they would release a video with Billie and Norah actually in it. Even it's just a video from the recording studio.

Your comment made me not get my hopes up for seeing them in the video :P

Archived